The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events, Part 24 (Sept. 2017 - present)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just curious why King Juan Carlos would also attend this event if King Felipe was speaking, etc.?

King Juan Carlos founded the Spanish Cotec in 1990.

Here's a video of the Meeting

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
King Juan Carlos,Infanta Elena and Doña Victoria Federica are fast becoming a regular trio at these events.

I really do not understand what happens with Victoria. :ohmy:

She is one year behind in her studies, all the young people of her school year are studying like crazy these days because they have final exams, if they do not pass the baccalaureate and after the specific exams, they will not be able to access the University. She will go to a private university that her grandparents will pay, she needs to pass the baccalaureate although I do not think she will take the university entrance exams.

She spent several days at the Feria de Abril, then at the Madrid Tennis Master and now at a bullfight ... when she studies?... Elena and Jaime have been a failure inculcating their children the value of study and effort ... then their grandparents arrive and pay a lot of money for private centers that give them a degree with little study. :sad:

King Juan Carlos,Infanta Elena and Doña Victoria Federica are fast becoming a regular trio at these events.

They are! It’s been nice seeing Juan Carlos with his daughters’ children these past several weeks. Going by photos I’ve seen over the years, Victoria has always thought the world of her grandfather, and it seems her brother and the Urdangarin children have a similar sort of relationship with him.

They are! It’s been nice seeing Juan Carlos with his daughters’ children these past several weeks. Going by photos I’ve seen over the years, Victoria has always thought the world of her grandfather, and it seems her brother and the Urdangarin children have a similar sort of relationship with him.

I agree. It's nice to see the three together. I wish Leonor and Sofia had a similar relationship with Juan Carlos - it seems he doesn't seem to pay much attention to Felipe's family as he does his other descendants.

And the portrait of the Kings mother looking down on them!

It was also really nice to see Doña Simoneta Gómez-Acebo and her brother Don Fernando present.

So this is a private event now? Too bad because an event like this deserves the official support of the SRF.

So this is a private event now? Too bad because an event like this deserves the official support of the SRF.

Where they not coniodered private before too? As they where not on the official agenda.

Where they not coniodered private before too? As they where not on the official agenda.

yes it was official before :wacko:
Inicio - Actividades y Agenda - Final individual masculina del Trofeo Roland-Garros de Tenis
http://www.casareal.es/ES/Actividades/Paginas/actividades_actividades_detalle.aspx?data=11495

All sports events, whenever Spanish sport is supported by casareal it's official, see football games etc.

But now that JC is considered a privatier it's not listed any longer.

Last edited:
I really do not understand what happens with Victoria. :ohmy:

She is one year behind in her studies, all the young people of her school year are studying like crazy these days because they have final exams, if they do not pass the baccalaureate and after the specific exams, they will not be able to access the University. She will go to a private university that her grandparents will pay, she needs to pass the baccalaureate although I do not think she will take the university entrance exams.

Do Spanish students have to take separate university entrance exams in addition to the baccalaureate ?

Do Spanish students have to take separate university entrance exams in addition to the baccalaureate ?

Yes, they have to pass a test called EBAU. The last baccalaureate course is 60% of the note, and the test 40%. Each university degree in the public university has an access note, so depending on what one wants to study, it is necessary not only to approve, but to reach a note.

I hope to see more of Infanta Elena in the coming days. Since her father already retired, it's up for the King and Queen and Queen Sofia to represent Spain. I hope Elena's kids will join the club too. It's nice seeing Felipe and Victoria with their mom recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: As I understand it, the Spanish constitution limits the number of the official representatives of the royal family to the monarch/consort and their children. (Spanish TRF members please correct me if I am mistaken.) When Juan Carlos' reign ended so did Elena's participation as an official member. Juan Carlos' sisters were no longer official representatives when, Juan Carlos' reign began though were present at some events especially family ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not exactly the Constitution, but a law that determines who is part of the Royal Family and who is not.

The presence of Elena in this event is due to the fact that she works for the Mapfre Foundation. I think it's inappropriate for Sofía to promote the company where her daughter works,more when it is known that Elena got that job because of the influence of her parents, because she had never worked in that area before.

We don't have a separate thread for the Kings family so its easier to keep such events under the broad umbrella of the SRF Thread as we do in the Swedish and other forums.

Thank you for the explanation Lula.?

Not exactly the Constitution, but a law that determines who is part of the Royal Family and who is not.

The presence of Elena in this event is due to the fact that she works for the Mapfre Foundation. I think it's inappropriate for Sofía to promote the company where her daughter works,more when it is known that Elena got that job because of the influence of her parents, because she had never worked in that area before.

The Mapfre Foundation pours a huge amount of money into various projects in Spain and abroad. It would be odd for the royal family to avoid it entirely because their daughter works there.

And certainly Felipe is fine with participating in the Copa del Rey MAPFRE which is bankrolled by the same company that established the foundation.

Elena, Cristina and Felipe all got their jobs because of who their father is. It seems strange to be concerned about nepotism on a board dedicated to hereditary monarchy.

Back
Top Bottom