Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Infanta's are just so stunningly beautiful!!!

Completely agree and it is a pleasure seeing them growing up...... and I am looking forward how they will look as Young Ladies .... men´s hearts will be melting :wub:
BYe Bine

Sofia is going to be taller than Leonor, I think.

I think the the three youngest grandkids will be supertall. Sofia is supertall for her age, Leonor very tall, Irene Urdangarin is even taller than Leonor (they have the same age).

At the photoshoot the girls look stiff & uncomfortable with the cameras, its clearly visible that they are not used to such outings, its a forced outing, the SRF is succombing to the media pressure as the girls need to be shown in public at some point and cannot be hidden away forever. Other posters may think differently but to me they look completely instructed/romote controlled by their parents, like in Soller last year or other outings, holding hands all the time, never a wrong step, to me they lack any curiosity or activity that I'd expect from a child that age, instead following their parents with passive/bored/disbeliving faces. When I look eg at the Dutch girls, Norwegian or Danish kids at photoshoots, they behave naturally (the Norwegian or Danish kids even to the degree that they need to be disciplined by their parents) as if the cameras weren't there.

Fact is that being photographed will be their main purpose in life, and it is really unfortunate that - unlike in the Netherlands, Norway or Denmark, the Leonor & Sofia grow up in an 'unfriendly' public environment where its difficult to get them familiar with the public interest without exposing them to critizism or things they are unable to deal with because they are too young.

Last edited:
The girls are in a place not known with people who do not know, it is normal that they are inhibited in front of cameras. The visit lasted an hour and a half, and the cameras did not go inside the house. Some journalists said that the girls did not stop to ask questions to their parents, and take photographs.

There is a difference between doing a photo shoot in the garden of your house where the children are comfortable and can move freely than in a tourist spot or in a museum.

The Spanish press has proven to be quite disrespectful with the children of the Royal Family, and the parents must learn from bad experiences. The girls of the family, also Victoria and Irene, are more timid ... and they boys are the most mischievous... but all, as has been growing less they liked the press.

Felipe Marichalar was the first grandchild, the boy was fun and spontaneous, but also a naughty boy ... and unfortunately he will pay for it. At 15 years he shouts to the press, and the press responds ridicule him on television. His childish antics have become a stigma that will accompany him forever, and that the press use every time they have a chance.

Any mischief, any bad attitude ... is reproduced and multiplied by one hundred per certain media, and that leads to teasing at school.

I think it is great that the Prince and Princess have taught their daughters from small to behave well and be educated... and their life will be easier. Because they will be watched and judged all their life.

The girls are in a place not known with people who do not know, it is normal that they are inhibited in front of cameras. The visit lasted an hour and a half, and the cameras did not go inside the house. Some journalists said that the girls did not stop to ask questions to their parents, and take photographs.

There is a difference between doing a photo shoot in the garden of your house where the children are comfortable and can move freely than in a tourist spot or in a museum.

The Spanish press has proven to be quite disrespectful with the children of the Royal Family, and the parents must learn from bad experiences. The girls of the family, also Victoria and Irene, are more timid ... and they boys are the most mischievous... but all, as has been growing less they liked the press.

Felipe Marichalar was the first grandchild, the boy was fun and spontaneous, but also a naughty boy ... and unfortunately he will pay for it. At 15 years he shouts to the press, and the press responds ridicule him on television. His childish antics have become a stigma that will accompany him forever, and that the press use every time they have a chance.

Any mischief, any bad attitude ... is reproduced and multiplied by one hundred per certain media, and that leads to teasing at school.

I think it is great that the Prince and Princess have taught their daughters from small to behave well and be educated... and their life will be easier. Because they will be watched and judged all their life.

Well written. We can't compare these kind of photoshoots taken at a public place to a photoshoot taken in Gråsten. How would it look if the girls would be running around La Granja, when there are other people visiting the place? The press would in the next minute write that the infantas are badly raised and blame Letizia and Felipe for being bad parents.
Obviously Leonor and Sofia are very close and they are comfortable to walk hand in hand, which is very cute imo. Letizia and Felipe are also very natural with their children and they seem to have a very warm and loving atmosphere at their family.

Well said, lula. It's nice to see Felipe and Letizia are hands on parents, they have taught their daughters very well.
Mallorca is very hot, 11/2 hours tour for two 6-7 girls is a bit long, kids are kids, it's hard to show interest at every moment, in every picture. At the end, the girls were asked by the journalists if they liked the tour, they said they liked it.

Isnt it sad that a child is not being allowed to be a child? I read some comments about Felipe Marichalar where he is ridiculed as 'fat' or other kids are labelled 'bratty' because they have to be disciplined by their parents when they attend events, or very small children like the Danish twins start crying and people comment on bad parenting, gosh, what do people think, that royal children are some kind of supernatural human beings, this is reality and it should be accepted instead of training children to be fake and unnatural in public, always supercontrolled without any emotion.

I am really glad that both the Palma and the Lugo children will have an escape route, they can do what they want at some point, can move abroad and have a life where nobody knows or cares if they are grandchildren or nephews or nieces of the King of Spain, just have a normal life.

When I see Leonor & Sofia and the environment they grow up in, the media pressure / hostile environment towards the institution they will have to represent, I can only feel sorry for them, already from a young age not to be allowed to be who they are in public, drilled to perform to the pleasure of the media or public. Its a Jekyll & Hyde life, I wonder if Sofia will pull through this as she doesnt have to as spare, but will feel supportive of her sister, who has no way out.

I agree with you lula, of course everybody has the right to say their opinions, but my point of view is exactly the same as lula.

The Dutch and the Danish royal families do photosessions at their garden/houses in the summer, quite diferent from an open spot. And not all children like photoshoots like this, Elisabeth came to dislike a bit of this, and she was quite confortable before, but she's entering a dificult time in her life, being a teenager is not easy, because she became selfaware of herself, she isn't spontaneous in public outings where cameras are all around.

If someone has been following Leonor&Sofia since the early days, we would see pictures and videos about them getting fun,etc...Leonor was quite an active child in front of cameras when she was younger, but both girls are getting older and they're aware of the enviroment they're in, so they behave properly because they know the situation they currently have, both are not babies and toddlers anymore.

If I have children one day, I would like my kids to behave in public like Leonor&Sofia, royal or not, it's an embarrasment and disrespecteful to have your kid go beyond limits in public outings.

Last edited:
Isnt it sad that a child is not being allowed to be a child? I read some comments about Felipe Marichalar where he is ridiculed as 'fat' or other kids are labelled 'bratty' because they have to be disciplined by their parents when they attend events, or very small children like the Danish twins start crying and people comment on bad parenting, gosh, what do people think, that royal children are some kind of supernatural human beings, this is reality and it should be accepted instead of training children to be fake and unnatural in public, always supercontrolled without any emotion.

How is Leonor or Sofia not allowed to be a child ? Because neither one threw a tantrum, started screaming/crying loud at public events ? Some paparazzi pictures did show them nothing different from other kids of their age with happiness, excitement, tears and etc. Royal or not, I think all small kids should have been taught to behave. Kids need love, they also need to learn discipline.

Last edited:
How is Leonor or Sofia not allowed to be a child ? Because neither one threw a tantrum, started screaming/crying loud at public events ? Some paparazzi pictures did show them nothing different from other kids of their age with happiness, excitement, tears and etc. Royal or not, I think all small kids should have been taught to behave. Kids need love, they also need to learn discipline.

I'm only stating my opinion, no need to agree with me. I don't see anything natural in these family outings, to me it looks completely choreographed and overcontrolled.

I have never seen any royal kid at school age (after pre-school) acting out in public or throwing tantrums, sorry. Most of them look comfortable and natural in public, as if they wouldn't really notice the cameras. Having said that, most other royal kids are more present in public while the Spanish kids are seen maybe three, four times a year. I can understand where they are coming from, with the Dutch, Danes or Norwegians usually receiving a positive press and no vicious gossip, other than in Spain where you have to appear picture-model-perfect in front of the press.

I'm only stating my opinion, no need to agree with me. I don't see anything natural in these family outings, to me it looks completely choreographed and overcontrolled.

I have never seen any royal kid at school age (after pre-school) acting out in public or throwing tantrums, sorry. Most of them look comfortable and natural in public, as if they wouldn't really notice the cameras. Having said that, most other royal kids are more present in public while the Spanish kids are seen maybe three, four times a year. I can understand where they are coming from, with the Dutch, Danes or Norwegians usually receiving a positive press and no vicious gossip, other than in Spain where you have to appear picture-model-perfect in front of the press.

I agree with DOM, the Infantas seem like beautiful dolls with zero personality behind their perfect prettiness. But I the DOM in that the SRF would be criticized if the children were lively, especially in this climate.

I find it funny to complain that Leonor and Sofia are every parents' dream children: they know how to behave at a public place.
And I think that Felipe and Letizia are doing the right thing to take their children to photoshoot at public places, then they and their children can have everything else as very private. We, at least I don't have to know, how Leonor and Sofia are behaving and playing at the garden of Marivent.
Not allowed to be a child? To be a child also includes that the parents teach their children how they should behave in public.

Bekia has a big gallery from the summer holidays
Las vacaciones en la Familia Real Española en Mallorca 2013 Galería en Bekia

Last edited:
It's always interesting to see someone keeps complaints and speculate everything even a smile or not smile for not a second enough !! Back to the topic, I could only see a warm family enjoying their summer time and how beautiful appearance the girls are!!

Ok lets all agree to disagree and get back to the topic.

For me it was wonderful to see the Royal Family together,especially all the children as its a rare event of late.

The Crown Princes have no boy , could in Spain their first born daughter be Queen ?

Last edited:
I find it funny to complain that Leonor and Sofia are every parents' dream children: they know how to behave at a public place.
And I think that Felipe and Letizia are doing the right thing to take their children to photoshoot at public places, then they and their children can have everything else as very private. We, at least I don't have to know, how Leonor and Sofia are behaving and playing at the garden of Marivent.
Not allowed to be a child? To be a child also includes that the parents teach their children how they should behave in public.

Bekia has a big gallery from the summer holidays
Las vacaciones en la Familia Real Española en Mallorca 2013 Galería en Bekia
Thanks, that is exactly what I think.
I´m tired of this discussion over and over again, but no matter how many times people complain, my perception is always the same: for some people it´s just too hard to accept that their very disliked and awful Letizia has get the "every parents´dream children" (using your own words) and the loveliest of the little princesses. I understand it must be hard ;)

I saw the videos, how precious they are!!! I saw them lively inside the mansion, they were talking a lot, asking their parents with lots of questions and they truly love to take pictures with mommy's camera.

It's just that when the photographers and cameras are all around, they behave extremelly well, but when they are alone, they are more relaxed. I was the same, with family and friends I was so lively and mischievous but in public and with strange people I was so timid and quiet, I can totally relate to them.
And I don't think they are that controlled, well to behave properly yes, but other than that I think not, because last year at school's first day the reporters asked them several questions and Letizia and Felipe pressured them to answer, but they didn't want to and they didn't in the end, I remenber Letizia saying a funny remark about her daughters, it was so funny and cute!

People have their own opinion, some agree others disagree, but one thing I'm sure, poor girls will never get rest, if they behave they are robots, if they act lively and mischievous they have a bad behavior because of their parents bad education...

Last edited:
I absolutely agree with you. If a child has not learned the difference between being a boisterous playful kid and an appropriately behaved child at an official event (applies to both royal and regular folks) good luck to the parents when they become teenagers. Responsible parenting includes teaching the child that different environments allows and requires different behavior.

Leonor and Sofia are two lovely girls and certainly no outward indication that they are modeled into mini adults.

Interesting to see that Leonor now has pierced ears, but not Sofia. What is the tradition for pierced ears in Spain? I know in some Latin countries, girls' ears are pierced as infants. Perhaps Felipe and Letizia are making them wait until they are a certain age.

Interesting to see that Leonor now has pierced ears, but not Sofia. What is the tradition for pierced ears in Spain? I know in some Latin countries, girls' ears are pierced as infants. Perhaps Felipe and Letizia are making them wait until they are a certain age.
I think most baby girls have their ear pierced soon after their birth.
Some parents wait until the child is older, though.

Lovely to see the girls again. Maybe F&L should do a pose with their daughters in their backyard or somewhere familiar so the girls can be a little bit more relax and it can be enjoyable for them.

While they are very well behaved, they did seem a little stiff and unnatural to me. But they werent robots completely, Letizia at some point had to quickly cover Leanor's mouth and turn her head. you can see it better in the video, where Letizia cover's Leo's mouth and then touches Sofia's face too. Maybe Leo said something to her sister?:flowers:

http://cdn.glamour.es/uploads/images/thumbs/201332/posado_real_en_mallorca_320643525_683x1024.jpg

anyway, they girls are growing up so quickly

Lovely to see the girls again. Maybe F&L should do a pose with their daughters in their backyard or somewhere familiar so the girls can be a little bit more relax and it can be enjoyable for them.

While they are very well behaved, they did seem a little stiff and unnatural to me. But they werent robots completely, Letizia at some point had to quickly cover Leanor's mouth and turn her head. you can see it better in the video, where Letizia cover's Leo's mouth and then touches Sofia's face too. Maybe Leo said something to her sister?:flowers:

http://cdn.glamour.es/uploads/images/thumbs/201332/posado_real_en_mallorca_320643525_683x1024.jpg

anyway, they girls are growing up so quickly

They did a photoshoot for Letizia's 40th birthday at their house I believe and the girls did look relaxed and happy. I think it's right that the girls are a bit wary/shy in front of camera's. It goes to show they are being raised out of the limelight and not in front of camera's.

They did a photoshoot for Letizia's 40th birthday at their house I believe and the girls did look relaxed and happy. I think it's right that the girls are a bit wary/shy in front of camera's. It goes to show they are being raised out of the limelight and not in front of camera's.

Yes, maybe F&L should do the photo shoots near their home where the girls will be more happy and relaxed. :flowers:

And while its nice that they are growing up outside the limelight, they wont be able to for long, since Leonor is first in line after her father. she is the heir's heir and will need to get more familiar with the limelight, so she wont be so shocked when the time comes :)

Back
Top Bottom