The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 23: October 2012 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if its already being discussed and i've missed it...but do we know anything about the family's plans for the holidays?

Last edited:
:previous: Yes, it really was... It makes a certain effect to see two queens, always:flowers:

King Felipe attended yesterday the First Communion of his godchild Luis Felipe Gómez Acebo and his sister, Infanta Pilar grandchildren.

El rey Felipe VI |*Don Felipe acude solo a la Comunión de Luis y Laura Gómez Acebo

The family gathered in the house of Infanta Pilar after communion, and then went to the circus

Doña Letizia, junto Don Felipe, repite de nuevo en el Circo del Sol

http://www.bekia.es/realeza/fotos/galerias/primera-comunion-luis-laura-gomez-acebo/

Spanish Royal Family Attends Relatives's First Communion

Imágenes Y Fotos De Noticias | Getty Images

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems that there have been a lot of communions within the SRF recently! Congratulations to the children. :flowers:

It's nice to see that most of the family turned up, though I wonder why Infanta Elena and her children weren't present. No surprises to see that Juan Carlos was absent.

It appears that Felipe is quite close to his aunt Pilar.

Yes I was wondering where Infanta Elena or Infanta Margarita were,and yes no surprises to see the absence of King Juan Carlos as per usual.Queen Sofia and Infanta Pilar also seem to be close as does Felipe and his aunt.

It appears that Felipe is quite close to his aunt Pilar.

I have heard quite recently that this is not exactly true. All through his youth, Aunt Pilar had quite a lot to say about branches of family as sister of the King. Spanish children were also taught to not talk back to elders [correctly] and always be respectful. Since becoming king himself, Felipe has had to put his foot down on some of her demands and wants. Apparently she had quite a lot to say re the Cristina law suit and what she thought Felipe should push to happen. She now speaks in a less authoritative tone to him and was put in her place semi publically at a friend's formal gathering. I am sure Felipe still loves his aunt but respect for the king must still be given and her opinion no longer is of any importance. That must be a very hard thing for Felipe as Pilar is known to have the personality of a bulldozer. A very strong woman which her brother always favored.

We know she doesnt drink so I guess he had a few glasses of wine ...

I have heard quite recently that this is not exactly true. All through his youth, Aunt Pilar had quite a lot to say about branches of family as sister of the King. Spanish children were also taught to not talk back to elders [correctly] and always be respectful. Since becoming king himself, Felipe has had to put his foot down on some of her demands and wants. Apparently she had quite a lot to say re the Cristina law suit and what she thought Felipe should push to happen. She now speaks in a less authoritative tone to him and was put in her place semi publically at a friend's formal gathering. I am sure Felipe still loves his aunt but respect for the king must still be given and her opinion no longer is of any importance. That must be a very hard thing for Felipe as Pilar is known to have the personality of a bulldozer. A very strong woman which her brother always favored.

Oh, I never knew that about Pilar's personality. He still seemed to be close to her at the communion because he was with her most of the time (judging from the photos), but after reading your post I'm thinking that was most likely because of how he was brought up to respect the older generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom