The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-19-2020, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Infanta Margarita also paid a visit to her niece in hospital.

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_es...as-hospital/1/

Old 01-20-2020, 09:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Simoneta Gómez-Acebo is discharged after hospital admission due to strong pneumonia.
https://www.hola.com/actualidad/2020...ta-hospitaria/

Old 01-20-2020, 09:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Wonderful news!
Old 01-20-2020, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Glad to hear that Doña Simoneta Gómez-Acebo has been discharged from hospital.
Old 01-30-2020, 02:59 PM
Administrator

Infanta Margarita as Honorary President and her husband Carlos Zurita attended a celebration marking the 40th anniversary of the British Hispanic Foundation in Madrid:

** Pic ** hola article **
Old 02-18-2020, 03:46 PM
Administrator

Simoneta and Beltrán Gómez-Acebo attended the Laureus World Sports Awards in Berlin, Germany, yesterday, February 17:

** hola: Simoneta y Beltrán Gómez Acebo, implicados con el mundo del deporte un mes después de la muerte de su madre **
Old 02-18-2020, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Nice to see Doña Simoneta and her brother Don Beltrán Gómez-Acebo getting back to normal after a sad couple of weeks for them.
Old 03-04-2020, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Simoneta Gómez-Acebo attended the funeral of Placido Arango in Madrid this evening, March 4:

** Pic ** josepgegundez.photoshelter gallery **
Old 03-04-2020, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Doña Simoneta Gómez-Acebo attended the funeral with Michael Smith,husband of the former US Ambassador to Spain James Costos
Old 03-17-2020, 09:32 AM
Administrator

María Zurita was pictured on her way to work yesterday - with a face mask due to the Corona virus risks:

** hola: María Zurita acude a su puesto de trabajo protegida con una mascarilla **
Old 04-11-2020, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Doña Simoneta Gómez-Acebo donated her late mothers wheelchair to the Ifema Hospital in Madrid following a call for donations from the Corona Pandemic.

https://www.abc.es/espana/madrid/abc....google.com%2F
Old 04-22-2020, 02:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

An interview with Simoneta Gómez-Acebo about the confinement, her plans and the King:

"I am confined since I returned from a trip that is when it started. I live with my children and here they are all," she tells us exclusively."

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencial...usiva_2553975/
Old 04-27-2020, 09:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Maria Zurita goes for a walk with her son Carlitos and tells how she is living the confinement.
https://www.hola.com/actualidad/2020...aseo-carlitos/
Old 04-29-2020, 02:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

A Happy sweet mama:

"Mi querido Carlos,

Today you are 2 years old! Two years in which you have filled us with joy, kindness and pure love. You enrich every minute of our lives and make us happy. You fill the heart of everyone around you and mine in particular.
I appreciate every second that I enjoy with you, each of your smiles, each of your steps. You can't make me happier. You're the best thing that ever happened to me, mouse. I love you"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_jhNgihrmc/
Old 06-03-2020, 11:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

María Zurita tells how King Juan Carlos is a year after his retirement from public life,
has also pointed out how much she feels the recent loss of Álex Lequio, with whom she was related. María has been able to speak to the family and has commented on how they are.

https://www.hola.com/actualidad/2020...y-juan-carlos/
Old 06-03-2020, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
María Zurita tells how King Juan Carlos is a year after his retirement from public life,
has also pointed out how much she feels the recent loss of Álex Lequio, with whom she was related. María has been able to speak to the family and has commented on how they are.

Is it common in Spain to be close to one's second cousin once removed? If not, it is interesting that the branches of the extended family remain close.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post

That's quite a stretch given that the only response the reporter got from her was 'he's great, thanks' (so, she didn't really tell anything at all).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Is it common in Spain to be close to one's second cousin once removed? If not, it is interesting that the branches of the extended family remain close.
My first thought was that a guy dying at age 27 would typically provoke a respons from almost any acquaintance; the fact that María both talked to Álex's mother and stepmother (his father's wife), however, suggests that they indeed know each other rather well. I don't think necessarily think that's because they are related but probably more because they move in the same circles?!

For those interested in their family connection:
* Alfonso XIII - Infanta Beatriz - Princesa Alessandra Torlonia de Civitella-Cesi - Alessandro Lecquio di Assaba - Álex/Alejandro Alfonso Lecquio García
* Alfonso XIII - Infante Juan - Infanta Margarita - María Zurita y Borbón
Old 06-03-2020, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The extended Spanish Royal Family seem to be close,most recently a lot of the various cousins attended the funeral of the Infanta Pilar,elder sister of King Juan Carlos.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:35 PM
Aristocracy

I have often wondered about the closeness of Royal families and their branches. I then figured out that they are close because of their status. Also people like farmers tend to be with farmers, teachers with teachers, lawyers with lawyers etc. People do this because of their common knowledge of a subject....they have other friends but a lot of people with the same interests will gravitate to each other. Also with Royals or Nobles or even Doctors and Lawyers, and others, they are very careful letting people into their inner circle so they and their wealth or career are not abused or taken for granted. That is JMO....
Old 06-03-2020, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Gómez-Acebo/Zuritas and Bourbon Dos Sicilias seem to be the closest cousins.

Tags
infanta margarita, infanta pilar