The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 23: October 2012 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From many photos they chosen the worst with Letizia standing apart.
Exactly. there are lots of pictures from that night, and that one on the cover is the only one that shows Letizia that apart from the family, of course the family struggles are known but gosh, magazines (media) likes to put oil in the fire and make things even more worse than they already are IMO

Can´t say I don´t understand her ;)
This surely hasn´t been a pleasant Christmas in the Royal Household.

It looked like Hola's cover was Letizia's initial reaction regarding the whole family posing on the step, what's the point of doing that ? They hadn't done that in the previous years when the family went out together during the Christmas break. Sofia has been trying too hard to 'white wash' the image of the Palms, she should have know better at this moment it's useless. Felipe had never missed the family (Christmas) events until this year, why ? The reason is quite obvious IMO.

Completely agree. Queen Sofia wants to play happy family and although I think the happiness around her grandchildren is genuine, she used the event to continue to bring Cristina back into the family. Letizia had no chance to go with it because she is an SRF woman and cant keep her children under wraps but Felipe opted out.

I read on Vanitatis a while ago that the Palmas hired an image advisor regarding their public appearances, I wonder who is paying for such an agency, they usually dont come cheap.

Not sure 2013 will be any better for them, unfortunately.

Oh I'm hoping it will be a better year,not just for the royal family but for Spain's economic problems.

I'm expecting a bad year again as well:sad:

In 2011,I was expecting it to be rough in 2012 with the scandal surrounding Inaki,but no one could have foreseen the hullabaloo caused by the King and that ill advised Easter Safari,then his grandson accidentally shot himself in the foot.

I'm hoping that 2013 won't have anymore of those incidents!

Completely agree. Queen Sofia wants to play happy family and although I think the happiness around her grandchildren is genuine, she used the event to continue to bring Cristina back into the family. Letizia had no chance to go with it because she is an SRF woman and cant keep her children under wraps but Felipe opted out.

I read on Vanitatis a while ago that the Palmas hired an image advisor regarding their public appearances, I wonder who is paying for such an agency, they usually dont come cheap.
Perhaps the King has been informed that the possible outcome of the trial is not going to be as bad as presented in the press and therefore the re-entry of the Palma's into the family has already started. There definitively seems to be a planned effort to present a picture of a happy family.

Duke, likely JC has been using the money of some private companies (his friends' companies) to pay for the high image consultant fee for Cristina and Inaki. I don't think he dared to use the tax payers' money, he is not that stupid.
Cristina had never left the family in private, she and her family had never stopped going to Zarzuela, using Marivent when Inaki declared or the family house at the ski resort for their holidays. Now the SRF (especially Sofia) trying very hard to campaign for the image improvement of the criminal suspect and his wife is just bad bad timing. Whether Inaki is guilty or not, now people start to think Zarzuela has him under their wings, is trying to influence the judicial outcome (see how Cristina has already been untouchable), a total PR disaster.

I don't know why but I have a feeling that Leonor is Sofia's favourite grandchild.

I wonder if the Royal Family marked the anniversary of the death of the late King's mother,HRH Princess María de las Mercedes de Borbón-Dos Sicilias,Countess of Barcelona who died on January 2nd 2000.

Activities of the Royal Family in 2012

Activities

Prince Felipe - 253
Queen Sofía - 187
Princess Letizia - 182
King Juan Carlos - 131
Infanta Elena - 42

Audiences (with and without press coverage)

King Juan Carlos - 278
Prince Felipe - 139
Queen Sofía - 47
Princess Letizia - 37
Infanta Elena - 1

Speeches

Prince Felipe - 84
King Juan Carlos - 34

Official trips

King Juan Carlos - Kuwait, Brazil, Chile, Russia and India
Queen Sofía - Philippines and Bolivia
Prince and Princess of Asturias - Portugal, USA, Panama and Ecuador
Prince of Asturias - Nicaragua, Guatemala, Dominican Republic, Mexico and Honduras

Other trips

King Juan Carlos

- Inauguration of Plaza de España in Mostar
- Travel to Saudi Arabia for the death of the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia
- Clinton Global Initiative in New York

Prince of Asturias

- Visit to the Spanish troops deployed in Operation Atalanta, in Djibouti
- Europa League final between Atletico Madrid and Athletic Bilbao in Bucharest
- 101st meeting of the International Labour Conference in Geneva
- Inauguration of the Seventh Forum on Investment and Business Cooperation Spain-Morocco in Casablanca
- European Championship final between the football teams of Spain and Italy in Kiev

Prince and Princess of Asturias

- European Championship match between the football teams of Spain and Italy
- Inauguration of the Cervantes Institute in Krakow
- Closing ceremony of the London Olympics
- Wedding of the Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg

Queen Sofía

- Opening ceremony of the London Olympics
- "Global Social Business Summit" in Austria

Infanta Elena

- Tennis championship final at Roland Garros in Paris
- Opening of the XIV Paralympic Games in London

Don Felipe, el miembro de la Familia Real con ms actividades en 2012 - elConfidencial.com

Last edited:
will the little Infantas be present as well? since they attended the 2 consecutive winnings of the Spanish soccer team (world & europe championships). but since this is handball, i dont know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom