The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 23: October 2012 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While the Church would consider her still married to Jaimie, since her marriage has not be annuled, Elena has not gone ahead and had a second civil marriage nor is she known to be openly living in sin with another partner so she is still in the churchs good graces.

You are right, Duke. One can receive the sacrament of Eucharist also as a divorcee, as long as one is not "living in sin" i.e. re-married or has a partner.

I wonder what was the general atmosphere like at the Anniversary Mass today,from some of the family photo's Infanta Pilar and Princess Letizia did not look too happy.

Then again it may have just been the photo's I looked at and all was well at the Capilla Real :)

Is one expected to look happy at such an event? Didn't like a laugh riot occassion to me.

I think I spotted some of the King's nieces and nephews in the back rows,I wonder if any of Infante Carlos's sisters and children were present?

Is one expected to look happy at such an event? Didn't like a laugh riot occassion to me.

Not happy, but normal. The occasion is a celebration of life, JC's father was born 100 years ago.

The core family members look utterly miserable, I doubt it has to do with this occasion but with what is going on within the family.

I think I spotted some of the King's nieces and nephews in the back rows,I wonder if any of Infante Carlos's sisters and children were present?

In a video I saw at least the Duke of Noto and his wife, and his son in law Pedro Lopez-Quesada.

The body language between JC and Sofia is almost painful to watch.

Nice that infanta Alica and the duke of Calabria attended.

Last edited:
The body language between JC and Sofia is almost painful to watch.

Nice that infanta Alica and the duke of Calabria attended.

Yes I noticed that too but Letizia in particular didn't look very happy,nor did Infanta Pilar .Elena and Cristina and Don Felipe looked the most relaxed.

Pity that the Infantas Leonor and Sofia didn't attend,they might have cheered everyone else up!

Yes I noticed that too but Letizia in particular didn't look very happy,nor did Infanta Pilar .Elena and Cristina and Don Felipe looked the most relaxed.

Pity that the Infantas Leonor and Sofia didn't attend,they might have cheered everyone else up!

¿Por qué no fue la infanta Leonor a la misa de don Juan?

Vanititis complains about the Infantitas' absence too and of course they have their own theories (Letizia didn't want them there because of the tensions) :p The excuse was school but its almost over and Froilan was there too.

For dynastic reasons, so they say, it would have been good to show up with the chain of heirs, Don Juan, JC, Felipe, Leonor but who knows. I guess if JC had wanted Leonor to show up, she would have shown up. He probably didn't care.

Maybe its a good idea to keep the girls out of what they cannot fully understand at this stage (family quarrels) and keep them from events where they would be subject to booing and harrassing (not this one but still).

They all look horrible with faces of thunder and its obvious that the core family couldn't almost bare to be in one room together.

Last edited:
My Spanish is not great but from the Vanititis article I gather that Letizia did not take Holy Communion at the Mass?

It seems that the only thing Vanitatis can do is invent things to attack Letizia, is their way to survive.:yuk:

If they had taken the girls, they would have attacked Letizia to make the girls lost school. The school does not end until June 25. If they wanted the children were there, the act would have been in the afternoon.

It seems that the only thing Vanitatis can do is invent things to attack Letizia, is their way to survive.:yuk:

If they had taken the girls, they would have attacked Letizia to make the girls lost school. The school does not end until June 25. If they wanted the children were there, the act would have been in the afternoon.

I don't really look or follow Vanitatis Lula but they do seem to have an agenda against Letizia,I wonder why they have it in for her?

It's unbelievable that no one in the royal family has said (in public, calls to politicians don't matter at all) anything about the Galician train accident that took so many lives.

This is not the kind of attitude we want to have in our royal family, the attitude is absolutely inexcusable under any point of view.

They can't cancel their holidays for this? no, they will do it once the public outrage has reached a higher point, but they should have been the first to be there.

Where is the 11M attitude?

I hope this doesn't sound like bashing but I'm really angry about this, what's the use for a Royal Family if they can't be there when we need them the most?

Last edited:
It's unbelievable that no one in the royal family has said (in public, calls to politicians don't matter at all) anything about the Galician train accident that took so many lives.

This is not the kind of attitude we want to have in our royal family, the attitude is absolutely inexcusable under any point of view.

They can't cancel their holidays for this? no, they will do it once the public outrage has reached a higher point, but they should have been the first to be there.

Where is the 11M attitude?

I hope this doesn't sound like bashing but I'm really angry about this, what's the use for a Royal Family if they can't be there when we need them the most?

Early this morning
El Rey y el Príncipe transmiten su pesar a las familias de las víctimas - Yahoo! Noticias España
Last night
El Rey llama por teléfono al presidente de la Xunta y a la ministra de Fomento para interesarse por el accidente de tren - Yahoo! Noticias España

There are officials who are working on the case and I am sure informing the royal family and higher people. Moreover, Im sure the royal family will come out with a statement or tour the crash place when it's the right time.

Yeah, just like Rajoy and his "I am so sorry but I can't go right now", the Royal Family was far much more proactive in the 11M and the people thanked that.

And in the link above it's about Feijoo and what he said about what the King said, not direct words from the Royal Palace, would it have killed them to write a note? that doesn't really need time to think.

They should have immediately canceled their holidays, even if it was going back to Madrid, people don't want to see them in Palma right now.

Once again I'm sorry but I'm really angry about this attitude, from both the Royal Family and the Government, if you heard the word in the street and in social networks, people feel really let down, we feel as if we were abandoned in a way.

The king and the prince of Asturias have cancelled their activities from today due to the train accident. The prince was going to visit Telefónica in Madrid.
In the afternoon, the King was to receive an audience at Zarzuela Palace, tenor Placido Domingo.
El Rey y el Príncipe anulan sus actividades oficiales por el accidente - Yahoo! Noticias España

The queen is on vacation and possibly infanta Elena, not the others. Both the prince and princess of Asturias have work duties scheduled for tomorrow and Saturday.

Last edited:
Leidi, your attitude and your words are totally disrespectful to the current situation, and demonstrate that you write without being informed.

The only member of the Royal Family has started her holiday is Queen Sofia, both the king and the Prince and Princess of Asturias continue their agenda and have events planned. Acts that today have been canceled by the tragedy.

Since last night all the media and the president of Galicia in various communications have said that the king and the prince have been in contact with the authorities.

Ladyfinn, has put several reports about it.

In any tragedy comes first assist victims and their families. All media should be directed to that function, and only direct authorities with responsibility for crisis cabinet should be in place. The transfer of authorities from Madrid, subtract resources where they are really necessary and only hinder urgent work. In a collapse, you can not generate more collapse.

Unfortunately the day will be long and so will the coming days ... and all authorities will show their support for the victims as they always have.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering alright if members of the Royal Family would visit the area following the terrible train accident.

Last edited:
And now even the football federation wrote a condolence note before the Royal House...

I'd better stop before I get banned, I'm too angry right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom