Archduke Imre & Archduchess Kathleen

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Royal couple of Austria? Can they not get the facts straight at least once??? sigh

Does the Maharaja announce who his house guests are or did somoene else perhaps alert the press?

For a couple who are essentially private citizens, and who most people could not pick out of a line up, an awful lot of honeymoon details seem to make it into the press. I am curious as to who could be giving the press such info and why they would even want to. It seems unlikely that the Archdukes parents would tell the press anything about their sons honeymoon trip to India.

I didn't even think about that. Very, very curious indeed...

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
How did the couple get an invitation from Maharajah of Jaipur? Is there any particular reasons for Archduchess Kathleen to give any interviews? Aren't honeymoons supposed to be a very private thing?

Last edited:
How did the couple get an invitation from Maharajah of Jaipur? Is there any particular reasons for Archduchess Kathleen to give any interviews? Aren't honeymoons supposed to be a very private thing?

She's proven countless times that she is not a particularly private person, as long as it publicises her and thus her views. I must admit I thought her behaviour might change once those vows were said, but apparently she is just as fame-hungry as she was when she met her Archduke. How AD Carl-Christian and Princess Marie-Astrid approved this match I have no idea... :whistling:

At the time of their wedding it was stated that the honeymoon destination was being kept "strictly secret" implying that the newlyweds wished to enjoy their time in utter privacy. Perfectly understandable.

Now we not only know where they are but are receiving regular photos and quotes from the couple to assure "friends and fans" of the new Archduchess that she is still "just Katie"??!

Unbelievable.

Last edited:
So, so tacky. I just- I very rarely take a visceral dislike to people, especially people I've never met but I just really think this girl is a piece of work.

How did the couple get an invitation from Maharajah of Jaipur?

I wondered that too, especially since he is a young boy and he probably had never heard of either of them.
I am wondering if they actually stayed in his palace or just in the part of the palace which is a hotel and maybe based on their "titles" they got invited to the residence for tea or dinner.

Of course now we have to be kept informed that she and her husband are spending time at Mother Theresas house working with the poorest of the poor.
http://royalmusingsblogspotcom

They must be the first couple to either take a publicist on their honeymoon or one of them is sending regular updates to media. Your guess on which one that might be:whistling:

I don't think I would care to meet Mrs Habsburg.

Last edited:
Philippe Junot invited a publicist along on his Tahitian honeymoon with Princess Caroline in 1978. He didn't inform his young bride that they would have a "friend" along with them to photograph the romantic time for posterity until they were already there.

Caroline was terribly disappointed but kept her uneasiness to herself.

Well, we all know how marriage with the opportunist bon-vivant Junot ended less than two years later.

As for Imre and "Mrs Habsburg" (thanks NGalitzine)...either one of them has hired a publicist for their honeymoon, or one of them is simply leaking info the Press to promote themselves as a couple.

This is not a good start, imo.

...Of course now we have to be kept informed that she and her husband are spending time at Mother Theresas house working with the poorest of the poor.
Aaaand of course the original source on this story is a anti-abortion website, and of course the source in India spoke to Katie directly. (Per this site, which also calls Katie a "Pro-Life Princess": LifeSiteNews Mobile | Pro-life princess visits Mother Theresa’s home in India)

This is so gross. So distasteful. It's a very good indication that she intends to use her new family ties to promote her fringe beliefs and just uggggghhhh.

I can't think of any other couple that posed for press pictures and provided quotes throughout their honeymoon.
I have to admit, this is really unfortunate. Especially since there can be no doubt Imre and Kathleen themselves are alerting the media (those who are interested anyway) on their whereabouts.

HRHHermione said:
I can't think of any other couple that posed for press pictures and provided quotes throughout their honeymoon.

Not cool at all! Sorry folks, but I can't help but think that Princess Katie is one manipulative customer. I just can't see her as the daughter-in-law of the ultra discreet Princess Marie-Astrid.

Didn't Victoria and Daniel posed for press pictures also?

Didn't Victoria and Daniel posed for press pictures also?

Victoria and Daniel, who are followed everyday of their lives unlike the unknown Irme and Kathleen, allowed one reputable Swedish paper to ask a few questions and take a few pictures for a few hours so that they may enjoy the rest of their honeymoon in peace and quiet.

They didn't provide photos and quotations at every stop of their honeymoon. Carl-Christian and Marie-Astrid are soon going to learn that they made a huge mistake approving of Irme's marriage with Kathleen...

It's all still new to her but hopefully she will learnas she gains experience. There I have said something positive.:p

There is no Maharajah. The last one, Bhawani Singh, died a few years ago. He had an only child, a daughter, who married a very ordinary commoner. Their child, a boy, was chosen by Bhawani Singh as his successor but since all princely titles were abolished in 1971, there are no maharajas at present in India. The boy is not considered royal at all by most people except those who are very close to the family.

I wondered that too, especially since he is a young boy and he probably had never heard of either of them.
I am wondering if they actually stayed in his palace or just in the part of the palace which is a hotel and maybe based on their "titles" they got invited to the residence for tea or dinner.

Of course now we have to be kept informed that she and her husband are spending time at Mother Theresas house working with the poorest of the poor.

They must be the first couple to either take a publicist on their honeymoon or one of them is sending regular updates to media. Your guess on which one that might be:whistling:

I don't think I would care to meet Mrs Habsburg.

I have a question: Is she prominent face in the States or is she just known in her own circle? Does her publicity bring anything to the table? Or is she preaching to the choir?
Just curious.

Oh my god - that's such a sick discussion !!!

When did they marry ? A month ago ? I think they have had their real quiet peaceful honeymoon ( normal people have mostly just 1-2 weeks !!!!)

And now they travel around the world ( probably a wedding present)
and attended one ( omg might have been even two - didn't count) charity or social work appointment.

I really enjoy that these two young people do social and charity work and don't just think of theirselves like too many young people do today.

It is their choice for what political, religious or social obejects they spend their time on and were are not right to judge their aims or the way they spend their honeymoon or live.

And being honest - they didn't recive THAT much attention, so it's actually not such a big deal !!! They weren't at Hello magazine cover !

AND it is also the couples choice how loud and public they want to live and how emphatic they fight for their aims.

If Marie Christine and houseband like their daughter in law ? No idea - may be they do, may be they don't. It is NOT our family and NOT our problem!

But it's Imres live and, as far as now, she didn't really abouse his name and she didn't really do bad things. She doesn't act like Katie Price - so what's the matter ???

It's their live and they are free to live the way they want. So stop jealuosy and enjoy two young persons who look beyond look beyond the rim of your teacup!

I have a question: Is she prominent face in the States or is she just known in her own circle? Does her publicity bring anything to the table? Or is she preaching to the choir?
Just curious.

This. She was and is a complete unknown in the US.
She needs to stop feeding her publicity hunger and divisive behaviour by using her husband's royal title.

Charlotte_Aster said:
Just curious.

No, she is not a prominent person in the United States. If I did not follow royalty as closely as I do, I would have never even heard of her. That said, I wonder why she seems to get under people's skin the way she does. As far as I can tell she espouses conservative principles such as abstinence and her pro-life stance. Imre had full knowledge of her activities and beliefs well before marriage. I personally believe that if there was more abstinence and fewer abortions our society would be a better place, but I am not naive enough to expect this to actually happen. I wish more young people would speak out for their beliefs the way she has. I hope they have a very happy and successful marriage.

Because her methods include standing in front of clinics and handing out religious literature to women trying to see their doctors- which is insanely and unbelievably rude. Because she's argued that the Inquisition wasn't an atrocity. Because she worked for a group who's job was to lobby for incredibly restrictive legislation.

Her beliefs don't bother me. They're her own. It's her bullying desire to encode those beliefs into laws that effect ALL women that makes me furious.

I very much hope this couple doesn't return to the U.S.

... [snipped]
It's their live and they are free to live the way they want. So stop jealuosy and enjoy two young persons who look beyond look beyond the rim of your teacup!
Is there any particular reason for any TRF member to be jealous of Archduchess Kathleen? Given the articles and photos, TRF members expressed favourable/unfavourable opinions. No better, no worse than they did/do in other threads.

It is their choice for what political, religious or social obejects they spend their time on and were are not right to judge their aims or the way they spend their honeymoon or live.

She doesn't act like Katie Price - so what's the matter ???

So we shouldn't judge anybody but it's ok for you to judge Katie Price? Sounds a bit hypocritical to me.

Discussing our opinions of royalty is kind of the point of this forum. That includes both positive and negative opinions. So far in this thread I have seen people being very restrained in how they express their opinions especially compared with the things I've heard said about this couple in real life.

About Katie:
I didn't and don't judge Katie Price. I just took her as an example of a women, who is often in the media and is not very close to royalty by clothes or language. I could have named a few more women, but I didn't want to spend much time on that due it's not the main tenor of my post. And: no there is also no problem with Katie's clothing or language ... don't want to open a Katie fuzz about it. So let's leave that before this turns into a side show.

About jealousy:
I feel that there is a bigger than normal discussion about them, but I think that there is not that much to discuss - the two are not first row of european royals and rather second row - evens as Habsburgs.
Theres not much substance - just an article - and no big non royal controversy acting happened to my opinion. Too: not much positive was said about her, eventhough she tried to do positive things in this world.
I felt that some people just didn't like the fact that SHE hooked a imperial highness while OTHERS never will do.

About my intention:
Someone started to make a fuzz about nearly nothing in this thread. She is not a crown princess, didn't pressed herself agressivly and repeatedly into media and they keep quite a low profile. So please DO relax and give her time. Stop prejugding her !

Let's look at them for a while and when she goes to a point, where she does aggressive PR and attends very often in the media we can start this discussion again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom