The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events, Part 24 (Sept. 2017 - present)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
220px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Spanish_Monarch.svg.png

Arms of King Felipe VI

Welcome to the thread:

The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events, Part 24

Commencing September 20, 2017

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
- The topic of this thread includes the royal family and members of the King's Family (Infanta's Elena, Cristina, Pilar and Margarita & husbands/children)
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

The Forum Moderators

Last edited:
Here's another video of The King and his father in Cadiz today.

I apologize if this has been answered before, but why is it for 2016 and not 2017? Was the ceremony postponed last year? Thank you.

Here's a video of the Awards from earlier today.

King Juan Carlos and Infanta Elena attended the 'San Isidro 2018' Bullfights Fair Presentation at the "Las Ventas" bullring in Madrid today, March 7:

** gettyimages gallery **

Here's a few more photos of King Juan Carlos and the Infanta Elena at the
San Isidro 2018' Bullfights Fair Presentation in Madrid.

PPE Agency

Last edited:
King Juan Carlos,Queen Sofia,the Infanta Elena all arrived at the Madrid residence of the Infanta Pilar to celebrate the 79th birthday of the Infanta Margrita.Aalso present were Doña Simoneta Gómez-Acebo,Doña Maria Zurtita,Don Fernando Gómez-Acebo,Don Beltrán Gómez-Acebo with his wife, Andrea Pascual and Margrita's husband ,Don Carlos Zurtita.

https://goo.gl/images/MCRfyb

The Infanta Elena seems to be accompanying her father to a few events of late.

It will be interesting to see whether infanta Cristina attends the mass. Given that she attended masses in El Escorial for other family members in recent years I expect she'll attend but we'll have to wait and see.

The Infanta Elena seems to be accompanying her father to a few events of late.

It makes sense. Her brother doesn't need her, her parents are on good terms but only show up together when it is called for and her father isn't in good health so the support of is eldest daughter no doubt is welcomed by him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomorrow, April 3, the Royal Family and the King's family will attend a Mass in El Escorial in memory of Juan de Borbón, Count of Barcelona, on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of his death.

https://www.efe.com/efe/espana/gent...la-familia-el-dia-3-en-escorial/10007-3567257

25 years ago...

The funeral for Don Juan was IMO the most impressive of all the big events held during King Juan Carlos' reign. Undoubtely a funeral fit for the king he was not allowed to be when alive.

Last edited by a moderator:
The late Count of Barcelona was buried with the full honours of a king and rightly so.

I noticed the Duke of Alba attending the anniversary Mass so far.

No Pilar? I think she was also absent at the recent ceremony for Leonor. I hope she’s well.

Tomorrow, April 3, the Royal Family and the King's family will attend a Mass in El Escorial in memory of Juan de Borbón, Count of Barcelona, on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of his death.

https://www.efe.com/efe/espana/gent...la-familia-el-dia-3-en-escorial/10007-3567257

25 years ago...

[/QUOTE

The funeral for Don Juan was IMO the most impressive of all the big events held during King Juan Carlos' reign. Undoubtely a funeral fit for the king he was not allowed to be when alive.

Thanks for posting the Video. Is there also a Video from the other part of the Funeral with foreign guests present? I believe that was some days later then this first Ceremonies.

No Pilar? I think she was also absent at the recent ceremony for Leonor. I hope she’s well.

Yes I was thinking the same ,her daughter and sons were there yesterday and thats also true about her absence from Leonor Golden Fleece ceremony.

It would not be like the Infanta Pilar to miss her fathers Anniversary Mass.

Back
Top Bottom