The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-11-2021, 03:41 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Isn't he just 'Karl (von) Habsburg' in Austria? Of all his relatives he is the one I tend to see the least in combination with the title 'Archduke'.

It seems that he was called by his biographer and said a few phrases. Since many of us have been voicing opinions about the matter for days I don't think we should blame Karl for having an opinion too.

The original article: https://www.krone.at/2360968

Old 03-11-2021, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Isn't he just 'Karl (von) Habsburg' in Austria? Of all his relatives he is the one I tend to see the least in combination with the title 'Archduke'.

Yes he is only Karl Habsbrug as the von is not allowed in Austria. I remember at funeral of the late AD Otto the commentors in the Studio said that they are not allowed to say Otto von Habsburg diseate that this was the name in his german Passport in Austria however he was only Otto Habsburg.

Old 03-11-2021, 04:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post

It seems that he was called by his biographer and said a few phrases. Since many of us have been voicing opinions about the matter for days I don't think we should blame Karl for having an opinion too.

The original article: https://www.krone.at/2360968
He's entitled to his opinion.. like any public or private person. I dont really think that its a good idea to cling to royal status when ones' country has siad "we dont want a royal family".. but if he does do good work as a fomer member of the RF its acceptable...
Old 04-04-2021, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Ferdinand Habsburg is spending Easter in the archipelago of the Azores, Portugal.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNP8okBh...d=m1m9wlhashp6
Old 04-04-2021, 01:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Yes he is only Karl Habsbrug as the von is not allowed in Austria. I remember at funeral of the late AD Otto the commentors in the Studio said that they are not allowed to say Otto von Habsburg diseate that this was the name in his german Passport in Austria however he was only Otto Habsburg.

Does he call himself Karl Habsburg or Karl Habsburg-Lothringen?

Although Francis I, Holy Roman Emperor (patrilineal ancestor of Karl Habsburg) was also a descendant of Maximilian I, his descent was, I believe, only in maternal line, so I don't think he carried the name "Habsburg":

Maximilian I , Holy Roman Emperor> Philip I of Castile > Ferdinand I, Holy Roman Emperor > Charles II, Archduke of Austria > Ferdinand II, Holy Roman Emperor > Ferdinand III , Holy Roman Emperor> Archduchess Eleanor of Austria > Leopold, Duke of Lorraine>Francis I, Holy Roman Emperor.
Old 04-12-2021, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Archduchess Francesca presented the "Tesoros de la Colección de la Familia Thyssen-Bornemisza" (Treasures of the Thyssen-Bornemisza Family Collection) exhibition at the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum in Madrid today, April 12:

** rex gallery **
Old 04-12-2021, 04:46 PM
Majesty

I don't see Tita Cervera the Baron's last wife ?
Old 04-12-2021, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Didn't the couple divorce a few years back?
Old 04-12-2021, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Didn't the couple divorce a few years back?
Yes, I think they are already divorced. I think Archduke Karl confirmed it in an interview.
Old 04-13-2021, 05:27 AM
Majesty

I spoke about Tita the Widow and the last wife of Baron Thyssen who was involved in this Museum too.
Old 04-13-2021, 06:30 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post

Although Francis I, Holy Roman Emperor (patrilineal ancestor of Karl Habsburg) was also a descendant of Maximilian I, his descent was, I believe, only in maternal line, so I don't think he carried the name "Habsburg":
I think the name of the dynasty officially became Habsburg-Lorraine/Lothringen after the marriage of Maria Theresa and Francis, but no-one ever seems to use it.
Old 04-14-2021, 02:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Archduchess Francesca writes an Instagram post about her father's 100th birthday.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNnJ4aJF...=1e51grzpkdxb2
Old 04-15-2021, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Ferdinand Habsburg shared new photos on Instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNrjWz8h...=1fe2htdwi7y0i
Old 04-15-2021, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
I think the name of the dynasty officially became Habsburg-Lorraine/Lothringen after the marriage of Maria Theresa and Francis, but no-one ever seems to use it.
I believe the name of the dynasty was officially the House of Austria, and members of the house or their illegitimate children used "of Austria" as a surname when one was needed.
Old Today, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post

Maximilian I , Holy Roman Emperor> Philip I of Castile > Ferdinand I, Holy Roman Emperor > Charles II, Archduke of Austria > Ferdinand II, Holy Roman Emperor > Ferdinand III , Holy Roman Emperor> Archduchess Eleanor of Austria > Leopold, Duke of Lorraine>Francis I, Holy Roman Emperor.

IIRC, the late Archduke Otto was officially "Otto Habsburg-Lothringen" in his Austrian documents, while in German documents he went by the name "Otto von Habsburg".
I'm not sure, but I suppose the same goes for his children.

Tags
archduchess eleonore, archduchess francesca, archduchess gloria, archduke ferdinand zvonimir, archduke karl, habsburg