Archduke Imre & Archduchess Kathleen

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I would say zealot in place of idealist.

Reactionary and obscurantist are the right terms, if Kathleen really holds such staunch beliefs. Quite common beliefs among low-borns and social outcasts, which makes me wonder what led her there.
Life itself will test them, of course. Let's see if she will continue having children for as long as she can, given the fact that none of them has an ordinary, well-paid job. Luckily enough, we're in for a long ride with these two! :cheers:

AD Kathleen's family apparently has been involved with pro-life groups for a long time. She's mentioned that her mother was single at the time of her birth. IMO this would have an impact upon her decision to work with this movement.

I do have to wonder why you would consider those who consider themselves to be pro-life as "low born" and "social outcasts?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Noor didn't say that those who are pro-life are "low born" or "social outcasts" but those who hold such staunch reactionary beliefs. Such as believing Notre Dame should be removed from the Official Catholic Directory for inviting President Obama to speak, her stance on the Spanish Inquisition, etc.

We'll have to agree to disagree on our respective interpretations of Noor's statement. If she wishes to clarify her remarks I'm more than willing to read them. :)

Based upon what I know regarding AD Imre's extended family it appears that they may share similar viewpoints in regard to the pro-life movement. The late King Baudouin and GD Henri both refused to sign legislation that went against their personal beliefs on the issues of abortion and euthanasia.

Thank you for sharing the interview with AD Imre. :flowers:

You're welcome! I suppose it a wonderful proof that the Habsburgs are very respectful with the history of their Family.

And not respectful that all humans have equal right and should be able to chose what is best for them.

I'm late on the discovery of these two but what's up with all the obscure, veiled comments that need reinterpreting by other members? I have no solid idea of what Countess is trying to say but given the opinions of other members below, are we attacking Kathleen's and other Catholics condemnation of abortion? If so, this is no place for that. Where are the moderators?

Just sent you a pm on the subject. :) Feel free to send one back to me.

Everyone has a right to their choice. Not to others choices.

I think now that she´s married to Imre (and this is IMO what she really wanted...) she will keep her mouth shut with her pro live opinions. I´m also quite sure that her father-in-law told her to do so because now that she belongs to the Habsburg imperial family she has to behave more descreet.
She looked very nice at the Lux-wedding IMO. Very tasteful in contrast to some other ladies. The length of her skirt f.i. was IMO just perfect.

The Habsburgs are catholics and an authentic catholic will never accept abortion!

:previous:

Perhaps so.
But there is a difference between not accepting something and vocally expressing the opinion that all those who do so are morally bankrupt.

It appears that the only discussion that is possible regarding Imre and Kathleen, have to do with Kathleen's religious beliefs (i.e. pro life) despite the fact that such posts have been deleted in the past.

There is a reason why we don't discuss politics and/or religion here at TRF and some recent posts are a clear examples on this rule exists. I mean, when you have to close a wedding thread (a wedding thread!) because people are more interested in discussing Kathleen's pro life views than I don't know, the actual wedding, well, that really says it all, doesn't it?

As such, I will close this thread until a Non Reigning moderator can review it for a much needed clean up and/or a discussion behind closed doors whether or not a thread is needed since the the couple has a relatively low profile, other than Kathleen's pro life views of course.

Until than, you guys are welcome to debate the pro choice/pro life discussion anyplace but TRF.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom