Georg Ludwig Platen Hallermund 1704-1772

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aunty Gene

City
Runcorn
Country
United Kingdom
My 5th Great Grandfather was Georg Ludwig Platen Hallermund. He was born in Hanover on the 14 February 1703 and died on 18 August 1772, also in Hanover. Now I believe he married Baroness Sofie Caroline Offeln on the 11 March 1697 at Herrenhausen Castle. What I would like to know is who was his father and mother. Can anyone help please?

My 5th Great Grandfather was Georg Ludwig Platen Hallermund. He was born in Hanover on the 14 February 1703 and died on 18 August 1772, also in Hanover. Now I believe he married Baroness Sofie Caroline Offeln on the 11 March 1697 at Herrenhausen Castle. What I would like to know is who was his father and mother. Can anyone help please?

According to Paul Theroff's Online Gotha, George Ludwig was the son of Ernst August Graf von Platen-Hallermund (1674-1726) and his wife Sophia Karolina von Uffeln (1669-1726).

Ernst August was the son of Klara Elisabeth von Meysenbug (1648-1700), wife of Franz Ernst Graf von Hallermund and apparently mistress of Ernst August Elector of Hanover (father of King George I) who probably fathered her children.

Ernst August's sister Sophie Charlotte married Johann Adolf Frhr von Kielmansegg. Their daughter Mary Sophia Charlotte von Kielsmanegg married Emanuel Howe 2nd Viscount Howe and was an ancestor of Diana, Princess of Wales.

https://www.angelfire.com/realm/gotha/gotha/platen.html

Back
Top Bottom