The Infanta Margarita, the Late Infanta Pilar and Families: June 2014 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doña Maria Zurita is loving motherhood :previous:

Meanwhile her 1st cousin Doña Simoneta Gomez Acebo attended the Madrid book launch of the former United States Ambassador to Spain ,James Costos .

https://goo.gl/images/jMdmyd

Last edited:
Its the feast day of Saint Charles Borromeo,I didn't realize Maria was very religious.

I don't think she is. She seems to enjoy this opportunity to celebrate her son who is also named Carlos.

I don't think she is. She seems to enjoy this opportunity to celebrate her son who is also named Carlos.

I just checked: closest to little Carlos Zurita's birthday (28 April) is the Veneration day of Saint Charles Lwanga and companions (3 June), so I suppose it is Saint Charles Lwanga who is the Catholic patron of little Carlitos, not Saint Carlo Borromeo (who is venerated on 4 November):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Lwanga

I just checked: closest to little Carlos Zurita's birthday (28 April) is the Veneration day of Saint Charles Lwanga and companions (3 June), so I suppose it is Saint Charles Lwanga who is the Catholic patron of little Carlitos, not Saint Carlo Borromeo (who is venerated on 4 November):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Lwanga

Doña Maria Zurita posted it on November 4th so it was just possibly a reference to that Saints Feast Day .

I suppose so; Saint Carlo Borromeo is the most famous saint with this name.
I am sure she named her son Carlos to honour her father, and not any concrete Saint.

Last edited:
Nice to see the Infanta Margarita and the Duke though she looks very frail of late.

Marita Zurita looked back on the difficult time with baby Carlos today:

"How you fought from the first moment, # superCarlitos! You have been an example to me since you were born by surprise that Sunday, April 29. Your heart was fragile but you decided to stay and make me the happiest woman in the world! THANK YOU also to all the team at @hospitaluniversitario de #LaPaz for taking all these premature babies forward day after day! And all those mothers who were very supportive in those moments":

** Instagram Post **

Is Maria in the States currently?

As per the photo it was tagged at the Fuego Restaurant in Madrid :previous:

Infanta Margarita attended a Christmas Charity concert of the Padre Arrupe Foundation in Madrid yesterday, November 27:

** gettyimages gallery **

Are she and Fernando Gomez-Acebo already divorced?

Maria Zurita shared a farewell message to late Spanish designer Elio Berhanyer who has died at the age of 89 at his residence in Madrid today, January 24:

I have no words, my dear Elio, to express the pain and sadness I feel with your loss. The great emptiness that you leave in the hearts of anyone who has known you. What a great man, to be so exceptional and what a wonderful professional you have always been. The biggest, the best and the most generous. I will miss you always but I feel very lucky to have had you so close all these years. May you rest in peace, Maestro

** Instagram post **

Maria Zurita shared a farewell message to late Spanish designer Elio Berhanyer who has died at the age of 89 at his residence in Madrid today, January 24:

** Instagram post **

Her 2 aunts, Queen Sofía and The Infanta Pilar were clients of his also.

Maria Zurita shared a short (crazy ;)) video of herself and Carlos to call attention to the upcoming International Children's Cancer Day (February 15) and to an appeal for donations for the Childhood Cancer APU Pablo Ugarte Asociation - a good idea to use her account for causes like this:

** Instagram post **

Maria Zurita and Carlos visited a friend today, the little one has grown..?

** Photos **

According to Spanish media Infanta Pilar had to have an emergency operation on Saturday. She had spent some days on Mallorca and felt unwell
and consulted doctors on the island. She was flown to Madrid and operated at the Ruber International Clinic.
According to Hola it had been an "intestinal problem".

** hola: EXCLUSIVA: la infanta Pilar, operada de urgencia ** translation **

Wishing the Infanta a speedy recovery :previous:

Back
Top Bottom