Archduke Otto (1912-2011) Head of the Imperial House & Archduchess Regina (1925-2010)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with you, in toto. That's a pity that the biggest part of the politician (at least of italian politician) don't have learnt anithing from him. Altough I think that an Emperor or a King or a Prince can't be a politician, because a Prince has to be impartial, a politician not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably why there are not many of the nobility running for political office in Germany either (?)...:unsure:

Probably why there are not many of the nobility running for political office in Germany either (?)...:unsure:

Some do, but mostly on local boards and organisations. Probably they don't want to get involved in political disagreements.

Some do, but mostly on local boards and organisations. Probably they don't want to get involved in political disagreements.

Yes, that appears to be the norm. Thank you Jo of Palatine!:huh:

My best wishes to His Imperial and Royal Majesty, the Emperor, Archduke Dr. Otto of Austria, Royal Prince of Hungary and Bohemia, for His Birthday.

Gott erhalte den Kaiser.

I find it interesting that none of Archduke Otto's family have the famous "Habsburg lip" or any striking Habsburg features...

I mean, apart from the well known generations of uncle-niece/first cousin marriages during 16th-17thC., I believe that even in recent times (1800s) most Habsburg marriages have been between cousins....so I had always assumed that he, at least, would have a typical Habsburg look, even if his children and grandchildren have injected some new genes by marrying outside of the family.

His three children are...hmm, not at all good looking.:nonono:
But his two granddaughters are certainly very very good looking.
I wonder if they will make royal or noble marriages?
Their good looks would definitely be welcome in quite a number of royal families who need to upgrade on their image :lol:

Archduke Otto has 7 children, not 3: Andrea, Monika, Michaela, Gabriela, Walburga, Karl II and Georg...
And which granddaughters of the 9 are you talking about??
Archduke Georg made a royal marriage, to Duchess Eilika of Oldenburg, and Andrea's firstborn son Philipp married in April his distant cousin Paula Wolff...we will see theyr children...

The two granddaughters shown in pictures above, the Countesses Hemma and Katharina von Neipperg. Very beautiful, but not in a "common" way: very royal, dignified, elegant.

How closely related are Philip von Neipperg and Paula Woloff?
And do such marriages require Dr. Otto's permission? Both as head of the house and Emperor de jure?

Philipp and Paula are not very close related; her mother, Ladislaja, born Grafin von Meran, is a descendant of Archduke Johann Baptist Joseph, younger brother of Emperor Franz II...
Otto has to give his permission ony for the marriages of Habsburgs, so Georg and Eilika needed this permission, but Philipp and Paula not, because He is a member of Neipperg Family, altough his mother was born Archduchess of Austria, and the Meran branch of the Imperial Family is not a dynastic branch...

I'm sorry for my terrible gaffe: since Otto has abdicated to His Son Karl in January 2007, all Habsburgs have to require Karl's permission to marry, not Otto's one.

My wishes to HI&RH Archduchess Regina of Austria for Her 84 Birthday.

Does anyone have any photographs of The Crown Princess of Austria, Hungary, Croatia and Bohemia? I've never seen any photograph of Her Imperial and Royal Highness, so I'm curious.

Here is a brief summary of one of the articles:

Michaela von Habsburg, Archduke Otto's daughter, told the press that the 96 year old Royal was at home, when he suffered a hard fall and injured his head. Archduke Otto sustained a serious head injury and was immediately transferred to hospital.
His condition is much better now; he is fully conscious, responsive and takes meals.

I'm very sorry for him, I hope he will soon recover. He's one of my favourites...

I can't add much more than my hopes for (speedy) recovery. Is the Archduke still active inpolitics btw (should be an age record if he is).

Marengo said:
I can't add much more than my hopes for (speedy) recovery. Is the Archduke still active inpolitics btw (should be an age record if he is).

I don't think he is actively involved in politics any longer, however he does give speeches and address his concerns. The most recent speech of his I remember was from 2008.

I also hope he will recover quickly, if he is of the House of Austria, for me he is first of all Duke of Lorraine.

:previous:
In one of the early reports about the Archduke’s condition, it was stated that he is expected to be discharged from the hospital in the beginning of July. Unless changes were made to this plan, the Archduke will be home in the next few days.
This is probably one of those cases when no news is good news; if there are no further reports of his condition, it will probably mean that everything went along the plan and he is back home.

Thanks, Marsel; I guess you're right, no news is good news...

Hello
I just saw this sad event. Any news about his health?? Archidic Otto is a wonderful personnality, very clever and deeply cultivated.

Thanks

:previous:

Luckily, the fall doesn't appear to have caused any lasting damage to the Archduke. He was supposed to be discharged from the hospital in the beginning of July: since we received no news on the contrary, it is reasonable to assume he has been at home for nearly two months now.

The Archduke's health is not mentioned in a recent interview given by his youngest daughter, which I believe is a good sign.

Thanks a lot. I know that his age is advanced, but he is so respectable.

:imperialaustria:
HI&RH Archduke Otto will celebrate his 97th birthday tomorrow november 20th.Extraordinary man.God Bless him.

Tu Felice Austria..

Archduke Otto was received by the pope, from the Austrian Times:

Otto Habsburg gets Papal audience

By Thomas Hochwarter

The son of Austria’s last Emperor was granted an audience by the Pope yesterday (Mon).

Otto Habsburg-Lothringen – son of Emperor Karl I – met with Pope Benedict XVI in the Vatican. Details of the audience have not been revealed.

Read more here.

That's a good news, the last news I got about Him were about His fall last June; if He has gone from Bayern to Rome, I guess He is in good health.

By the way!!, I think I saw Archduke Otto on television receiving Holy Communion from the Pope at the Easter mass this morning, was it him can some one confirm, there was this man walking very poorly and then he was helped back to his place, I think it looked like Otto from the back, was it him? Long live the Habsburgs!

Back
Top Bottom