Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2011-2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The media will never be happy, won't they ;););)
Now they are complaining because the official photographer of Copa del Rey organisation had the best ankle to get the most expensive shot of the summer for now - the kiss of the Princes :whistling:
El beso de los Prncipes de Asturias pone en pie a los medios grficos

Yes, I read that in the morning, and laughed. They are angry because no one informed that Letizia was coming. And when she came, they ran after her to the yacht Club, and obviously didn´t manage to get near the Hispano in time. :lol:

Yes, I read that in the morning, and laughed. They are angry because no one informed that Letizia was coming. And when she came, they ran after her to the yacht Club, and obviously didn´t manage to get near the Hispano in time. :lol:

They do not want to be near, they want to be on board... perhaps some paparazzi or journalist should fall into the water to think clearer :ROFLMAO:. The press gains a lot of money this week, while they enjoy sun, beach and ships ... they must work a little :whistling::whistling:.

The Infanta Cristina´s children, Pablo, Miguel and Irene look delighted to be near their uncle Felipe and their grandmother in those pictures from a magazine.

Infanta Cristina did not compete today, she went shopping with Princess Letizia and Maria Zurita.

Thanks lula. I hope the information of Princess Letizia and the young Infantas flying with the King to Mallorca and this shopping trip with her sister-in-law puts an end to all those rumours of Letizia hating all her in-laws but the Queen, the King and the Infantas hating Letizia and not wanting to see her...Unfortunately, I know there's people who are proved wrong again and again but just don't care.
:bang:

I think regardless of personal preferences the SRF is now behaving like they should have done in the past years since the behaviour of the SRF (not showing up in Mallorca as a family unit, presence usually devided between Infanta families & Asturias families, Cristina visibly showing her annoyance when standing next to her SIL etc) has made a major contribution to the rumour mill and finally getting it out of control. The family discipline that has returned this year has been lacking in the past years.
Given from what we have seen in the past I am sure there was substance to the rumours that certain family members didnt get along, something that occurs in most "normal" families as well, but there was no need to demonstrate the differences in public what is bad for the image of the SRF.
Seems that this has finally sunk in with everybody and things have cooled down at the same time, everybody has found and secured the position within the family they aimed for and are happy with (Cristina abroad, Elena divorced, the Asturias couple taking the limelight).

Last edited:
Letizia, Cristina and Maria Zurita also visited the exhibition of photographer Steve McCurry.
It´s nice to see everyone in the SRF getting along, their body language is quite relaxed.
But didn´t Penafiel (or someone else) write that Elena didn´t come to the Club Nautico on Tuesday, because she is envious to Letizia of all the attention she gets when she shows up?
Letizia y Cristina, de paseo por Palma - Diario de Mallorca
Photos:
http://fotos01.diariodemallorca.es/...4_IMG_2011-08-04_18:04:47_princesainfanta.jpg
http://fotos02.diariodemallorca.es/...1-08-04_IMG_2011-08-04_18:16:20_lorenzo_3.jpg

i find this a bit incredible. spain is on the verge of default and the spanish royals are seen holidaying as if nothing happened. the president was about to do the same for a whole month, thank god that someone warned him of the image that would cause and he cancelled the holiday. i still can't believe my eyes.

i find this a bit incredible. spain is on the verge of default and the spanish royals are seen holidaying as if nothing happened. the president was about to do the same for a whole month, thank god that someone warned him of the image that would cause and he cancelled the holiday. i still can't believe my eyes.

We don´t know how long the holiday of SRF is, at least they are breaking up the holiday when going back to Madrid due to the visit of the Pope. The agenda of SRF at August is still not published.
And everyone, who is working, including presidents and royals (who work as much as the SRF), needs a holiday once a year. By spending a part of their holiday in Mallorca they promote the tourism to the island.

Last edited:

Well I can see it from both sides, I can see that it might be a little insensitive to go on vacation when the country is going through a hard time, on the other hand from what I have seen the SRF doesn't go on too many vacations throughout the year and they work very hard so a little relaxation I think is deserved. Plus I think the Spanish people like to see them in every year in Majorca and probably would not like if they had cancelled.

The only part of the Spanish economy growing is tourism. Mallorca is more than happy with their presence and the publicity they get, the press is always complaining how they don't do enough to promote the tourism in Spain...:rolleyes: If they hadn't gone, they would have been heavily criticised.
I haven't seen anything or anyone bothered about this holiday here in Spain.

