Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2011-2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Leonor has known how to 'behave' in the public since very small. The way she moves, smiles, waves is exactly like her grandma Sofia, she is already a little queen :), I remember articles said that even Felipe was very surprised Leonor had always been so calm without fear.

I agree with you DUKE of MARMELADE. Those are gorgeous children, but compared to other royals (even the Queen´s young grandchildren) whenever they appear they seem remote controlled. There is very little spontaineity in their little faces. Sofia is of the two the more spontaneous (again within her limitations). I´d like to see them as we see the Norwegians, the Belgians, the Danish, running around and even sometimes mischevous. After all they are children.

Infantas' children had rarely looked comfortable in the family photo sessions, much less than Leonor IMO. They were at the public places with dozens of photographers and crowds, what should they do ? Running around, riding bikes in the crowd or throwing the balls ?

Leonor has been trained very well, she has the talent to be as good an actress as her grandmother Sofia. She seems to be very controlled and can do both coldness and warmth, just like grandma. Not a bad feature for a future queen. Sofia jr. seems to be far more emotional and if one of those sisters is in danger of going off the rails at some point, my guess is that it will be Sofia jr., she's got some temperament and I would expect her to revolt against the system, while Leonor will be the one to save face at all cost, a la Sofia sr.

What I meant with remote-controlled is that these girls are completely trained to act in public. They are always firmly controlled by their parents, always grabbing them by their hands, never giving them some space to show some individuality (probably because it would be critizised the next day).

The other RFs do similar shots to play happy family for image reasons, but they do it in a far more relaxed way, giving the kids some space (danish, dutch). Amalia & Christian are the same age as Leonor and we see them in far more "normal" situations and far more relaxed with the media, being allowed to present themselves as the individuals they are. In that respect, I find the Spanish Infantas just bland because in public they are just acting out as told by their parents.

Last edited:
Once again I agree with you, Duke of Marmelade. The Infantas are lovely well-behaved girls. What I think is lacking is exactly to see them more relaxed, more natural and that doesn´t mean they have to be "naughty" or badly behaved.
The Infantas children might not have loved to be photographed, but we´ve been able to see them having fun at the beach, interplaying with their parents and grandparents.

Oh, how difficult is is to be royal!!! If your kids actually behave themselves in front of tens of camera people and blinding flashes, they are deemed to be remote controlled, if they do not you are a bad mother/father!

Can't we be just glad to get these lovely snapshots of the Asturias?

Agree with you,we don't see the little Infantas that often and this was indeed a nice treat.

Tonight is the farewell dinner with the balearic authorities.

Article with timeline of 2012 who was in the island when.
http://www.vanitatis.com/casas-reales/2012/08/08/comienzan-las-vacaciones-mas-amargas-del-rey-20054/

Gallery Farewell Dinners and changing participants 2011-2007
Las cinco ltimas cenas de la Familia Real en el Palacio de la Almudaina

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/...Mallorca/20060828_FarewellDinner/b71e415b.jpg

2005 - Letizia pregnant with Leonor
http://cdn.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=187239&d=1125405363

I never thought I'd say this but I am looking forward to a pyjama outfit of Queen Sofia, I miss those crazy outfits!!!

Last edited:
Leonor has been trained very well, she has the talent to be as good an actress as her grandmother Sofia. She seems to be very controlled and can do both coldness and warmth, just like grandma. Not a bad feature for a future queen. Sofia jr. seems to be far more emotional and if one of those sisters is in danger of going off the rails at some point, my guess is that it will be Sofia jr., she's got some temperament and I would expect her to revolt against the system, while Leonor will be the one to save face at all cost, a la Sofia sr.

What I meant with remote-controlled is that these girls are completely trained to act in public. They are always firmly controlled by their parents, always grabbing them by their hands, never giving them some space to show some individuality (probably because it would be critizised the next day).

The other RFs do similar shots to play happy family for image reasons, but they do it in a far more relaxed way, giving the kids some space (danish, dutch). Amalia & Christian are the same age as Leonor and we see them in far more "normal" situations and far more relaxed with the media, being allowed to present themselves as the individuals they are. In that respect, I find the Spanish Infantas just bland because in public they are just acting out as told by their parents.

I tend to blame it on the relentless Spanish press. Look at how their mother is treated by that press, and for what exactly? Letizia has also been on both sides of that press, so she knows it only too well. I also think she knows that females are given a harder time by press and public. I wonder if they would feel the need to be so protective of sons from this very same press - I guess we will never know.

