The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 23: October 2012 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leidi, your attitude and your words are totally disrespectful to the current situation, and demonstrate that you write without being informed.

The only member of the Royal Family has started her holiday is Queen Sofia, both the king and the Prince and Princess of Asturias continue their agenda and have events planned. Acts that today have been canceled by the tragedy.

Since last night all the media and the president of Galicia in various communications have said that the king and the prince have been in contact with the authorities.

Ladyfinn, has put several reports about it.

In any tragedy comes first assist victims and their families. All media should be directed to that function, and only direct authorities with responsibility for crisis cabinet should be in place. The transfer of authorities from Madrid, subtract resources where they are really necessary and only hinder urgent work. In a collapse, you can not generate more collapse.

Unfortunately the day will be long and so will the coming days ... and all authorities will show their support for the victims as they always have.
Considering that the recovery of victims and the presence of investigators has been ongoing I can understand why the Spanish royals and othes have not gone to the site yet. They understand that their presence immediately after the tragedy does not help the workers with their tasks. Delaying the trip until the sad work is completed is entirely prudent.

Its a good decision that the King will travel and that Sofia will be by his side, interrupting her Mallorca stay.
Los Reyes se desplazan a Santiago de Compostela - Libertad Digital

Yes it is indeed Duke.

The Pope has also offered his prayers for the victims

Their Majesties have visited the Clinical Hospital of Santiago.

Accidente tren Santiago: Los Reyes visitan a los heridos: 'Todos sienten el dolor de las familias' | elmundo.es

From Hola

http://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_espanola/2013072566324/reyes-visitan-accidente-tren-santiago-de-compostela/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the video and photos. Glad to see the King, Queen and Asturias couple there visiting with the injured and the families of the victims.

I think, the Royal Family has done everything in order to be present and to feel with the injured victims of the tragedy. I am sure there will be an official funeral mass for the 78 being killed and I strongly assume, tthat the King/Queen and the PoAs will all join.
Bye Bine

I think it was not a full speech, because on the web there is no text. He was probably just going to improvise a few words, but in the end he had many things to say that he preferred to write some notes on the mobile phone, not to forget anything or anyone.

I think it was not a full speech, because on the web there is no text. He was probably just going to improvise a few words, but in the end he had many things to say that he preferred to write some notes on the mobile phone, not to forget anything or anyone.

Still, it looks unprofessional to constantly look at your phone in order to string a few sentences together when consoling people.

Even worse, President Rajoy used an old speech from the earthquake in Gansu, China
Spanish prime minister Mariano Rajoy criticised over

Last edited:
At a moment like this I'm sure no one cared if Felipe read a part of his speech from his iPhone, the main thing is what he said and that he and Letizia met the people who had suffered so much.

At least the prince said all he had to say, not to forget anything or anyone, that probably was what mattered most. I see no difference between reading notes on a phone or on paper, probably before long the speeches will be read from an iPad.

It was the last and most institutional part with authorities and emergency services, they had been more than two hours listening to all kinds of horrible personal tragedies of wounded, family and neighbors... and giving words of support and comfort. After that, it is very difficult for the mind to function clearly to give an institutional speech and not become a disaster.

SS.AA.RR. los Príncipes de Asturias visitan a los vecinos de Angrois, tras accidente ferroviario - YouTube

Last edited:
I feel reading speeches from phone is awkward and unnecessary. No one expects a "fantastic" speech or some great quotes on such occasion. Just a few words of sympathy are enough. He can make a simple speech.
The more important thing in these occasions is the eye-contact and feeling of connection between the speaker and the audience. It is hard to maintain while reading from an iPhone as he himself is distracted, having to scroll it down every time.
At formal/business occasions anything is OK..iPhone/Powerpoint whatever.. But not on solemn ones like these.

He was ok in his speech, not distracted at all. He didn´t forget anything or anybody, which I guess is what the notes were for. I don´t see the big deal.

It looks like people is always trying to find faults, even in sad events like this one. They were there, consoling the wounded, they also were with the death people´s familiars (without cameras, we only know about that from those people), they were in the place of the accident talking with the "heroes" of the town that helped the passengers in the train, everybody says they were close and very affectionate...but still they are unproffessional because Felipe had his speech prepared beforehand. I find it unfair and very sad.

Honestly, there are plenty of days to critizise the proffessionalism of the CP couple, and these aren´t the most appropriate ones, IMO.

They were for three hours talking to people face to face, and if you spend a few seconds to see the video, you will see as they talked with Angrois neighbors and the Prince improvised his words to them.

At that time, the day after, were needed more than a few simple words of commitment. The king said those words the previous day, and gave the impression that he lacked many things to say... somehow, it was the same message that was repeated by all authorities.

The prince's speech was more complex, he knew how to pick up everything that was necessary to say, and he said it the right way.

If you read the texts transcribed by the press or hear the words of the various authorities, you see the difference and you understand why the prince needed a few notes.

Regarding Prince Felipe looking at his phone during the speech:

Perhaps Felipe didn't have much time to plan his speech seeming as the train crash was recent, so he had to use his iPhone to remind him of some sentences. I've had to prepare and perform a speech before, and mine took a lot of planning. Then again, the speech I performed was for the first time, and Felipe has performed lots of speeches over the years, so he has experience. I have seen some speeches where the person performing the speech has some form of notes in front of them. I didn't find it strange that Felipe was looking at his phone during the speech. JMO. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom