Death and Funeral of HI&RH Archduchess Regina, 3 February 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The funeral was very nice, but also very sad.

After Archduke Otto has died, they both will be buried in Vienna in the Kapuzinergruft!

May God bless our Emperor!!!

Greetings from Austria,

Christoph

Hello to everyone. I'm knew to the German-Austrian Royalty thread, but I have always admired Archiduc Otto, he is a very important personnality, and I'm very shocked that he lost his wife, 10 years younger!! I hope his family helps him to support the loss.

About the burial, I do not understand why she does not go directly to the capucinesgruft! Archiduc Otto will be burried there for sure, no?

Many years ago I have followed to the TV the funeral of Empress Zita, it was absolutely impressive, especially the entrance to the Kapuzinen!

May she rest in peace

Archduchess Regina grew up on the fortress Heldburg. She has helped to restore it uver the last couple years. And after a long fight she got the family vault/crypt back.
All her life she told her family about her love for the Heldburg and the region there.
Her parents and her brother are there also.

I think it was a wise decision, to have one big funeral in Vienna and until then, Regina will be united with her family on the fortress, she grew up on and always loved so much.

The family (especially the daughters and grandchildren) is very close to Archduke Otto. The are always at least 2 family members with him.

Fr. Christoph +

Last edited by a moderator:
Does any one know what the address is of Archduke Otto von habsburg's Residence?

Does any one know what the address is of Archduke Otto von habsburg's Residence?

Dr. Otto von Habsburg (SKKH Erzherzog Otto von Habsburg)
Villa Austria

Hindenburgstr. 15
82343 Pöcking
DEUTSCHLAND

In Point de Vue , due to Vincent brilliant thread about the funerals. We see a picture of the so old Archiduke Otto greeting the Priest in the church were the coffin of the late Archiduchess was. It was the day before the funerals and his two sons were with him.

In Point de Vue , due to Vincent brilliant thread about the funerals. We see a picture of the so old Archiduke Otto greeting the Priest in the church were the coffin of the late Archiduchess was. It was the day before the funerals and his two sons were with him.

Dear Marie-Olivia,
could you please give me a link to that picture. I saw it ones among some news articles, but forgot to save it and now I cannot find it anywhere on the internet.

I think it was the private requiem in that small church (St. Ulrich) where Archduchess Regina also laid in State. There was a private requiem for the closest family members und people who worked at the house in Pöcking (Villa Austria, or "Pcökingham Palace...).

A priest-friend of mine was at that requiem and also at the Heldburg.

Greetings,

Fr. Christoph +

Dear Christoph, I bought Point de Vue of this week but may not scan.. Perhaps another french speaking member of the RF or even Vincent may give you a link to that wonderful picture . Kind regards Maria- Olivia

Back
Top Bottom