Prince Pedro Luíz (1983-2009) Brazilian heir killed in Air France plane crash

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It´s not the first flight accident with a menber of the Brazililan Imperial Family as Prince D. Eudes suffered one when in honeymoon on his second marriage in Jamaica. The couple had to survive eating cannabis.
Pequeno príncipe - Ancelmo Gois: O Globo
likewise, dom antonio gastao born 1881 , lost his life via a flying accident 29 nov 1918 at edmonton, london england. what unlucky occurrances within one family !!!. what sorrowful times ?.

i have also heard a report that the black boxes may never be found, so we may never know what had happened on that doomed flight. how sorrowful it all is.

my heart bleeds......

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry to hear what has happened. May he rest in peace and may his family find strength in the middle of such hard times. Has it been said when the memorial service will take place?

An interview with D. Pedro Luiz´s father

An interview with D. Antonio. He said he and all his children played golf Sunday morning and all the family went together from Petrópolis to Rio to take D. Pedro Luiz to the airport, on the way they talked about Pedro Luiz´s job and also, coincindentaly, about faith and religion. D. Pedro Luiz said he was very happy.
D. Antonio says he learnt about the accident by the television, he got worried twice because his niece, the young princess of Ligne, had taken the airplane of 16:40 and Pedro Luiz the one that left at 19:00. D. Antonio called his wife and told her to take a sit and told her about the accident and she was in despair.
There´s a nice, beautifulm recent picture of the family:

Mundo - NOTÍCIAS - "A esperança se foi"

One of the posts I've read said that Prince Pedro Luiz lived in Luxembourg with a "duke." Does anyone know who this is?

One of the posts I've read said that Prince Pedro Luiz lived in Luxembourg with a "duke." Does anyone know who this is?

the Wall Street Journal said he was a guest of the "duke" of Luxembourg, meaning the Grand-Duke (and he was not a guest!)

Poor young man, indeed. I feel very much for him and for everyone else related to this misterious accident.

But by other side, I am very happy for his double-cousin, Princess Alix de Ligne. She had planned to travel with him, but took an earlier flight instead, as the Wikipedia article says.

This is just a sad and tragic story so young and yet the prince is not with us nor his family or friends anymore.That is so heartbreaking and shocking I send my sympathy to members of the his family and his friends too.

My condolences to the family, those are really sad news

I just saw prince Antonio, princess Christine and their children on the television news. They attended a memorial mass for the victims of the crash and were in prayer.

Today there was also a mass at Belouil, Belgium. the chateau of the de Ligne family. It was attended by prince Amedeo and princess Maria-Laura of Belgium (among others).

It has just been announced that the first bodies have been found, hopefully they manage to find all of them including the Prince's as quickly as possible. May they all rest in peace.

And my condolences to the Prince's family this is tragic news for everyone who knew anyone on board the plane.

BBC NEWS | World | Americas | Bodies 'found' from missing plane

Yes it's the second main story on the news after The D-Day memorial service in Normandy. My heart goes out the the royal family. Isn't their suppose to be a marraige soon in the Brazilian royal family?

??.07.2009 - wedding of Prince Gabriel de Orléans e Bragança and Luciana Guaspari (private)
16.10.2009 - wedding of Count Alexander zu Stolberg-Stolberg and Princess Isabel de Orléans e Bragança at Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Marlene Eilers Koenig)

two of them...

I think the one in July will be postponed of Toned Down. Both Wedding are of His First cousins too. Only time will tell when it happens.

??.07.2009 - wedding of Prince Gabriel de Orléans e Bragança and Luciana Guaspari (private)
16.10.2009 - wedding of Count Alexander zu Stolberg-Stolberg and Princess Isabel de Orléans e Bragança at Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Marlene Eilers Koenig)

two of them...

I think the one in July will be postponed of Toned Down. Both Wedding are of His First cousins too. Only time will tell when it happens.

Thank you for this information. I must be a terrible time for the entire family.

Maybe it would be better to pospone those weddings to next year!
This year is such a black year. Not really a year to celebrate weddings.

The wedding of Prince Gabriel and Luciana Guaspar will probably be toned down but I doubt it will be cancelled. The dead of Prince Pedro Luiz is a terrible tragedy for the entire family, however life goes on.

I hope the Prince's body will be found, it would be at least some consolation for his poor family.

Marengo
What television network passed the news of the Mass?

Marengo
What television network passed the news of the Mass?

I saw it on (the dutch version of) RTL, a commercial channel from Luxembourg, the prince and princess were seated in the first row.

The information of the service at Belouil however comes from the website of the Belgian royal family.

An article and a picture of the mass. Prince Antonio, Princess Christine and their children are seated on the front row:

Familiares de passageiros do voo 447 celebram missa no Rio - JM - Jornal de Maringá

Other members of the imperial family are seated behing them.

Article with a picture of the prince and princess in prayer: http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/folha/cotidiano/ult95u577382.shtml

Article, prince Antonio says the family found strength in their faith, it pictures the family in prayer: http://www.clicrbs.com.br/especial/...o-447-assistem-a-missa-no-Rio-de-Janeiro.html

Note that the pictures in the articles are somewhat intruisive.

------
Courtesy: Pedro at the FIMB.

Last edited:
This pictures inside de church should not be taken..
I prefer the unknow parents brothers and sister who may pray without photographs and flashes.
At the de Ligne castle a private office took place on saturday , I hope without press and televison and the 2 eldest children of Prince Lorenz and Astrid were there.
Why should a 4 months later wedding be cancelled. Lucky the next month wedding is private, so it will remains private.
It should be different of course if it was a brother or sister of the late Prince Pedro Luiz.

this plane accident was such a loss. when i first read about it i had hopes that it had somehow lost communication but was still in one piece. it's incredible that it could happen and could have happened to anyone. my prayers are with the families.

it's specially peculiar that royalty is also involved in these tragedies. i recall that a thai prince also lost his life during the tsunamis.

here's information of prince pedro luiz from the official webpage of the brazilian monarchy:
Casa Imperial do Brasil - Home

Back
Top Bottom