They are only going to spend two weeks at the most in Mallorca, as other posters have pointed out it's their only "long" (and public) vacation during the year and the real problems didn't start until yesterday when the risk premium escalated due to foreign problems and situations, and they were already in Mallorca. If they had packed and rushed back to Madrid it would have looked as if the country is ready to collapse and that's the last thing the politicians want the country to believe. They are, however, perfectly aware of what is happening and the King made yesterday an "speech" on this.

Carlota, the Royal Family is where they must be now, they continue in Spain and the King continues supporting political contacts, Marivent continues being an office of work in summer.

If the King was returning running to Madrid this week, the only thing that it would provoke is speculation and distrust ... that is what less is needed. If they leave the Balearic Islands they would create an alarm that would be more negative than positive.

The first week of August is not only vacations ... it is a tradition that is 30 years old, and is a whole campaign of support to the tourism that is one of the bases of the Spanish economy. The islands are full of tourists, famous people, journalists... on today, the work of the Royal Family is to create and sell an image of calm and confidence.

Letizia, Cristina and Maria Zurita also visited the exhibition of photographer Steve McCurry.
It´s nice to see everyone in the SRF getting along, their body language is quite relaxed.
But didn´t Penafiel (or someone else) write that Elena didn´t come to the Club Nautico on Tuesday, because she is envious to Letizia of all the attention she gets when she shows up?

As everything Peñafiel and all his "friends" have been saying for years doesn't look like the truth for the nth time he needs to take up another cause. :rolleyes:

Elena avoids the press as much as she can, she's sending both of her children to study out of Spain so they can live without the media attention and has even been filmed and photographed shouting at journalists and paparazzi to leave her alone(and I think insulting them too). I'm sure she's soo jelous of the media attention Letizia gathers :ROFLMAO:

As everything Peñafiel and all his "friends" have been saying for years doesn't look like the truth for the nth time he needs to take up another cause. :rolleyes:

Elena avoids the press as much as she can, she's sending both of her children to study out of Spain so they can live without the media attention and has even been filmed and photographed shouting at journalists and paparazzi to leave her alone(and I think insulting them too). I'm sure she's soo jelous of the media attention Letizia gathers :ROFLMAO:

Yes, I know that Penafiel is lousy and ridiculous, I just pointed out that when they can´t write that Letizia and Cristina don´t get along, they move to the relationship of Letizia and Elena...
Felipe und Letizia auf Mallorca: So urlauben die spanischen Royals

La princesa y doña Cristina visitan en Palma la muestra del fotógrafo McCurry - ABC.es - Noticias Agencias
Here´s the website of photographer Steve McCurry, whose exhibition Letizia, Cristina and Maria Zurita visited.
Steve McCurry
He takes fantastic photos, I would like to see his exhibition too.

Last edited:
I think for the first time in years the SRF gives a untied & committed image during their stay in Mallorca, as if they had learned from the mistakes of the past when they were either absent, seemed forced and avoided each other.
The SRF are kind of victims of the special circumstances of the past decades and therefore expected to show presence by sailing, shopping and supporting the industry (its a duty and nothing that is done volutarily), unlike other royals, who fool around in foreign countries on yachts or beaches or are out of sight for six weeks while their countries suffer from recession (the SRF would most likely do the same if only their history was similar to other more stable & longstanding monarchies).

There are nice moments of Letizia with Victoria and Irene in this video which show that the girls are very comfortable with their aunt. If they didn`t know her well and didn`t like her, they would not react in this way. And by the way, I often praise Leonor and Sofia and how pretty and well-behaved they are, but Irene and Victoria deserve the same praise. Lovely girls :flowers:

It is not like they are spending their holiday in another country. The appears to be still working as if he were still in Madrid.

Felipe looks good in this shirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
it's true...Felipe looks good in anything.

I agree with all of you that said the SRF is doing the right thing in staying in Mallorca and not rushing back to Madrid.In a time like that serenity is one of the crucial factors and by staying they are signaling this to the people of Spain. After all, tourism is one of the best bets for Spain - it´s always beneen thus. The Royal Family are admired and their presence makes many people want to be in Mallorca which is good for the economy and brings money to Spain.

Back
Top Bottom