Double-engagement in the House of Habsburg: Christoph & Adelaide; Imre & Kathleen

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Afaik, there is no need for the bride to be catholic. It's fine as long as she's a christian. One recent example is Archduchess Eilika, a born Princess of Oldenburg and a protestant.

Afaik, there is no need for the bride to be catholic. It's fine as long as she's a christian. One recent example is Archduchess Eilika, a born Princess of Oldenburg and a protestant.

I'm sorry, I read in had book they had to, but you're probably right because Eilika is an archduchess :)

Do you think that Kathleen and Adelaide will borrow tiaras for their weddings? Their sister-in-law AD Marie Christine wore the small floral diamond tiara of Grand Duchess Maria Theresa.

Thwere also is a tiara in that line of the habsburgs which was worn by Imre and Christophes aunts Archduchesses Alexandra and Constanza at their Wedding days and also by Estelle de Saint-Romain the wife of their cousin Carl Christian. so it also could be that they wear this tiara.

mre is not in line for the Luxemburg trone, neither that of the Habsburg, so let's them live their life, who cares?

Imre is in line to the headship of the House of Habsburg. But only on a distant place as his grandfather was the 4th son of the later Emperor Karl I. and his fathers older brother has 6 sons.

More precisely he is the 24th in the line of succession to the Headship of the former Imperial House (and Christoph is the 25th).

Does anyone know the time of the wedding on Saturday? I live 30 minutes from DC and I was thinking about popping over to the church to see if I see anyone? Depending on their schedule and mine of course.

Does anyone know the time of the wedding on Saturday? I live 30 minutes from DC and I was thinking about popping over to the church to see if I see anyone? Depending on their schedule and mine of course.

Apparently the reception is at 1pm at the Regis Hotel. So they Wedding will probably at 10 or 10:30.

Thwere also is a tiara in that line of the habsburgs which was worn by Imre and Christophes aunts Archduchesses Alexandra and Constanza at their Wedding days and also by Estelle de Saint-Romain the wife of their cousin Carl Christian. so it also could be that they wear this tiara.
Yes, that is another possibility. Do you know more about the origin of this tiara? I must admit that the design is not my favourite.

Yes, that is another possibility. Do you know more about the origin of this tiara? I must admit that the design is not my favourite.
No Idea. Perhaps a de Ligne inheritance. But AD Yolanda wore another tiara on her Wedding day.

I think European people just tend to be discreet about their positions. Americans are not, that's why you just know about Katies positions.

Um, no. Believe me, I understand the reputation that Americans have in Europe as loud mouths. Also, much of American television caters to the lowest common denominator and to the worst instincts in people - so that, if you happen to see broadcasts of American programs in Europe, you may get the impression that all Americans are this way. For the record, there are plenty of Americans who, by temperament and/or education, are discreet about their opinions and don't feel the need either to vent them in public or to cast harsh judgment on those who think differently. Kathleen Walker is apparently not one of them.

Last edited:
Recent off-topic posts have been removed.
Discussion of the Archduchess-to-be's views previously led to an influx of new members who registered with the sole purpose of taking sides in the moral and religious debate in this thread.
This won't be happening again.

Warren
Admin

I wonder which members of the Luxembourg Royal Family will attend this wedding. It looks like Grand Duke Henri, Prince Louis, and Princess Tessy won't attend since they will be at the Paraolympic closing ceremony on Sunday.

Maybe Alexandra, and hopefully MT. I would imagine that Guillaume would most likely stay home to be with Stephanie.

Good thing the wedding is scheduled for early afternoon. We are expecting very heavy rains, winds, and lightening in the late after noon and early evening along the mid-Atlantic region.

Maybe Alexandra, and hopefully MT. I would imagine that Guillaume would most likely stay home to be with Stephanie.

I believe that both Princess Alexandra and Prince Sebastian are students at Franciscan University in Steubenville, Ohio. If so, I imagine it's likely that they will both attend the wedding of their cousin in Washington.

Last edited:
Is it announced yet if someone of the Belgian Royal familly will attend the wedding?

Last edited by a moderator:
Discussion of Archduke Imre's wedding can be found in the Royal Weddings forum thread.

OMG I had no idea THIS was the girl in question. I remember watching the Kathleen Walker interview in which she was calling for Notre Dame to lose its status as a Catholic university because it had Obama to speak. I never memorized her name; I just remember thinking, "She should really lose the smirk." If what she was proposing came to pass, after all, it would have serious implications for a lot of people.

There are people who seem like they've taken the trouble to understand those who do not share their views, and to regard people of every stripe with compassion. Ms Walker does not seem to be one of them. She is, however, very young, and certain lessons are more likely to come with age (if they do come, that is).

Last edited:
I believe that AD Imre plans to continue his studies and the couple will reside in Belgium.
AFAIK AD Kathleen has not shared her plans for what she will be doing as a newlywed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it announced where Christoph and Adelaide marry?

Archduke Christoph of Austria and Adelaïde Drapé-Frisch will marry at the St Epvre Basilica in Nancy.

I am looking forward to seeing the photos. Hopefully some royals will attend.

Can't wait to see some photos from this wedding.

I hope for them that their wedding will be their personal fairytale wedding!

Back
Top Bottom