Imperial House of Habsburg 2: June 2007-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:
Since this "Alexander, Prince of Rhodes" is a nonsense he has no place in the Royal Family of Greece forum.
The Counts of Kyburg however do exist and so the posts were moved to this thread.

hello warren,
thank you for your explanation, but i think i have mentioned within my posts, more greek royals than austrian royals, it was only by chance it lead to the habsburg / kyburg connection, but still, i am in agreememt with the move, well done. also is there any guide lines i should follow when submitting a thread to any one forum, to avoid repeating a similar error. i say this as this was i my first post within the forums and i am not too sure of the do's and don'ts as yet !!
cheers jonny.

There was no error, except in the deliberately corrupted Wiki entry.
Posts will be moved to the appropriate thread if need be depending on their content.

Georg of Habsburg, Member of European Parliament (MEP) candidate
of the junior opposition conservative party, Hungarian Democratic
Forum (MDF) and his wife Eilika caste their vote during the European
Parliament elections in Soskut some 30 kms south of Budapest, Hungary,
June 7, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

As his brother Karl will be the Habsburg's heir after his father death, Georg will is to be known in Hungary where he lives. I noticed Georg of Habsburg, member... .

So, also Georg if a member of the European Parliament? I didn't know it, I knew that only Otto and Karl have been MEP...

Georg was just a candidate to yesterday elections; the budapest times reports: "The conservative Hungarian Democratic Forum (MDF) also confounded opinion pollsters by scraping through with 5.3 per cent of the national vote to win the former finance minister Lajos Bokros a seat in the European Parliament." So it seems that he wasn't elected. Were Karl or some other sibling running too?

Archduke Martin and his wife Archduchess Katharina of Austria Este had their first daughter and third child Helene on July 13th 2009
A sister for Bartholomäus and Emmanuel.
Source: Chantal de Badts on Royauté 2

That's the reason why Archiduke Martin was alone at the Duke de Vendome's wedding. Congratulations to the Habsbourg-Este family

Would someone tell me what's up with Count Ferdinand von Habsburg and his countess? From what I understand, they're supposed to have been married 10 years ago this month, and I was just wondering if anything has been about a celebration or other event marking the occasion or are they even still together? Also, if anyone has any access to any recent photos I wish you'd post them.

Archduke Ferdinand and Katharina (Tita) Grafin von Hardenberg were married on May 22, 1999.
They are still together and parents to 3 children: Jakob-Maximilian (born 2002), Paulina (born 2004) and Lara Sophie (born 2007).

You can find information and pictures from their wedding in this thread.

I doubt there will be any celebrations of the anniversary but private family ones. :)

Does anybody have pictures of the Archdukes Felix and Rudolph von Habsburg?

Can somebody perhaps post photos of Otto von Habsburg's brothers Felix and Rudolph? It seems that they are not that popular, and it's hard to track down any pictures of them.
Thanks in advance already!

In which way is she linked to Georgia?

in the adove link it does state that she is a citizen of georgia and that "the archduchess has been a professor at the academy of the arts in tbilisi georgia" since 2001 !!

Yes, I meant politically linked; I've expressed badly (the hurry!).

I explain: she is German, she has always been living in Germany, she got a Phylosophy degree, she was married to a German attorney, she is an artist; in a very "political family", as Archduke Otto once called his family, she is one of the members who didn't engage in a political career.
Ok, she is teaching in the Academy of the Arts in Tbilisi, but why to appoint her as Ambassador?

Said that, I have to clarify that I have nothing against the Archduchess, at all.

somewhat puzzled !!

thanks buddy !!
i fear am somewhat puzzled !!
have you not submitted a detailed blog.....concerning this subject !!
strange indeed ...:whistling:
sorry mate.....:flowers:

I feel like I am certainly missing something.

Jonnydep, what is your meaning? Do you know something that perhaps the rest of us don't? Has MAfan authored something on this subject? Sorry to request such explicit, concrete answers, but I am mystified! :flowers:

I like the Archduchess but I agree on asking why appoint her ambassador. What are her qualifications for this position?

