The Royal Family of Spain Picture Thread, Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Spanish Royal family during the visit of the Pope John Paul II to Madrid in 2003

From getty

thanks, this year surely we have photos seemed to these with the visit to Spain of the Benedicto ;)

from corbis

Last edited by a moderator:
iceflower said:
I have a general question: Why do we have this picture thread and the retrospective thread at the same time? In my eyes these two threads could be put together as they are meant for the same kind of older pics??!!

Iceflower,

The Restrospective Thread is destined to older pictures of the family in meaningful times. (And yes, they can include Jaime, Iñaki and even Letizia).

This thread is for the "everyday" material we get from the SRF. Like, for example, Prince Felipe and the King attended some military event in November last year, if you find never before seen pictures of those events, this is the thread for them.

On the other hand, if you find a new photoshoot of the family, one who has never been seen before, the correct thread is the Restrospective thread.

If you have any further questions, please PM me, Elsa M. or Alexandria.

thank you,
Anna_R
SRF Moderator

Thank you very much for taking the time and explaining it, Anna_R!

i have a question,since i don't know where to put them and because here i saw photos of SRF with pope i'll put it here.
i saw a pic that all members of SRF went to vatican(with their kids) and had a visit with the pop, i want to know if we will see them including letizia and leonor in vatican or not?
thanks

Summer 2002 in Mallorca

From bruno press

Last edited:
I found some pics:):

11l78uf.jpg
11l796u.jpg

11l79g7.jpg
11l79s4.jpg
(I really like this one;) )

Sources: Deadline Press, Olycom

thank you very much crisiñaki :)
Very pretty the photo of queen with its daughters the Infants, the three very elegant and handsome ones are seen

monica821 said:
Very pretty the photo of queen with its daughters the Infants
Indeed!
Besides their elegance and beauty we can see how similar (or not) they are.. well the Infantas with the Queen! :p I think Cristina looks more similar to her mother than Elena! However, Elena looks like her mother, sometimes!
I like soo much this outfit of the Queen.. and i think she just used it once!

...JuAnItA... said:
Indeed!
Besides their elegance and beauty we can see how similar (or not) they are.. well the Infantas with the Queen! :p I think Cristina looks more similar to her mother than Elena! However, Elena looks like her mother, sometimes!
I like soo much this outfit of the Queen.. and i think she just used it once!
when the Infantas were younger (about their late teens, early twenties) they looked a lot like their mother because they all had the same hairdo:p and dressed similarly; nowadays you can still see the family resemblance but they don't look like mini-Sofias any longer, they have finally found their own styles (which I must say are quite awesome;) )
I think Cristina is the less Borbonish of the siblings, she doesn't have the exact same "nose" Elena and Felipe have ;)

Crisia~~naki, I think you are totaly right for the Infanta Christina, she looks terribly " borbon"; sometimes, she looks very much to her grand mother, the Countess of Barcelone ( have to see her pre gala dinner, the ressemblance was totaly astonished ) But, good for her, she have a more equilibrated face and since he last two motherhood, she founded her genuine style paying attention to her silhouette and moving better with gala' dress and gowns. The last ones were totaly fantastics.

crisiñaki said:
I think Cristina is the less Borbonish of the siblings, she doesn't have the exact same "nose" Elena and Felipe have ;)
Yeah! But Elena has the Borbon nose (more than Felipe) however i think the King's nose is the really BORBON NOSE!!! :D :D If we talk about the Borbon nose we have to say that the "best" nose is the King's nose! :D

Here is some of Queen Sofia and Urdagarin kids ;)

Source: ipak

There are some more photos...
(source: cover)

CAKLIR45.jpg

And some more...
(source: cover)

I love pics with Juanito in his red jumper!:) Out of topic, but I love your signature, crisińaki, Ingrid was my favourite actress;)

LaChicaMadrilena said:
I love pics with Juanito in his red jumper!:) Out of topic, but I love your signature, crisińaki, Ingrid was my favourite actress;)

Thank you, I thought it was a fitting signature here at TRF;)

Lovely photographs of the Queen with her grandchildren, she looks just like any normal grandmother.

And some of the Queen with Cristina's children: Juan, Pablo and Miguel :)
These pictures were take in the zoo of Madrid, in 2004.

(source: farabola)

And the last one from the zoo of Madrid, in 2004...

(farabola)

Amy said:
Lovely photographs of the Queen with her grandchildren, she looks just like any normal grandmother.
Yeah! She loves them and does with them everything that a normal grandmother does...

great pictures! I love seeing Sofia in her role as grandmother. She seems like a wonderful person.

What great zoo photographs Juanita :) Altough i would not change anything about our Queen here in England it is so nice to see another Queen being so very different from ones own. That isn't to say that Queen Elizabeth is cold and unloving to her grandchildren she just spends time with them differently and away from the public. It would be quite boring for all the Queens to be alike and Queen Sophia is a very unique and lovely Queen and grandmother.

I think that Queen Sofia is a great Granny. She always looks so happy when she is with her grandchildren!

Vanesa.

princess leonor said:
great pictures! I love seeing Sofia in her role as grandmother. She seems like a wonderful person.

She does, doesn't she. I am sure she is. She shows her love for her grandchildren and is hands on. She and Beatrix, Paola and Sonja all have a great look of joy around their grandchildren. Not aloof.

Back
Top Bottom