Imperial House of Habsburg 2: June 2007-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The matter is that if they abolished the Habsburg law, then the Austrian government would have to give them back an asset valued someting like 220 million Euro in castles, palaces, lands and woods expropriated in 1919.
I agree that it is time to abolish that law, but personally I don't think the Austrian parliament and government will do in short times, also considering that in recent years, when Archduke Felix and Archduke Carl Ludwig asked for the restitution of the expropriated asset, public opinion didn't react well to their requests.

You're exactly right MAfan. The public wouldn't be happy to have the government pay restitution in good times, but now, the request by the Habsburg's would not even be taken seriously or discussed. I think the Habsburg Law should be abolished, but the Government isn't going to let it happen because of the resulting consequences.

Archduchess Ilona of Austria (ex wife of the late Duke George of Mecklenburg-Strelitz) died on 12 Januari 2011 in Bad Krozingen, Germany.

Will any member of the Habsburg Family take part at the wedding of Prince William next week?

What is the support for restoration like in Austria? Would there be a majority in case of a referendum?

Will any member of the Habsburg Family take part at the wedding of Prince William next week?

The Margravine of Baden, née Archduchess Valerie of Austria-Tuscany, attended the marriage together with her husband, Margrave Max (himself a nephew of the Duke of Edinburgh).

does anyone know how to become a member or contact the house of habsburg?

does anyone know how to become a member or contact the house of habsburg?

Otto von Habsburg can be reached by phone at Pöcking/Starnberg, Germany. He's in the phone book.

i did see that...
what about the von Neippergs? Archduchess of Austria know any contact info on them?

i did see that...
what about the von Neippergs? Archduchess of Austria know any contact info on them?

The von Neippergs have a website about their wines:

Vignobles von Neipperg - Saint milion - Ctes de Castillon - Pessac Lognan - Sauternes - Puisseguin Saint milion

Perhaps you can take it from there?

(I'm sorry I can't give out any further details but I don't have any permission to do so. )

Which Archduchess of Austria do you wish to contact? There are plenty of them and they live all over Europe, I believe.....

I don't know if there are any Habsburgs in this forum but I do know that some belong/ed to my other forum.....

I believe Archduke Geza, from time to time, entertains requests from writers/historians. At least from a couple or so years ago.

Last edited:
HI&RH Archduke Stephan of Austria, Prince of Hungary and Bohemia, died at Tutzing on 24 October 2011, aged 77.

He was born in Budapest on 1 July 1934, the fifth child of Archduke Josef Franz and Archduchess Anna, née Princess of Saxony.
He was married (morganatically) since 1971 to Maria Anderl, and they had two children together, Leonhardt and Christina.
He is survived by his wife, their children and their families, his siblings Archdukes Joseph, Kinga, Geza and Michael.

Austria

A mass was held for the late AD Otto this week in the Kapuzinerkirche because of the first anniversairy of his death. Several members of the family as well as some traditional monarchist groups were there.

Karen ruth elaine thompson

I recently came across a Karen von Habsburg-Lothringen from the UK. I checked the Gotha and other reliable source, but could not find who she is. After googleing a bit, I found out her name is/was KAREN RUTH ELAINE THOMPSON from Windlesham, Surrey, UK. Could it be she married a Habsburg, but whom? Any idea?

Karen Ruth Elaine Von Habsburg-Lothringen - free company director check. Companies House Information
KAREN RUTH ELAINE THOMPSON - GU20 6LE
Karen Ruth Elaine Thompson Lavershot Hall Management Ltd.: Executive Profile

From Countess von Neipperg to Princess von Lobkowicz

For Prince Johannes of Lobkowicz (b.1954) & his wife Johanna, nee Countess of Castell-Castell (b.1952) this year will be a doubly happy year;
whereas for
Archduchess Andrea of Austria (b.1953) & her husband, Hereditary Count Karl Eugen von Neipperg (b.1951) it will be a triply happy
Giving that their children:

Prince Wenzel of Lobkowicz (b.4 December 1986)
&
Countess Katharina of Neipperg (b.3 April 1986)

were married civilly in Schwaigern (Germany) on 30 August and religiously in Drahenice (Czech Republic) on 1 September!

Sources: Neipperg
Lobkowicz
Descendants of Archduke Franz Karl of Austria
Descendants of Duke Wilhelm of Nassau

Older sister of Wenzel, Sophie (b.1980) as well as two older siblings of Katharina, Hemma (b.1983) and Dominik (b.1981) also got married this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
And both Wenzel of Lobkowicz and Maria Anna of Salm-Salm are grandchildren of the Fürst and Fürstin zu Castell-Castell who saw the marriages of 4 of their grandchildren this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, those of Maria-Anna, Cecily, Sophie and Wenzel; however, I don't know if they were present at these weddings (if at all they were on any - they are already very old)

And Maria-Anna is Wenzel's maternal first cousin, so her husband became now Wenzel's brother-in-law!

Also among the great-grandchildren of Emperor Karl I and Empress Zita this is a year full of weddings:
Dominik, Hemma and Katharina von Neipperg
Mark Teran d'Antin
Imre and Christoph of Austria - six in total!

According to gazeta.pl archiduchess Maria Cristine (daughter of archiduke Carl Olbracht) has passed away. Arcyksi

I was wondering why the Habsburg family uses the tiara's from the Luxemburg family.
Where are their own jewels? Surely as such an important family, they must have (had) tiara's etc of their own.

I was wondering why the Habsburg family uses the tiara's from the Luxemburg family.
Where are their own jewels? Surely as such an important family, they must have (had) tiara's etc of their own.
There are notz many tiara in the Habsburg Family frome earlier tomes. Probalby most of them have been sold. There where also sold some pieces in the early 1920's which where not to sold. For example thedescendants of Archduke Robert (including Princess AStid of Belgium) have 2 tiaras which belong to Archduchess Margherita and came from the Saqvoy Family. BNut there is a tiara in this branch of the Family. It was worn by the grrom's aunts Alexandra and Constanza on her Wedding Day's and also by the bride of hisn cosuin Carl Christian. It may come frome the de Ligne Family.
Also in the Main brach (the descendatns of Archduke Otto) there are only 2 tiara. A diamond and pearl bandeau which belonged to Empress Zita and Archduchess Francesca has an diamond and merald wreath tiara. This ne had originally belonged to Empress Auguste Viktoria and was later sold (as far as i remember by the Hannovers). Archduchess Regina also had the big diamond tiara which was a Wedding gift tom the future Empress Zitra by Emperor Franz Joseph. I. Regina wore it at her Wedding Day and once later at the Wedding of Archduke Robert. It hasn't been seen since then and is most likely not in the Family anymore. Archduchess Regina has given parts of her Wedding Jewels to the Muttergottesstatue at Mariazell so perhaps it was among them.

Back
Top Bottom