Brazilian Imperial Palaces, residences etc

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's such a tragedy. Most of the collections seems to be lost and according to what I've read the building itself is reduced to a shell that is at the risk of crumbling.
It seems there was no fire protection measures to speak off and the big question is if Brazil has the funds to restore the palace.

That sure is the big question!

Because the museum had recently been allocated funds (don't know how much, or if it was remotely adequate) some of which was to go to fire prevention.
Alas, too late.

There will no doubt be political repercussions, but that's a little comfort, because even though the palace can be rebuild, the destroyed artifacts can't.

The destruction of a national museum in any country would be catastrophic. And if the national museum has been negleted to such an extent, are there any other museums that can provide a sufficient "historical back-up" in regards to some of the artifacts lost?

What terrible news and shocking that so much was lost in the fire.

An APPALLING and irreparable loss to the World, and especially to the people of Brazil..
An awful blow to the national psyche that will hit HARD...and the recriminations over who was responsible for the neglect of these treasures will not help an already fragile polity..

Here's a news report from the fire,people are visibly upset 200 years of history gone.

The Superior Court of Justice of Brazil (STJ) decided Thursday that the Guanabara Palace in Rio de Janeiro is owned by the State and not by the imperial family, contrary to its Imperial Family who have been trying to recover it in the oldest lawsuit in 123 years

https://t.co/RjT1j6hKu7

What are the current properties of the Imperial Family? I think the Imperial Family has some properties in Petrópolis.

A modern Brazil palace recreated in computer graphics. This reminds me recently King Felipe of Spain authorized the scan into CG of every detail, room by room, of the Royal Palace in Madrid.

Modeling Oscar Niemeyer's Itamaraty Palace

What are the current properties of the Imperial Family? I think the Imperial Family has some properties in Petrópolis.

Most of the Family estate belongs to the senior branch of the dynasty, which is the Petrópolis branch. The junior Vassouras branch, which now claims the headship of the Imperial House, is comparatively asset poor.

Back
Top Bottom