Imperial Family of Brazil 2: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MAfan

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
N/A
Country
Italy
189px-Grand_imperial_arms_of_Brazil.PNG

Imperial Arms of Brazil

Welcome to the thread for The Imperial Family of Brazil, Part 2

Commencing January 1st, 2022

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:
On Wednesday, February 23, Princes Dom Luiz de Orleans and Bragança, Head of the Imperial House of Brazil, and Dom Bertrand de Orleans and Bragança, Prince Imperial of Brazil, received a visit, at the Headquarters of this Secretariat, in São Paulo, of his beloved nephew and eventual dynastic successor, Prince Dom Rafael of Orleans and Bragança.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaXS-_RLlAP/?utm_medium=copy_link

Last edited:
On the 5th and 6th of April Dom Bertrand de Orleans and Bragança, was in Brasília, where meeting with civil authorities and military, in connection with the commemorations of the Bicentennial of the Independence of Brazil

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcQUXFKLJzJ/

On 21 April , on behalf of Prince Dom Luiz, Head of the Imperial House of Brazil, his nephew, Prince Dom Gabriel , had the pleasure of visiting Aparecida, in the interior of the State of São Paulo, in order to participate, as guest of honor, representing the Imperial House of Brazil, in the opening of the celebrations of the Bicentennial of the Independence of Brazil and of the 113th Festa de São Benedito, Patron Saint of the Municipality.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc0XeptMKzk/

All the five brothers who renounced their rights - Princes Eudes, Pedro de Alcantara, Fernando, Francisco and Alberto - married ladies from the Brazilian Aristocracy. One of the sisters, Princess Maria Gabriela, married a Brazilian nobleman, while her twin, Princess Maria Thereza, married a Dutch nobleman, Johannes Hessel de Jong.

As father, the late Prince Pedro Henrique approved the marriages of all his sons and even regarded his daughters-in-law as his own daughters. But, as Head of the Imperial House of Brazil, he believed he had to maintain the standards established by his ancestors.

Prince Rafael is a handsome young man, we just need to let him have some fun.

For all he said so far, when he settles down, it'll be with an European Catholic Princess by his side.

If we want the monarchy to return to Brazil, which I think would be the best for the country, because it would bring it to the international front pages, attracting more business and tourism; In addition, it would give a sense of stability to Brazil, as it happens in England; and it would free the president from many national and international commitments, which would be much better represented by them, allowing the president to dedicate himself to his work; I think we should help Dom Rafael make a good choice of wife, which is the key to this.
To achieve this, she must be a Diana Spencer, but also with a princess title, which Diana did not have. Remember that Diana raised a monarchy that was declining in popularity and thanks to her Australia did not leave the union.
Maybe I make some mistakes because I'm new here, and if so, excuse me and correct me, but I wanted to suggest some options, to see what you think or if you can give me more ideas of other options.
My options are, Alejandra de Hannover, almost 23 years old; Princess Victoria von Hohenlohe-Langenburg, 25, a German princess with multiple titles of Spanish grandeur; and Princess Kako of Akishino, 27, the niece of the Emperor of Japan and the daughter and sister of future emperors.
I don't know them in their personalities, to know if they are as attractive as Diana, but any of them would bring a lot of press to the royal family and to Brazil. The first, for being the daughter and granddaughter of princesses as famous as Diana; the second, for its large number of titles; and the third, because Brazil is the country with the highest Japanese immigration, which would bring it great popularity.
It goes without saying how beneficial they would be for the country due to their large number of contacts worldwide, with which I am sure the royal family and Brazil would be constantly on the front page of newspapers and magazines around the world.

If we want the monarchy to return to Brazil, which I think would be the best for the country, because it would bring it to the international front pages, attracting more business and tourism; In addition, it would give a sense of stability to Brazil, as it happens in England; and it would free the president from many national and international commitments, which would be much better represented by them, allowing the president to dedicate himself to his work; I think we should help Dom Rafael make a good choice of wife, which is the key to this.
To achieve this, she must be a Diana Spencer, but also with a princess title, which Diana did not have. Remember that Diana raised a monarchy that was declining in popularity and thanks to her Australia did not leave the union.
Maybe I make some mistakes because I'm new here, and if so, excuse me and correct me, but I wanted to suggest some options, to see what you think or if you can give me more ideas of other options.
My options are, Alejandra de Hannover, almost 23 years old; Princess Victoria von Hohenlohe-Langenburg, 25, a German princess with multiple titles of Spanish grandeur; and Princess Kako of Akishino, 27, the niece of the Emperor of Japan and the daughter and sister of future emperors.
I don't know them in their personalities, to know if they are as attractive as Diana, but any of them would bring a lot of press to the royal family and to Brazil. The first, for being the daughter and granddaughter of princesses as famous as Diana; the second, for its large number of titles; and the third, because Brazil is the country with the highest Japanese immigration, which would bring it great popularity.
It goes without saying how beneficial they would be for the country due to their large number of contacts worldwide, with which I am sure the royal family and Brazil would be constantly on the front page of newspapers and magazines around the world.

Imperial Prince of Brazil, Dom Bertrand de Orleans and Bragança, participated in the lecture entitled “Religion and Politics”, in a session promoted in the Parish Hall of the Church of the Santíssimo Sacramento, in Lisbon, Portugal.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdYamQALkzL/

The Imperial Prince of Brazil, Dom Bertrand de Orleans and Bragança, was on a visit to Coimbra, in the Central Region of Portugal, where he participated, as a guest of honor, representing the Imperial House of Brazil, in events promoted in commemoration of the Bicentennial of Independence of Brazil, demonstrating not only his great personal prestige, but also that of the Brazilian branch of the Bragantine Dynasty.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CddkMVZsc3_/

On Friday, May 13th, the 134th anniversary of the Abolition of Slavery in Brazil, the Imperial Prince of Brazil, Dom Bertrand de Orleans and Bragança, acting as Paraninfo, unable to attend, was represented by his nephew, Prince Dom Gabriel of Orleans and Bragança, at the Marlin Delivery Ceremony to the new 199 Student Officers of the Dom Pedro I Class of the Barro Branco Military Police Academy, in São Paulo.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cegg3QpLPTK/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

On Saturday, 14 May, Prince Dom Luiz de Orleans e Bragança, Head of the Imperial House of Brazil, was represented by his brother and sister-in-law, Prince Dom Pedro de Alcantara and Princess Dona Maria de Fátima de Orleans and Bragança, with her daughter, Princess Dona Maria Manuela de Orleans e Bragança, at the Imperial Tea kindly offered by the President of the Monarchical Circle of São Paulo, Dr. Rubens Vuono de Brito Filho, and his wife, D.ª Cecília Helena Lisboa de Brito, at their residence in São Paulo.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CelqcadOsfv/

Last edited:
On Saturday, 21 May , Prince Dom Rafael of Orleans and Bragança participated in the IX Duque do Porto Cup, held at Estela Golf Club, in Póvoa do Varzim, in the Northern Region of Portugal, on the initiative of the honorable Royal Association of Porto. , traditional Portuguese monarchist association.

Dom Rafael received his third cousin, Infante Dom Dinis de Bragança, Duke of Porto, Patron of that golf competition.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CetfuXBre-O/

New update on the health status of Prince Dom Luiz:
Prince Dom Luiz de Orleans e Bragança, Head of the Imperial House of Brazil, remains hospitalized in São Paulo. He has shown improvement in his health which has allowed the Prince to be transferred from the Intensive Care Unit to his room and is expected to be discharged within the next two weeks.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CfHsQbBJXGB/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

On Monday, 6 June , in commemoration of the 84th birthday of Prince Dom Luiz de Orleans e Bragança, Head of the Imperial House of Brazil, his brother and immediate dynastic successor, the Imperial Prince of Brazil, Dom Bertrand de Orleans and Bragança, offered lunch at the Headquarters of the Secretariat of the Imperial House, in São Paulo

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfWljfCrgtg/

New update on health status of Prince Luiz:

Prince Luiz of Orleans-Braganza, Head of the Imperial House of Brasil remains hospitalized in São Paulo, close to completing a month of hospitalization.

Unfortunately, in the opinion of doctors, his condition is considered irreversible.

With the comfort of the Sacraments of the Holy Church and the Apostolic Blessing, the Prince's life is now moving serenely and Christianly towards its denouement.

In this moment of grave consternation, his brothers and immediate dynastic successors, Prince Bertrand of Orleans-Braganza, Prince Imperial of Brazil and Prince Antonio of Orleans-Braganza assist him.

Let us all offer prayers for Dom Luiz, for the Princes who are called to succeed him and for the Brazilian Imperial Family.

Imperial Family representation activities are temporarily suspended.

More information will be made available in due course.

Source:

It is very sad news. A lot of strength for the whole family.

That's quite a different message than previously but an 84-year old being in a hospital for over a month (including several weeks at the ICU) didn't sound promising. They haven't provided information on why he ended up in hospital, have they?

Wishing the family strength and peace in this difficult time.

New update:

Prince Dom Luiz of Orleans-Braganza remains hospitalizated in Santa Catarina Hospital in Sao Paulo. His clinical picture is considered very serious; Prince is currently receiving palliative care, with priority given to symptom control.

We extend our prayers to all of you for the Dom Luiz.

Source:

Last edited:
New update on health status of Prince Luiz:

Prince Luiz of Orleans-Braganza, Head of the Imperial House of Brasil remains hospitalized in São Paulo, close to completing a month of hospitalization.

Unfortunately, in the opinion of doctors, his condition is considered irreversible.

With the comfort of the Sacraments of the Holy Church and the Apostolic Blessing, the Prince's life is now moving serenely and Christianly towards its denouement.

In this moment of grave consternation, his brothers and immediate dynastic successors, Prince Bertrand of Orleans-Braganza, Prince Imperial of Brazil and Prince Antonio of Orleans-Braganza assist him.

Let us all offer prayers for Dom Luiz, for the Princes who are called to succeed him and for the Brazilian Imperial Family.

Imperial Family representation activities are temporarily suspended.

Source:

Hopefully he can draw strength and comfort from having his family surrounding him and being in the thoughts of many.

Prince Dom Bertrand, who succeeds his brother, Prince Dom Luiz, as Head of the Imperial House of Brazil, has already reacted:
"I ask you all to pray for the eternal rest of my brother Prince Dom Luiz of Orleans and Bragança."
Source:
Members of the Imperial Family of Brazil have been united in Brazil, because of Prince Dom Luiz.
Among the members of the Imperial Family are Prince Dom António and some nephews.

RIP

„Statement regarding the Funerals of His Imperial and Royal Highness Prince Dom Luiz de Orleans and Bragança, Head of the Imperial House of Brazil. [/B]

According to the statement, the funeral ceremonies will take place on the 16th and 17th of July, at the Social Headquarters of the Plínio Corrêa de Oliveiro Institute, in São Paulo.
Access to the public will be allowed on site from 14:00 to 20:00.

On the 18th of July, Monday, the wake will be held in the Paróquia Santa Teresinha, from 10:00 am, where the funeral mass will also be held at 1:00 pm.

After the mass, the funeral procession will take place until the Consolação Cemetery, where the burial will take place“

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgDERIKuwtp/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

R.I.P. and my condolences to his family.

Reaction of the Count of Paris to the death of Prince Dom Luiz.
"I learned with emotion of the disappearance of my cousin Dom Luiz from Orléans-Braganza, which occurred yesterday in São Paulo following a long illness.

Madame la Comtesse de Paris joins me in conveying our most sincere condolences to her family, in particular to her brother Dom Bertrand who succeeds her at the head of the Imperial House of Brazil."
https://www.instagram.com/p/CgE2aHDsOcJ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Back
Top Bottom