Prince Pedro Luíz (1983-2009) Brazilian heir killed in Air France plane crash

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another article, scanned from Flash magazine:

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/1733/flashy.jpg
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/5995/flash2v.jpg
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/1783/flash3r.jpg
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/466/flash4.jpg
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/968/flash5.jpg

About D. Pedro, it says, among other things, that Archduchess Marie Christine of Austria was his only publicly acknowledged girlfriend and that he was searching for a fiancée among the royal circle.
On Wednesday, there will be a mass in Rio, at Igreja da Ordem Terceira do Carmo.

The Duchess of Bragança says her family is deeply sad, because D. Duarte lost in this plane accident two relatives: Pedro Luiz and also the husband of a German cousin (it doesn't say who). Here's a little interview about it:
http://tv1.rtp.pt/noticias/?t=Duart....rtp&headline=20&visual=9&tm=7&article=225038

Last edited:
A person I know went to the mass celebrated yesterday in Rio and this person told me there were many princes of the Vassouras branch, naturally, AND PRINCES OF THE PETRÓPOLIS BRANCH AS WELL!!!

There´s a very interesting thing for those interested in the coverage of Point de Vue. I´ve got a subscription but I was curious to see the magazine inside before I get it, and in the link below you can see ALL the pages of magazine!!! (there are 8 eight pages on D. Pedro Luiz, by the way, not 6 six)
Vente de magazine, journaux, revue, abonnement presse: journaux.fr, votre maison de presse en ligne

I only just read this weekend about the loss of young Prince Pedro-Luiz. He is on the cover of Point de Vue, along with his cousin and confidante Alex de Ligne.

He was only 26 and he sounded like a very kind, wonderful man. When I read the excerpt from "Le Petit Prince" that were read at a memorial Mass in Luxembourg that was attended by many Royals including Henri and Marie-Therese, I wept. It was very beautiful and moving.

My heart is absolutely broken for his family and friends.

very intrusive. I find photographers irritating in Church and this must be so difficult for them, no moment of privacy.

An article and a picture of the mass. Prince Antonio, Princess Christine and their children are seated on the front row:

Familiares de passageiros do voo 447 celebram missa no Rio - JM - Jornal de Maringá

Other members of the imperial family are seated behing them.

Article with a picture of the prince and princess in prayer: Folha Online - Cotidiano - Missa em homenagem às vítimas do voo AF 447 reúne 150 pessoas no Rio - 05/06/2009

Article, prince Antonio says the family found strength in their faith, it pictures the family in prayer: Parentes de passageiros do voo 447 assistem à missa no Rio de Janeiro | Geral | Especial:santa - Jornal de Santa Catarina

Note that the pictures in the articles are somewhat intruisive.

------
Courtesy: Pedro at the FIMB.

A person I know went to the mass celebrated yesterday in Rio and this person told me there were many princes of the Vassouras branch, naturally, AND PRINCES OF THE PETRÓPOLIS BRANCH AS WELL!!!

There´s a very interesting thing for those interested in the coverage of Point de Vue. I´ve got a subscription but I was curious to see the magazine inside before I get it, and in the link below you can see ALL the pages of magazine!!! (there are 8 eight pages on D. Pedro Luiz, by the way, not 6 six)
Vente de magazine, journaux, revue, abonnement presse: journaux.fr, votre maison de presse en ligne

I bought that issue of Point de Vue and the death of the prince resulted in a reportage of around 8 pages. Some very nice words about the prince from his uncle, the prince de Ligne and from the duke of Bragança. They also reported about the mass in Belouil, that was attended by the Grand DUke and Grand Duchess of Luxembourg, their sons Louis and Félix; Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein, Archduke Rudolphe and his wife Marie Hélène, prince Amedeo and princess Maria Laura of Belgium, a lot of members of the de Ligne family and 500 other guests.

very intrusive. I find photographers irritating in Church and this must be so difficult for them, no moment of privacy.

I completely agree with you...it drives me nuts when photographers show close ups of grieving relatives and friends in Church....I remember the funerals of Princess Grace and Stefano Casiraghi(Caroline's 2nd husband) and I remember cringing...just so inappropriate and intrusive.

How sad for that family, and for all the families who lost love ones. The fact that they don't have Pedro Luiz's remains to bury with his ancestors must make it even more painful.

:previous:

I see that the causaimperial.org.br have put a video on youtube with pictures of the masses that were held in Rio, showing the grieving relatives of the prince. i believe the causaimperial is led by the uncle of the prince, so the family must have accepted that pictures were taken (if they objected the causaimperial would not have shown them I gather).

yes I do not doubt that they accepted the camara's, it is only as a third person that I find it embaressing.

(re the you tube clips: what a wonderful language!)

:previous:

I see that the causaimperial.org.br have put a video on youtube with pictures of the masses that were held in Rio, showing the grieving relatives of the prince. i believe the causaimperial is led by the uncle of the prince, so the family must have accepted that pictures were taken (if they objected the causaimperial would not have shown them I gather).

The Federal Police announced yesterday the identification of the body of Pedro Luiz de Orleans e Bragança.
The burial will be today (06/07/2009), discretamante, only with the presence of family members.​

The Federal Police announced yesterday the identification of the body of Pedro Luiz de Orleans e Bragança.
The burial will be today (06/07/2009), discretamante, only with the presence of family members.​

I am so sorry about this. but will there be any photographs of the funeral?

It says in the last article O DIA ONLINE, that his Father, Dom Antonio, was about to go to Europe to see one of his daughters that studies architecture, when the Federal Police told him, that the corpse of the young prince had been identified. Dom Antonio changed his plans then, to be present in the mass and funeral for the young man.
In other articles, they also say, that the prince´s grandmother, who is ill doesn´t know up to now, what happened to her favourite grandson.

the recovery of prince pedro body

at least the family has some sort of closure now on pedro's death, but the events surrounding the doomed flight are still unclear, it must be hard for the family not knowing what happened that night !!

i always admire him i always think that he have what it takes to bring brazil to a monarchy again and now he's gone may he forever rest in peace and shall rise again when god came its a great loss my heart went on to the brazillian imperial family ,the braganca of portugal and the princely family of ligne

Back
Top Bottom