Clay I believe Johnny is referring to the TRF blog that was written by MAfan on this matter.

to my understanding.....on the whole amdassadors are non political, representives of their countries.....etc

as the archduchess has a high profile in georgia and elsewhere in europe, i can understand as to why the archduchess has been appointed to be a ambassador.

as for my friend mafan...i can not undersatand his logic..... why post a question (on the very same day) when he submitts a blog on the sudject, where by his question is more or less answered within his blog !!

sorry mafan.....no offence meant buddy !! .....but i am somewhat puzzled here !! :flowers:

I have to ask you to forgive me; that's what has happened:
I've posted the question; then I've done some researches in all the websites of the Georgian Parliament, Foreign Affairs ministry and Presidency, and inb the site of some georgian newspaper; from them, I got the answer to my question;
I've quickly written the blog entry, and went to sleep...forgetting my question!

So, please excuse me.

Btw, the answer to my question is that she is well known in Georgia, both as artist and as a "great friend of Georgia"; this is the reason of her appointment.
But I still wonder: doesn't an Ambassador have to have some political links or knowledges? As far as I know, this task is somehow a political one...

I remember a year or two ago there was some information that Charles Aznavour (the famous French singer and songwriter) was appointed Ambassador of Armenia to Switzerland. I guess it's a bit different because Aznavour is ethnically Armenian, but he's spent his entire life in France and is a French citizen, not to mention living symbol of French chanson.
He doesn’t have a lot of political qualifications as well (apart from ceremonial role of French Ambassador-at-large to Armenia), so I guess it’s a question of publicity and ‘friendship’ as well.

Last edited:
Yes, it seems to be the only reason...

Btw, in my previous post I've done a little mistake, Gabriela never graduated in Philosophy, she has only studied in for two years in Munich from 1976 to 1978.

I have to ask you to forgive me; that's what has happened:
I've posted the question; then I've done some researches in all the websites of the Georgian Parliament, Foreign Affairs ministry and Presidency, and inb the site of some georgian newspaper; from them, I got the answer to my question;
I've quickly written the blog entry, and went to sleep...forgetting my question!

So, please excuse me.

Btw, the answer to my question is that she is well known in Georgia, both as artist and as a "great friend of Georgia"; this is the reason of her appointment.
But I still wonder: doesn't an Ambassador have to have some political links or knowledges? As far as I know, this task is somehow a political one...

hi buddy......no worries mate !!
i do understand.....these things can get overlooked when ones busy with other things !!
please accept my apologies mate !! :flowers:

I remember a year or two ago there was some information that Charles Aznavour (the famous French singer and songwriter) was appointed Ambassador of Armenia to Switzerland. I guess it's a bit different because Aznavour is ethnically Armenian, but he's spent his entire life in France and is a French citizen, not to mention living symbol of French chanson.
He doesn’t have a lot of political qualifications as well (apart from ceremonial role of French Ambassador-at-large to Armenia), so I guess it’s a question of publicity and ‘friendship’ as well.

well put marsel.....another example is the late princess of wales...... before her untimely death, was not she considered to become a roving ambassador for great britain and she herself did not have any political qualifications what so ever......:whistling:

It's not exactly the same, IMO. The Princess of Wales had an official role as a member of the British Royal Family. In that sense, most members of reigning families (the Crown Princes & Princesses of Denmark, the Netherlands, Spain, Norway, etc.) serve as roving ambassadors, despite any political or diplomatic qualifications, because they fulfill an official role in a constitutional monarchy. In my view, that is different from some of these recent "appointments," which are indeed a bit puzzling. I agree with Marsel (#114) that "friendship" and "publicity" must be the reasons.

:previous: many thanks !! as this is off topic i will be brief... i fully understand and agree with you, in what you have said adove.....but
to my understanding, the late princess of wales was divorced and not a member of the british royal family when she was considered to a roving ambassador for great britain !!.....:flowers:

I thought you might say that... ;)

Of course you are right with regard to the last few years, but I believe that she was a roving ambassador long before her divorce. By the time that it took place, she had become almost a symbol of Britain, so it was natural for her to use her notoriety to further the interests of the nation.

But I think that we essentially agree, and we'd better stop anyway... we are indeed off topic! :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom