Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2011-2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lula

Imperial Majesty
Country
Spain
The plans of the King are not closed and everything will depend on the recovery of his knee.

The Queen will arrive to Mallorca in the next days, and it is possible that also the Infantas.

The Asturias family will arrive at the end of month because the Prince travels to Peru on July 28.

The Cup of the King will be from August 1st to 6th, and the Prince of Asturias will participate.

The family will have to be in Madrid from August 18 to August 21 for the Pope´s visit.

El Papa marca la agenda real - Diario de Mallorca

Google Traductor

Las vacaciones ms improvisadas de la Familia Real

Some more information from this article:

- Before the Pope visit, some family members are likely to return to Majorca to do the annual goodbye dinner with island authorities
- Cristina will have to return to the US quite early because of school start in Washington
- Elena will need to prepare Victoria's stay at a boarding school in England, following into her brother's footsteps

As Letizia said last year in public, she doesnt consider the stay in Majorca as "vacation", I guess as usual the Princes will leave to an undisclosed destination most likely after the King's Cup has taken place.

As Letizia said last year in public, she doesnt consider the stay in Majorca as "vacation", I guess as usual the Princes will leave to an undisclosed destination most likely after the King's Cup has taken place.
And have a real vacation, private family time without paparazzies... good for them!

So Victoria will study in England too? Poor Elena, both kids so far away.

Duke - Do we know that it is Letizia alone who feels that Majorca is not a vacation, and not the rest of the RF, mainly the King and Queen, and Prince Felipe?
Yes, Letizia made a comment to this effect during a private conversation which that woman leaked to cause some damage to Letizia. ( As an aside, she had to retract and run away next day. I gather this woman thinks only royalty should marry royalty and was not a fan of Leti. Her name escape me presently.)

But how do we know that Letizia was not echoing a familial sentiment as the King, Queen do escape to other destinations too. So Letizia did not start this trend.

I am sure you did not mean it, but your comment read as passive aggressive put-down of Letizia when none was warranted.

If it was not, my apologies:flowers:

Last edited:
Duke - Do we know that it is Letizia alone who feels that Majorca is not a vacation, and not the rest of the RF, mainly the King and Queen, and Prince Felipe?
Yes, Letizia made a comment to this effect during a private conversation which that woman leaked to cause some damage to Letizia.

But how do we know that Letizia was not echoing a familial sentiment as the King, Queen do escape to other destinations too. So Letizia did not start this trend.

I am sure you did not mean it, but your comment read as passive aggressive put-down of Letizia when none was warranted.

If it was not, my apologies:flowers:

Letizia's statement was quoted in the article I was referring to. I dont think any family member particulary enjoys the Majorca stay & fuss that is going with it but saying so in public is a different matter. I dont think that comments royals make when visiting media outlets and speaking to the employees there can be considered "private" therefore it was an unfortunate event.

My memory is perhaps faulty. But wasn't it some aristocrat who leaked this private conversation to the press, and not a comment that Letizia made to a member of press. I may be wrong. But I do recall a tempest in a teapot when a duchess of something or other, made the comment to the press that Letizia should put up with press intrusion and shutup. The next day she had to retract and leave the island.

My memory is perhaps faulty. But wasn't it some aristocrat who leaked this private conversation to the press, and not a comment that Letizia made to a member of press. I may be wrong. But I do recall a tempest in a teapot when a duchess of something or other, made the comment to the press that Letizia should put up with press intrusion and shutup. The next day she had to retract and leave the island.
Doa Letizia: Esto son vacaciones privadas? - ABC.es
"Hoy a las infantas les toca abuela" | Yo Dona

I think it was a comment to a journalist, something that cannot considered "private".

The translation to this phrase of Princess Letizia: "Are these private vacations ?"when she was asked a question by the press.

Letizia's statement was quoted in the article I was referring to. I dont think any family member particulary enjoys the Majorca stay & fuss that is going with it but saying so in public is a different matter. I dont think that comments royals make when visiting media outlets and speaking to the employees there can be considered "private" therefore it was an unfortunate event.

Not sure whether I would enjoy Majorca as "private holidays" if you have 100 photographers around you every day, watching every step and commenting every face expression. Being present so much on the "silver tablet" day and night .... So it is a kind of "no holidays", Letizia is right...

I think, thy are making it right, staying in Majorca for some days, posing for the photographers, presenting the infantas and then flying out to a unknown destination to have their peace and real relaxiation.

BYe Bine

Not sure whether I would enjoy Majorca as "private holidays" if you have 100 photographers around you every day, watching every step and commenting every face expression. Being present so much on the "silver tablet" day and night .... So it is a kind of "no holidays", Letizia is right...

I think, thy are making it right, staying in Majorca for some days, posing for the photographers, presenting the infantas and then flying out to a unknown destination to have their peace and real relaxiation.

BYe Bine

absolutely!

How great to see Infanta Elena and her children in Mallorca. I hope soon we´ll see Infanta Cristina and her brood.

How great to see Infanta Elena and her children in Mallorca. I hope soon we´ll see Infanta Cristina and her brood.

Their children all look so happy together,pity they all live so far apart.Hope they all have a wonderful holiday & reunion.

Yes, AN ARDI, those cousins together, are a joy to watch!I hope we´ll be lucky to see lots of photos of them this summer.

Yes, AN ARDI, those cousins together, are a joy to watch!I hope we´ll be lucky to see lots of photos of them this summer.

That would be great,always nice to see the Infantas & their families.

The Infanta Elena´s two children are demonstrating they are true Borbons, for they enjoy sports like their mother, uncle, aunt and grandfather. It´s great to see them so happy in Mallorca for their holidays.

I am very happy to see little Irene in Mallorca. She has grown so much and its nice she gets along so well ith her cousins Marichalar. Now, I´m sure we´ll get some photos of the boys as well.

I love the one of Victoria and Irene holding hands. So cute! Thanks lula!

Thank you, Lula, for sharing lovely photos!:flowers:
Irene has grown a lot since the last time.

Back
Top Bottom