Engagement of Prince Georg Friedrich and Princess Sophie von Isenburg 21 January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stefan

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
Esslingen
Country
Germany
Last edited:
WHAT!!! and we all thought they had broken up. Well what an excellent turn up for the books. And a princess as well!!

Last edited by a moderator:
bio:
HSH Princess Sophie von Isenburg (-Birstein), born 7 April 1978
3rd daughter of Franz Alexander, 8th Fürst von Isenburg and Countess Christine von Saurma;
two brothers: Erbprinz Alexander and Prince Viktor;
two sisters: Princess Katharina (married to Archduke Martin of Austria-Este) and Princess Isabelle (married to Carl, 8th Fürst zu Wied).

Princess Sophie's paternal grandmother was born Countess Irina Alexandrovna Tolstoy.

This branch of the family is Roman Catholic, the other branch, the Princes zu Ysenburg und Büdingen, is Protestant.

Fantastic news!
Congratulations to the families and to all royal watchers! :flowers: A real princess in her own right at last among all those 'cinderellas' in the European royal houses.:)

I knew it !

By the way, that's the dress she wore for a concert of the princess Kira Stiftung.

Donata must be very happy.

I hope they'll have many children.

He did it finally - a real princess.

Here we have the third high class royal wedding this year !

It's going to be a yippieh ya yeah year for royal watchers !!!

Last edited:
Congrats to the happy couple! And hopefully that never-ending inheritance dispute will finally come to an end because there is nothing his uncles can say against this perfect marriage ;)

Wow, what a surprise. I didn't expected his engagement at all. Congatz to the couple.

Congratulations, I'm happy for them!!! All the best wishes!! :twohearts:

Is this the woman he was rumored to have dated for many years?

Congratulations!
P.S.It seems that many women named "Sophie","Sophia","Sofia" have the luck to marry royal men

What a wonderful turn of events! I hear hearts breaking all across TRF, though :)

This branch of the family is Roman Catholic, the other branch, the Princes zu Ysenburg und Büdingen, is Protestant.

Congratulations to the happy couple!

How will the religion issue work? Will she convert? Will he? Does it matter anymore?

From the German version I understand that they market patents of stuff that was developed and invented at institutions of higher education (meaning unversities or politechnics).

Congratulations to the couple! I'm looking forward to their wedding.

Congratulations to Prince Georg Friedrich and Princess Sophie :heartflower:

That's interesting to learn more about her family!By the way,does anyone have more pictures of Sophie and her parents and siblings?

Congratulations to the couple ! They both have impressives mix of Royal blood. :flowers:

The article says that Georg Friedrich works in Rostock for a company that makes patents for education. Sorry to be dense, but what does that mean?

That's a rather wrong translation. Georg works for a firm that links university research to industry and helps researchers ( especially scientist and engineers ) to sell their results in a profitable way. Or he helps the doctors, PhDs and professors to open their own firms like laboratories and (manu)factories.
He is a agent so to say. His firm gets a certain percent of the researchers win. About patents: The researchers results must be patented, so that thiscertain product is the only one on the market ( because engages AG's win is bigger then).
And he is not working in Rostock the whole day. This firm has a dependance there, but their work in the whole north-eastern sector of Germany - so Berlin, Hamburg, Frankfurt-Oder etc.

Congratulations to the couple ! They both have impressives mix of Royal blood. :flowers:

I believe they will be a good example of people who get hooked because it seems so "fitting". Okay, they have known each other for a long time and there won't be such pressures on a Mrs. Prinzessin von Preussen as it was once on The Princess of Wales but still I'm not convinced this marriage will last after she has given him his heir. Oh, I do wish them all the best and really hope they'll make it to a Happily Ever After but there's a "but" I don't feel with those Royal marriages where the spouse was chosen for love and love only without any regard for her bloodlines.

Wow, this caught me by surprise! Still, it's a good sort of surprise. Congratulations to the couple and I wish them only the best. :twohearts:

It seems they have been dating for quite a long time, so I guess the decision to get married has been given a very careful consideration.

Congratulations to Prince Georg Friedrich & Princess Sophie!

I believe they will be a good example of people who get hooked because it seems so "fitting". Okay, they have known each other for a long time and there won't be such pressures on a Mrs. Prinzessin von Preussen as it was once on The Princess of Wales but still I'm not convinced this marriage will last after she has given him his heir. Oh, I do wish them all the best and really hope they'll make it to a Happily Ever After but there's a "but" I don't feel with those Royal marriages where the spouse was chosen for love and love only without any regard for her bloodlines.

My thoughts, just my deepest thoughts dear Kataryn ! You speak from my soul !
These were just my thoughts, but I didn't want to say because I didn't want to be the "grinch" here.

I guess this is more a marriage of convenience. Both are glad to marry noble. They might even have deep feelings for each other and like each other. But I'm not sure if that marriage is forever.

But of course we don't know them and I wish them all the best and no divorce ( especially for their childrens good ), many children and luck.

How do you know that they didn't decide to get married because they are deeple in love with each other? Are all marriages between to aristocrates (and there are quite a lot) simply for dynastic reasons?
I guess if she would have been chosen purely for her bloodline, he would have gone for a protestant princess and as far as I know she is a catholic. Don't know though if she will convert but I think everything is fine when she agrees to raise their children as protestants.
They've been dating for quite a while now so if it wouldn't be for love, why wait for so long?

Some more pictures of Sophie...
1 - 2 - 3 -4

Thank You for the pics!
She is not striking beauty at all,but she is aristocratic and not arrogant at all.

Back
Top Bottom