Archduke Karl, Head of the Imperial House and Family 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't he just 'Karl (von) Habsburg' in Austria? Of all his relatives he is the one I tend to see the least in combination with the title 'Archduke'.

It seems that he was called by his biographer and said a few phrases. Since many of us have been voicing opinions about the matter for days I don't think we should blame Karl for having an opinion too.

The original article: https://www.krone.at/2360968

Isn't he just 'Karl (von) Habsburg' in Austria? Of all his relatives he is the one I tend to see the least in combination with the title 'Archduke'.

Yes he is only Karl Habsbrug as the von is not allowed in Austria. I remember at funeral of the late AD Otto the commentors in the Studio said that they are not allowed to say Otto von Habsburg diseate that this was the name in his german Passport in Austria however he was only Otto Habsburg.

It seems that he was called by his biographer and said a few phrases. Since many of us have been voicing opinions about the matter for days I don't think we should blame Karl for having an opinion too.

The original article: https://www.krone.at/2360968

He's entitled to his opinion.. like any public or private person. I dont really think that its a good idea to cling to royal status when ones' country has siad "we dont want a royal family".. but if he does do good work as a fomer member of the RF its acceptable...

Yes he is only Karl Habsbrug as the von is not allowed in Austria. I remember at funeral of the late AD Otto the commentors in the Studio said that they are not allowed to say Otto von Habsburg diseate that this was the name in his german Passport in Austria however he was only Otto Habsburg.

Does he call himself Karl Habsburg or Karl Habsburg-Lothringen?

Although Francis I, Holy Roman Emperor (patrilineal ancestor of Karl Habsburg) was also a descendant of Maximilian I, his descent was, I believe, only in maternal line, so I don't think he carried the name "Habsburg":

Maximilian I , Holy Roman Emperor> Philip I of Castile > Ferdinand I, Holy Roman Emperor > Charles II, Archduke of Austria > Ferdinand II, Holy Roman Emperor > Ferdinand III , Holy Roman Emperor> Archduchess Eleanor of Austria > Leopold, Duke of Lorraine>Francis I, Holy Roman Emperor.

Last edited:
Archduchess Francesca presented the "Tesoros de la Colección de la Familia Thyssen-Bornemisza" (Treasures of the Thyssen-Bornemisza Family Collection) exhibition at the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum in Madrid today, April 12:

** rex gallery **

Didn't the couple divorce a few years back?

I spoke about Tita the Widow and the last wife of Baron Thyssen who was involved in this Museum too.

Although Francis I, Holy Roman Emperor (patrilineal ancestor of Karl Habsburg) was also a descendant of Maximilian I, his descent was, I believe, only in maternal line, so I don't think he carried the name "Habsburg":

I think the name of the dynasty officially became Habsburg-Lorraine/Lothringen after the marriage of Maria Theresa and Francis, but no-one ever seems to use it.

I think the name of the dynasty officially became Habsburg-Lorraine/Lothringen after the marriage of Maria Theresa and Francis, but no-one ever seems to use it.

I believe the name of the dynasty was officially the House of Austria, and members of the house or their illegitimate children used "of Austria" as a surname when one was needed.

Maximilian I , Holy Roman Emperor> Philip I of Castile > Ferdinand I, Holy Roman Emperor > Charles II, Archduke of Austria > Ferdinand II, Holy Roman Emperor > Ferdinand III , Holy Roman Emperor> Archduchess Eleanor of Austria > Leopold, Duke of Lorraine>Francis I, Holy Roman Emperor.

IIRC, the late Archduke Otto was officially "Otto Habsburg-Lothringen" in his Austrian documents, while in German documents he went by the name "Otto von Habsburg".
I'm not sure, but I suppose the same goes for his children.

I have a hard time understanding why someone would obsess over Eurovision Songs... However, I guess he is not the only one given the huge number of people turning in for the event each year (that at times seems more like a freak contest than a singing competition - but I guess the 'show' part is also one of the reasons why people tune in).

I have a hard time understanding why someone would obsess over Eurovision Songs... However, I guess he is not the only one given the huge number of people turning in for the event each year (that at times seems more like a freak contest than a singing competition - but I guess the 'show' part is also one of the reasons why people tune in).
I can definitely understand why someone obsesses over Eurovision songs since it's such a large part of my own life. I can't wait to go to wherever in Italy the contest will be held next year.

I can definitely understand why someone obsesses over Eurovision songs since it's such a large part of my own life. I can't wait to go to wherever in Italy the contest will be held next year.

Did you attend in previous years as well? What attracts you to it? And how is it a large part of your life? Is there for example also a forum about it on which you discuss it year round with other fans like TRF for all of us?

Genuinely curious as while at times there are some nice songs, I have a hard time understanding the hype about it each year (they are definitely good at marketing, I will say that).

Did you attend in previous years as well? What attracts you to it? And how is it a large part of your life? Is there for example also a forum about it on which you discuss it year round with other fans like TRF for all of us?

Genuinely curious as while at times there are some nice songs, I have a hard time understanding the hype about it each year (they are definitely good at marketing, I will say that).
I've only been to see the contests in 2013 and 2014, but had planned to go to see it last year before the contest got cancelled.
The fan community is huge on all social media platforms and there are numerous podcasts. Being a fan means that you also watch the national pre-selections (San Remo, Destination Eurovision, Festival da Cançao, Melodifestivalen & Melodi Grand Prix are my favourite ones), keep up with the post-contest careers of some artists and in general interact with all the friends that you have within the community.
What draws me to the contest is nostalgia, music, show, glamour, personalities, music, music, music...

:previous: The blue jewels of the St. Wenceslas Crown are very bright. This crown reminds me of the Crown of St. Stephen of Hungary.

Archduchess Francesca attended the opening of the Luma Foundation in Arles, France on June 26:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Ferdinand made the following post on facebook and instagram:

23 amazing boys, 11 inspirational helpers and 10 days of switch off at the Camp Highlander. Thanks to all of them and to Ireland for all the beauty and memories. (No matter how wet and cold, sunny and warm) I’m a better man thanks to these guys.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR_1EmyNUCC/

It was probably some sort of catholic young men's camping trip.

Why do the young men have a cross at Camp Highlander?
The cross is not in the camp, it's a summit cross. Looks like the Croagh Patrick to me. And no surprise that hiking and climbing Ireland's most famous mountain was part of the camp activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom