The Spanish Royals' Response to the Aeroplane Crash in Madrid: August 21, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry

My condolences, Spain, in this tragic hour. I follow everyday the news in TVE, there are still 100 bodies unidentified that are going to need DNA tests. And the families waiting for them are in absolute despair.

Did they visit the families of the children killed in Dunblane? No! Did they visit the people who lost everything in the floods in England last year, or in Scotland and Northern Ireland this year? No! Did they Visit the injured of the London bombings or the families of the dead? Again no!
As for them stayng in London during the war, that was nothing but a media lie to make Londoners think that the King and Queen were stading shoulder to shoulder with them. Documents released under the Freedom of Information Act show thay they were only in London during the day and were taken out of the city every evening. When the palace was bombed they were safely out of town but were taken back very early in the morning to make it look as if they had been there when the building was hit.
This thread is not about comparing the royal families but I feel the need to respond to your comment because what you are saying is simply not true.

No offense but I think you need to be better informed before making these types of comments. I remember the queen did visit dunblane with princess Anne and spoke to family members, the queen looked very saddened and moved and on the verge of tears.
After the 7/7 bombings the queen did visit the injured in a London hospital there was tons of coverage on that and I clearly remember the speech that she gave at the hospital about standing strong in the face of the barbarity that had occurred. And as far as last years floods i remember prince charles visited areas that were flooded.
I recall other tragedies that have occured such as the train accident a couple of years back where the queen also visited the site and again looked very moved by the flowers that had been left for the victims.

yes we do see more pics of the Spanish royal family hugging and comforting the families of the victims but thats in the nature of Spanish people in general to be like that. Having lived in England i can say that the British are more reserved and that is why the British royal family are way more reserved than the Spanish.

Of course they do and your statement is completely unfounded. In the days of 7/7 most members of the BRF, including HM, had events in relation to the London Bombings. The BRF has a history of showing solidarity with their people, with the monarch couple staying in London during WW II giving only one of many examples.

I take offense at the Duke of Marmalade's statement. The BRF showed great compassion towards the United States after the 9/11 tragedy.

I take offense at the Duke of Marmalade's statement. The BRF showed great compassion towards the United States after the 9/11 tragedy.

What do you find offensive about my statement pamk. All I said is that the BRF show the same compassion to their people when national tragedies happen (eg at 7/7) as the Spanish do (and they express their symathy with other countries too, eg the US and in this case, Spain), not the other way around as stated by another poster.

This thread is not about comparing the royal families but I feel the need to respond to your comment because what you are saying is simply not true.

No offense but I think you need to be better informed before making these types of comments. I remember the queen did visit dunblane with princess Anne and spoke to family members, the queen looked very saddened and moved and on the verge of tears.
After the 7/7 bombings the queen did visit the injured in a London hospital there was tons of coverage on that and I clearly remember the speech that she gave at the hospital about standing strong in the face of the barbarity that had occurred. And as far as last years floods i remember prince charles visited areas that were flooded.
I recall other tragedies that have occured such as the train accident a couple of years back where the queen also visited the site and again looked very moved by the flowers that had been left for the victims.

yes we do see more pics of the Spanish royal family hugging and comforting the families of the victims but thats in the nature of Spanish people in general to be like that. Having lived in England i can say that the British are more reserved and that is why the British royal family are way more reserved than the Spanish.

I'm sorry to disagree with you but as someone who's family comes from Dunblane I can assure you that Queen Elizabeth did not visit at the time of the killings. She did attend the memorial service a few weeks later but had not planned to do so. It was supposed to be prince Andrew but there was an outcry in Scotland with the Scottish press calling her uncareing and out of touch. One paper even told her to to get off her backside and do her duty. Feelings were running so high that her advisers told her that her non-appearence could cause untold damage to the monarchy. The queen had to give in and attend. Even then, she did not speak to the families, only to some officials and then dashed away. Nor did she visit those injured in the bombings, that was prince Charles.
And it's not the British who are reserved, it's the English. The other nations in the U.K. do show their emotions.
The Spanish people are lucky to have Royal family who care.

Did they visit the families of the children killed in Dunblane? No! Did they visit the people who lost everything in the floods in England last year, or in Scotland and Northern Ireland this year? No! Did they Visit the injured of the London bombings or the families of the dead? Again no!
As for them stayng in London during the war, that was nothing but a media lie to make Londoners think that the King and Queen were stading shoulder to shoulder with them. Documents released under the Freedom of Information Act show thay they were only in London during the day and were taken out of the city every evening. When the palace was bombed they were safely out of town but were taken back very early in the morning to make it look as if they had been there when the building was hit.

