Archduchess Marie Christine and Count Rodolphe of Limburg-Stirum

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the photos!:flowers:
Archduchess Marie Christine is quite charming. Pregnancy makes her glow.

I always wonder with these non reigning /minor royal families, what do they live on? Are they rich and where do they live. I have repeatedly noticed in these forums, that these kind of families tend to marry more into their own kind than the reigning royalty, its as if to secure their shaky position in society.

Marie Christine's late grandfather, Archduke Carl Ludwig, had his own company working in financial field; I don't have detailed informations about it, but according to some reports I read at the time of his death it was quite a large company.
Also Archduke Carl Christian works in financial field, if I remember correctly.
As for Rodolphe, he works for a bank in Bruxelles.

Yes Marie-Christine definately looks pregnant :)

marie christine's late grandfather, archduke carl ludwig, had his own company working in financial field; i don't have detailed informations about it, but according to some reports i read at the time of his death it was quite a large company.
Also archduke carl christian works in financial field, if i remember correctly.
As for rodolphe, he works for a bank in bruxelles.
tnx for the info, are they wealthy by any means?

Marie Christine's late grandfather, Archduke Carl Ludwig, had his own company working in financial field; I don't have detailed informations about it, but according to some reports I read at the time of his death it was quite a large company.

The company was Genstar and was based in the United States and Canada. It was a large building products and real estate development company with a significant venture capital operation in Silicon Valley. The obituary stated that Carl Ludwig started it from scratch.

The Habsburgs lost everything after World War I. There was an interview with one of the brothers a few years ago. He said that the family decided that Otto would go into politics and and other brothers would go into business in order to support the family. They did and it is my impression that they were very successful.

Old news articles from 1989 said that the Austrian government would permit a state funeral for the Empress as long as the Habsburg family paid all of the bills. It looks very lavish in the videos as were the funerals of Archduke Carl Ludwig and Archduke Rudolph. The wedding of Archduchess Marie-Christine also looked very lavish, but in very good taste, based on all of the pictures that have been posted. The family has to be very wealthy to be able to afford these types of expenditures.

God bless the Archduchess!!!!!!
There was no official confirmation though...

Where is the couple living nowadays? In brussels?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why have they moved there?

Did Rodolphe switch jobs?

The last that I had heard was that he working for a major international bank in Brussels.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he is studying in Argentina, not completely sure

I always thought that they are living in Brussels. I know that Marie Christine's cousin Princess Marie-Astrid of Liechtenstein is living in Argentina though.

I believe Marie-Astrid of Liechtenstein is in Argentina, not Marie-Christine. I assume Marie-Christine is in Brussels, but I'm not positive.

Does Archduke Rudolf (brother of Archduke Christian) manage the business?

:previous:
I really don't know that; Archduke Rudolf seems to live very very privately, even more than all siblings, and I don't know almost anything about him.

Does Archduke Rudolf (brother of Archduke Christian) manage the business?

I believe the Habsburg's sold their considerable interest in the business some years ago. Rudolf works in private investment management.

He isn't really that private. He is incredibly active and visible in various fields of business and Catholicism.

Archiduke Rodolphe of Habsbourg, Marie-Christine's Uncle should have his own thread.
He is Archiduke's Charles-Louis and Yolande (born Princesse de Ligne) first child.
Born in 1943 he married Barones Marie Hélène de Villenfagne de Vogelsanck.( first Archiduke's wedding ) .Their wedding on the contrary of his brother Christian's wedding with HRH Marie-Astrid of Luxembourg ,was a real family wedding. As the Habsbourg have a lot of children they have 8 children from 1977 to 1991. They remain in the shadow and are happy , they do work ! Their first born son is Archiduke Carl Christian.
It is so confusing with the same surnames that MAfan should split the two generations and start a thread ; TR&IHH Charles Louis (Carl Ludwig) and Yolande of Habsb(o)urg's children as this has noting to do with the young R&IH Marie Christine and Count Rodolphe de Limburg-Stirum;

Last edited:
Marie-Christine is married to Count Rodolphe. Her uncle is Archduke Rudolf. They are not spelled the same. This is what creates the confusion. Every effort was taken to ensure that no one was confused about the two.

The conversation naturally flowed from one person the next. They are a very close family. It should expected that from time-to-time some conversational overlap will occur, when dealing with this large family.

A bit of news: Marie-Christine and Rodolphe welcomed their first son, Leopold, April 19th

And a third great grandson for Duke Jean !

Congratulations to Marie-Christine and Rodolphe. I love the name Leopold! I wonder if he was born in Argentina??

Congratulations to the couple :flowers:
All the best to little Leopold :baby:

Back
Top Bottom