I never thought I'd say this but I am looking forward to a pyjama outfit of Queen Sofia, I miss those crazy outfits!!!

I can't say I'm looking forward to them, but it does amuse me. Queen Sofia is usually so tastefully dressed that I'm always amazed when she wears her flowered pajama outfits. It make me wonder if this is her REAL taste in clothing, while her official clothes are picked out by her clothing designer or personal dresser. Perhaps it is an island thing, like those Mallorca shoes they wear when they visit.

Last edited:
Tonight is the farewell dinner with the balearic authorities.

Hope Her Majesty doesn't disappoint you ;)

The mini royals Leonor and Sofía are really cute and they are getting a taste of protocol, eh???;)

LadyFinn said:
Photos
Gallery from Daylife

http://images.mujer.es/cms/spanish-royals-attend-official-dinner-with-authorities-in-palma-de-mallorca/2012_8_9_sazWG3zl2KG3awurwLShy2.jpg?width=567&height=467&type=flat&id=aLKeefLl33DTuZNTT9ezS5&time=1344479589&project=mujer
http://images.mujer.es/cms/spanish-royals-attend-official-dinner-with-authorities-in-palma-de-mallorca/2012_8_9_cEDRFRDDtLJV4dDn1fTBq7.jpg?width=567&height=467&type=flat&id=DOeDohUxaItRWS18LOXVc2&time=1344479593&project=mujer
http://images.mujer.es/cms/spanish-royals-attend-official-dinner-with-authorities-in-palma-de-mallorca/2012_8_9_rLbOjW34Pm6X9sGpPRV9Z2.jpg?width=567&height=467&type=flat&id=f9XhQ3aQxAX1V4ULKazQh6&time=1344479593&project=mujer
http://images.mujer.es/cms/spanish-royals-attend-official-dinner-with-authorities-in-palma-de-mallorca/2012_8_9_R7B6b6FUle4GU3KxcM9Ek4.jpg?width=567&height=467&type=flat&id=h3XgSmsNBj8sd12hmWQLN1&time=1344479595&project=mujer
http://images.mujer.es/cms/spanish-royals-attend-official-dinner-with-authorities-in-palma-de-mallorca/2012_8_9_XydnECrOiUIjDnIvWGZ4y4.jpg?width=567&height=467&type=flat&id=xerBKvufDU1A8CTuXArBN&time=1344479708&project=mujer
http://images.mujer.es/cms/spanish-royals-attend-official-dinner-with-authorities-in-palma-de-mallorca/2012_8_9_LmfM4odomEeA4DImopvyQ.jpg?width=567&height=467&type=flat&id=AaHxpSmE0AAImTv36gzm8&time=1344479591&project=mujer
http://images.mujer.es/cms/spanish-royals-attend-official-dinner-with-authorities-in-palma-de-mallorca/2012_8_9_KmjfKAT1aDKJvrzogkUA14.jpg?width=567&height=467&type=flat&id=xyVtctplLH2WGul2xFE9Y&time=1344479591&project=mujer

Very nice pictures !
It looks like Queen Sofia has done something to her teeth, they look allot whiter.
Would the little Infantas stay with their grandmother in Palma while their parents fly to London ?

According to this article, prince Felipe flies to London today, he will attend the final of women's water polo Spain - USA. Princess Letizia and surprisingly also queen Sofia will travel to London later (a change to the original plans, the queen was supposed to attend only at the opening). The exact time when they arrive has not been given. They will all stay in London until the end and attend the closing ceremony.
El príncipe viaja hoy a Londres para asistir a la final de waterpolo femenino - Terra España
Google translation

Prince Felipe and his girls on track for a great summer - hellomagazine.com

Söta prinsessor på vift | Svensk Damtidning
Google translation

Last edited:
According to this article, prince Felipe flies to London today, he will attend the final of women's water polo Spain - USA. Princess Letizia and surprisingly also queen Sofia will travel to London later (a change to the original plans, the queen was supposed to attend only at the opening). The exact time when they arrive has not been given. They will all stay in London until the end and attend the closing ceremony.
El príncipe viaja hoy a Londres para asistir a la final de waterpolo femenino - Terra España
Google translation

Prince Felipe and his girls on track for a great summer - hellomagazine.com
Which means no more Leo and Sofi pics this summer?:verysad:

They are indeed sweet girls.

Sofia (the youngest, correct me if i'm wrong) has a very serious expression in her eyes that I find fascinating. Not that I believe she's unhappy, she's certainly capable of smiling and often! - Wonder what she is thinking?

Back
Top Bottom