The Royal Family of Spain Picture Thread, Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are there any pictures of King Juan Carlos with his granddaughter Leonor? If there are, could somebody post them?

I don't mean the formal christening-type pictures where he's standing behind the parents, I mean the Queen-Sofia-Holding-Baby kind of picture.

Even though I'm a Yank I do get it that royalty must be more formal and dignified than the peasantry, but I would think even a King is allowed to cuddle his granddaughter in public.

AnnieCat said:
Are there any pictures of King Juan Carlos with his granddaughter Leonor? If there are, could somebody post them?

I don't mean the formal christening-type pictures where he's standing behind the parents, I mean the Queen-Sofia-Holding-Baby kind of picture.

Even though I'm a Yank I do get it that royalty must be more formal and dignified than the peasantry, but I would think even a King is allowed to cuddle his granddaughter in public.

Ithink they are one from Easter mass in Palma. Not in this thread.

They are some pics, I will try to find others:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/422880-post310.html

Posted by Nagore from Lecturas, there it is a picture of the King lifting Infanta Leonor:

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2710/pronto29zi.jpg

Last edited:
Amy said:
What great zoo photographs Juanita :) Altough i would not change anything about our Queen here in England it is so nice to see another Queen being so very different from ones own. That isn't to say that Queen Elizabeth is cold and unloving to her grandchildren she just spends time with them differently and away from the public. It would be quite boring for all the Queens to be alike and Queen Sophia is a very unique and lovely Queen and grandmother.
indeed queen elizabeth doesnt show much affection to her grandchildren publicly in the manner that sophia does but its clear when she is interacting with them that they have a great relationship with her and a great deal of respect, the same with prince phillip you can see that they joke around a lot. in any case sophia is much more open about showing emotions period as opposed to other royals who were brought up to not show emotions and have kept that up. i think juan carlos belongs in the latter cattegory but he also seems to be not a very hands on grandfather period, but it doesnt mean he doesnt love them as any grandfather would. Just my own opinion.

I think Juan Carlos is a good grandfather! If you look through previous threads you will see pictures of him playing with his older chandchildren. Just because we don't see pictures of him picking them up and hugging and kissing them doesn't mean he isn't a good grandparent. The same goes for Queen Elizabeth, although you don't see lots of affectionate pictures of her with her grandkids you can tell that they do love and respect her.

One of my grandfathers can't 'deal' with babies and small children. There are no photos of me with him when I was little but when I reached the age of 5/6 there were loads and now he's just the best! :flowers: I've also seen it with him and my younger cousins. He won't hold a baby, he doesn't coo over them. He might sound cold to you, but it's just the way he is. Then as we get older the way he acts totally changes. Some people are like that.:sad:

Here are some photos of the Queen with her grandsons :wub: I hope you like them!

Queen Sofia and her youngest grandson

And with her other grandsons :wub:

(source: hola)

And some more with Infanta Cristina's kids in the Zoo :wub:

(source: hola)

Thank you so much for those uber cute pics sis!:wub:
I loved the ones where Miguel gave his Grandma a bouquet and she looks like she wanted to eat him by kisses!:wub::wub::wub:

Thanks so much for all the great pictures. :flowers: I especially love Queen SOfia with her grandchildren. She's my favourite royal grandmother :wub:

Thank you so much for the photos sis !!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :flowers: :flowers:

You're welcome! :flowers:
Some day we will see these kind of photos with Irene and Leonor... Imagine, Victoria, Irene and Leonor with grandma with the zoo! :wub: :wub:

The photos are beautiful. In some occasion also I have seen images of the Queen with Froilán and Victoria in some infantile spectacle. A shame is that we could not see more photos of her with Leonor, for the present time she sees her always in house, it will be necessary to wait that the girl grows.;)

lula said:
The photos are beautiful. In some occasion also I have seen images of the Queen with Froilán and Victoria in some infantile spectacle. A shame is that we could not see more photos of her with Leonor, for the present time she sees her always in house, it will be necessary to wait that the girl grows.;)
I will see what can i do... do you know when were those photos taken?
I've the photos of the Queen's biography in my computer, i will see if i can post them tonight :flowers:

Here some photos of the Kings with their children. The photos are in the Queen's biography La Reina by Pilar Urbano :wub:

You're awesome juanita.:flowers: These are fantastic pics. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

:blush::blush: You're most welcome, ladejesus!! :flowers: :flowers:

If i find other beautiful photos like these i will post them, as soon as i can :ROFLMAO:

sis, how can we repay you for these beautiful captures of certain family moments of our fav RH?

Thanks a lot and please keep posting, I specially loved the ones with Felipe: first as a Karate Kid and then as a Sailor Man:wub:

Sofia is such a great grandmother, it's so nice to see that she's not afraid of being affectionate with her grandkids and children in public. Unlike some other Queen I can think of...

Ani

Completely in agreement with you, Queen Sofía is a grandmother, handsome and of very young aspect, that is very affectionate with its grandsons, but also I see in her continuous gestures, and mainly glances, who expose enamored qu is of their husband, King Juan Carlos. By the way, their grandsons do not call to him "abuela " but " amamá ":flowers:

marenostrum said:
Completely in agreement with you, Queen Sofía is a grandmother, handsome and of very young aspect, that is very affectionate with its grandsons, but also I see in her continuous gestures, and mainly glances, who expose enamored qu is of their husband, King Juan Carlos. By the way, their grandsons do not call to him "abuela " but " amamá ":flowers:

I thought that they would call her "Yaya" since that is usually what kids call their Greek grandmothers. I don't call my grandmother Abuela either (it sounds so formal), I call her Mama. It's like Mamá, without an emphasis on the a.

Ani

In Spain many grandsons also call yaya to the grandmother, but the queen is “amamá” (like twice mother). She and their brothers thus called to their grandmother Victoria Luisa de Prusia, and his children to queen Federica also. However to Doña Maria, mother of the king, called “Ia”, because thus she began calling it infant Elena when she was very small and not yet she knew to speak. GREETINGS!:flowers: :flowers:

Yes, I get the "twice mother" thing, that is the exact reason why I call my abuela "mama". The Queen is definitely like a second mother to them, the best word to describe her is "cariñosa". She's my favorite!

Ani

Thanks Marenostrum, it's funny to hear something, and the nickname are sweet, sure the Queens nickname.

Thanks for all the great pics emilieweber2004! I had never seen most of them.

Back
Top Bottom