The Infanta Margarita, the Late Infanta Pilar and Families: June 2014 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Baby Carlos turned 7 months and proud mother Maria shared that he's by now 71 cm big and weighs 8,400 kg:

** Post **

Yesterday, February 7, the Ruber International Clinic released a statement about Infanta Pilar's health condition - "the postoperative period is progressing favorably":

** Statement ** Hola article ** translation **

Yesterday, February 7, the Ruber International Clinic released a statement about Infanta Pilar's health condition - "the postoperative period is progressing favorably":

** Statement ** Hola article ** translation **

It must come as a relief to hear that the infanta is recovering well.

A question for members who speak Spanish: Why does the statement use both last names of the Infanta ("S.A.R. la Infanta Dña. Pilar de Borbón y Borbón") but only the first (I assume) last name of the doctors ("Fdo. Dr. D. Javier Nuño" and "Fdo. Dra. Dña. Mercedes Cuesta")?

It must come as a relief to hear that the infanta is recovering well.

A question for members who speak Spanish: Why does the statement use both last names of the Infanta ("S.A.R. la Infanta Dña. Pilar de Borbón y Borbón") but only the first (I assume) last name of the doctors ("Fdo. Dr. D. Javier Nuño" and "Fdo. Dra. Dña. Mercedes Cuesta")?

And why is she called "de Borbón y Borbón" instead of "de Borbón y Borbón-Dos Sicilias" ?

And why is she called "de Borbón y Borbón" instead of "de Borbón y Borbón-Dos Sicilias" ?

That is because Pilar's mother María de las Mercedes was "de Borbón", not "de Borbón-Dos Sicilias".

See for instance this Royal Decree issued in March of 1929:

Queriendo dar una prueba de Mi Real aprecio a las Serenísimas Señoras Princesas Doña Dolores, Doña María de las Mercedes y Doña María de la Esperanza de Borbón y Orleáns; […]​

It was her mother's half-brother, Infante Alfonso, who claimed to be the head of the royal house of the Two Sicilies in 1960 and began to call himself and his children "de Borbón-Dos Sicilias".

His sister and half-siblings, however, did not change their names. See for example the royal decree of 1987 regulating the titulature of the Spanish royal family:

2. Igual título y tratamiento recibirá la madre de Su Majestad el Rey, don Juan Carlos I de Borbón, Doña María de las Mercedes de Borbón y Orleans.

Infanta Pilar’s maternal grandfather, however, called himself Carlos de Borbón-Dos Sicilias y Borbón-Parma , if I am not mistaken. It is odd then that she and her siblings are referred to as “ de Borbón y Borbón” in Spanish documents.

Infanta Pilar’s maternal grandfather, however, called himself Carlos de Borbón-Dos Sicilias y Borbón-Parma , if I am not mistaken. It is odd then that she and her siblings are referred to as “ de Borbón y Borbón” in Spanish documents.

In all documents I have read that referred to Pilar's maternal grandfather, he was called "Carlos de Borbón y Borbón".

There are many such documents, but for example, see the Act of Birth of his daughter (and Pilar's mother) María de las Mercedes:

Acta de nacimiento y presentación de S. A. R. la Princesa de la Casa de Borbón que ha dado á luz la Serenísima Señora Infanta Doña Luisa Francisca de Orleans.

En la Villa y Corte de Madrid, en el Palacio de SS. A A. RR. los Serenísimos Señores Infantes Don Carlos de Borbón y Borbón y Doña Luisa Francisca de Orleans y Orleans, á 23 de Diciembre de 1910, […]​

In general, I cannot recall seeing any Bourbons called "Borbón-Dos Sicilias" or "Borbón-Parma" prior to the middle of the 20th century.

Last edited:

An update on Infanta Pilar: The Ruber International Clinic released another statement about her health condition today, February 20:

"The postoperative course continues to evolve favorably" so that Infanta Pilar will be discharged from hospital soon.

** Today's statement ** hola article ** translation **

Thank goodness the Infanta has been in hospital quite some time!

I’m happy to hear her health is improving after quite a lengthy stay in hospital. It’s also nice to see that she has the support of her children during this time.

On the arm of her son Don Fernando and with her daughter Doña Simoneta also with her,good news!

Maria with little Carlos support the International Day of Jacobsen syndrome on 28 February

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuLWaYAANbn/

Carlos is a beautiful baby! Interesting that she shared a post about Jacobsen syndrome - does she have any family links to the condition? As someone with a rare genetic condition, it's my experience that unfortunately people don't tend to know about them unless they have personal experience with them either through themselves or a close friend/relative.

Maria Zurita has participated this week as a famous guest (being paid for it) in a television program.

https://www.hola.com/actualidad/20190309138671/maria-zurita-pasapalabra/

Maria was one of the most respected nieces of Juan Carlos, because unlike the Gómez Acebo she had always been discreet and professional. But lately she has changed, she gives exclusive interviews to Hola and comments her life on Instagram ... and now she participates in a television program.

What so "undignified" her Gomez-Acebo cousins have done?
As far as I remember also Princess Madeleine, Princes Eugenie and from Maria Zurita's generation Princess Martha Louise have Instagram accounts.

Last edited:
The problem is not having an Instagram account, but the extent to which you expose your life or that of your children in it.

The Gomez Acebo have always been seen as people a little arrogant who in some way have taken advantage of their surname. When they were young they enjoyed the lives of rich children, they have not been exceptional in academics and some have had problematic businesses.

Bruno was involved in a scandal that came to court for the sale of the house of his grandparents, also ended up in court with his cousin Luis Alfonso for not paying the rent of a house. Beltrán is involved in another urban scandal for the promotion of an urbanization that was built in a protected place. Fernando has had several confrontations with the press, has sold his life to Hola and has been caught illegally using Royal House cards to park where he wanted. They and their mother have also appeared in investigations on accounts in tax havens.

On the contrary, the Zurita have always been more discreet. Alfonso is a totally private character, and until a few months ago Maria was not exposed so much in magazines and social networks. She is also a respected professional with a company dedicated to translations.

Probably the difference is due in large part to Carlos Zurita. A serious, discreet man, a doctor with an impressive academic record, who has always cared for his blind wife. A man with great interest in culture, who is currently the President of the Association of Friends of the Prado Museum and who created a cultural foundation with his wife.

Very interesting thread Lula.
Did Infanta Pilar late husband work for Baron Thyssen's Art Foundations ?

Very interesting thread Lula.
Did Infanta Pilar late husband work for Baron Thyssen's Art Foundations ?

The late Don Luis Gómez-Acebo was a close friend of Baron Thyssen and also a board member of the Thyssen Bornemisza Collection Trust.

:previous: He's a little cutie!

The problem is not having an Instagram account, but the extent to which you expose your life or that of your children in it.

The Gomez Acebo have always been seen as people a little arrogant who in some way have taken advantage of their surname. When they were young they enjoyed the lives of rich children, they have not been exceptional in academics and some have had problematic businesses.

Bruno was involved in a scandal that came to court for the sale of the house of his grandparents, also ended up in court with his cousin Luis Alfonso for not paying the rent of a house. Beltrán is involved in another urban scandal for the promotion of an urbanization that was built in a protected place. Fernando has had several confrontations with the press, has sold his life to Hola and has been caught illegally using Royal House cards to park where he wanted. They and their mother have also appeared in investigations on accounts in tax havens.

On the contrary, the Zurita have always been more discreet. Alfonso is a totally private character, and until a few months ago Maria was not exposed so much in magazines and social networks. She is also a respected professional with a company dedicated to translations.

Probably the difference is due in large part to Carlos Zurita. A serious, discreet man, a doctor with an impressive academic record, who has always cared for his blind wife. A man with great interest in culture, who is currently the President of the Association of Friends of the Prado Museum and who created a cultural foundation with his wife.

Interesting perspective; thanks for sharing lula. I haven't read many opinion articles on this side of the SRF since they don't seem to be mentioned much.

Lovely to see when little children and pets grow up together and get along so well:

** Video **

Little Carlos has turned nine months:

** Photos **

Maria took Carlos to the shrine Our Lady of Covadonga at Covadonga in the province of Asturias in north west Spain two days ago:

"As I promised you last year, my beloved Virgin of Covadonga, today I took my son Carlos to thank you for your life and for you to protect and guide him throughout it. I have no words to explain how important and exciting it was today. Thank you, Blessed Mother!" - Interesting to see the shrine and its surroundings, including the church:

** photos **

Back
Top Bottom