I´m totally agree with you Ian.
I do not understand why BRF did not support its citizens in difficult times, it is really sad!!

I know I am late but I send my condolences to the people of Spain. This was a tragic disaster. I am so sorry.

I'm sorry to disagree with you but as someone who's family comes from Dunblane I can assure you that Queen Elizabeth did not visit at the time of the killings. She did attend the memorial service a few weeks later but had not planned to do so. It was supposed to be prince Andrew but there was an outcry in Scotland with the Scottish press calling her uncareing and out of touch. One paper even told her to to get off her backside and do her duty. Feelings were running so high that her advisers told her that her non-appearence could cause untold damage to the monarchy. The queen had to give in and attend. Even then, she did not speak to the families, only to some officials and then dashed away. Nor did she visit those injured in the bombings, that was prince Charles.
And it's not the British who are reserved, it's the English. The other nations in the U.K. do show their emotions.
The Spanish people are lucky to have Royal family who care.

I respect your sentiments with regard to Dunblane but I just do not think its fair to characterize the royal family as uncaring when there have been national tragedies. Whatever the reasons for their handling of certain events differently than the spanish, i think it is an unfair characterization. I remember the queen looking quite moved when she did go to dunblane. To say that someone did not care or was not saddened about something like Dunblane to me is saying they are a monster/evil.

I think that we also must remember that the SRF have had to do more to win the affection of the spanish people and assure the position of the monarchy in Spain, in a sense the BRF has never had to do that because they have always been there.

I am just bothered because every time something like this happens there are certain people that always have to bring these sorts of comparisons up.

What do you find offensive about my statement pamk. All I said is that the BRF show the same compassion to their people when national tragedies happen (eg at 7/7) as the Spanish do (and they express their symathy with other countries too, eg the US and in this case, Spain), not the other way around as stated by another poster.

You are correct and I apologize --- I got confused.

What a sad time for Spanish people. Fortunately, they have very able and compassionate rulers, including its RF to be there when they are suffering.

What a heartfelt message from King Harald. Short but to the point. This is perhaps a silly question but why does he sign the letter Harald R?

"R" is Royal shorthand for "rex", the Latin for "king.":flowers:

What a heartfelt message from King Harald. Short but to the point. This is perhaps a silly question but why does he sign the letter Harald R?

The Princes of Asturias will attend on saturday in Canary the Funneral in memorian of the victims.

The "official" funneral will take place on September 11 in Madrid.

Los PrÃ*ncipes asistirán el sábado al funeral por las vÃ*ctimas en Canarias. europapress.es

Los Príncipes asistirán el sábado al funeral por las víctimas en Canarias. europapress.es
The funeral is predicted for the 18,00 hours and in the cathedral already the preparations have begun. In Madrid, solemn responso by the 154 victims of the accident of airplane of Spanair will finally be celebrated day 11 of September in the Cathedral of the Almudena and not the 1, like was initially predicted, due to the slow rate with whom the bodies are being identified, according to confirmed to Europe Press municipal sources.

I hope the media has the decency to remember the solemnity of the occasion and not make it all about Letizia's nose.

I hope the media has the decency to remember the solemnity of the occasion and not make it all about Letizia's nose.

I am sure it will be the hot topic not only for the media but for members of this forum.

I am sure it will be the hot topic not only for the media but for members of this forum.

It's an unlucky coincidence. If casa real was clever they would have arranged an apprearance for the CP couple before Saturday, either "on duty" or "in private", wouldn't be the first time that they do a "staged" appearance = for a purpose (eg showing Leonor in the Fauna park). It would have taken off the heat, everyone getting their picture of Letizia's new nose without swelling and then move on and concentrate on the actual event, the memorial mass. It deserves full attention of everyone.

Lastes news:
It seems that the fenneral expected for this saturday in Canary Island it has been postponed.
The cause is that 26 bodies are still unidentified. In those 26 bodies the DNA tests are not conclusive so now it´s needed dental tests.

Los Príncipes de Asturias presiden hoy el funeral por las víctimas en Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. europapress.es

The Princes of Asturias preside today at the funeral for the victims in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria

The Princes of Asturias preside today at the funeral for the victims of the accident of the flight JK 5022 of Spanair, where there died a whole of 154 persons, of whom 72 were of Canarias, in the Cathedral of Santa Ana of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, an act to which also there will come the President of Spain, Jose Luis Rodríguez Zapatero and the President of Canarias, Paulino Rivero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom