Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Felipe was in Ecuador.
Yes I know:ermm: but I was wondering if he came back at Palma or if they met in another place for private holidays because they are used to have private holidays as well and come back at palma at the end of august.

i read that felipe and letizia may also go to other spanish towns for the summer holidays, so they may be elsewhere enjoying some private time. they also mentioned how they might visit asturias to see letizia's family, but those may be rumours.

La fila 5 de Leonard Cohen - Actual - Diario de Mallorca
Infantas Elena, Cristina and Iñaki arrived together at the concert, accompanied by Kyril and Rosario Nadal of Bulgaria. The Dukes of Palma drew attention because of their disparate attire: he, as if coming right from kite-surfing, while she was impecably elegant.
Not all of them satayed at the concert for three hours. The Duchess of Lugo went home during the time-out break.

The boys seem really good at the water skiing, I wonder if they practice some other time than the summer holiday.
It seems the Cp family have been keeping out of the spotlight for a few days, I wonder if what Carlota read about them visiting other parts of Spain is from reliable sources. It would be interesting to see where they decided to go.

Yes this article says that the crown prince family are not in the asturias like many has thought they were but they are spending holidays in Miami and Jamaica.

It also says that Cristina and her family will definitively move to Washington on the 20th of august.

But of course those information are only rumours because we don't have proof that Felipe and Letizia are in Jamaica or Miami. The only thing that is certain is that they're not in Palma.

If the news is true, very likely Felipe didn't return to Spain after the Ecuador trip, instead he met Letizia and the girls in Miami, then went to Jamaica.
When Felipe was single, he usually travelled abroad with his friends after the King's cup, so it's very likely the Asturias are not in Spain now.

La princesa Letizia se interesa por los diseños de Higinio Mateu - Comunitat Valenciana - Levante-EMV
Princess Letizia met designer Higinio Mateu and his partner at the delivery of the trophies of the Copa del Rey. Letizia was interested in their work and asked where their workshop was.

Some at least for me unseen photos from the delivery of Copa del Rey from Bruno Press here
Foro Hispanico de Opiniones sobre la Realeza: Fotos de la entrega de trofeos de la Copa del Rey de vela

There´s something in this video about the Kings and the Princes with the Infantitas on Fortuna
Paseo 'real' en el 'Fortuna'. diariovasco.com

Last edited:
So they are still in Palma according to the last video you have posted! But I guess with the terrorists attacks that happened on the island, security and especially for the royals must have been stronger so it might be hard for photographers to be able to follow the family...

Anyway, hope to see some pics!!

Two hours ago I came back from Mallorca and I have to say that it was a wonderfoul week!!!! I arrived last Saturday at Mallorca, where I stayed at Paguera, not far away from Palma. On Sunday the second terrorist attacts took place. On Monday the weather was not so good... so we decided to go to Palma for a little shopping tour. And than the biggest suprise ever... as we walked down the street Jaume III I saw some photographers infront of a shop. A few minutes later Sofia, Cristina and Elena came out of the shop. It was so great. They get a lot of applause from the passerbies. It was a great sign to show what they think about the attacts. And a very touchable moment: At Palma the three Ladies met the mother of Diego Salva, one of the policeman who died in Palmanova. Sofia offers her condolence and spoke with her. Around them it was completle silent.

On Tuesday we make a little tour around the island. I get the change to take pictures of the Marivent Palace. I will upload them as soon as possible. It was great to see that the Royal Family didn´t barricade themselves. There were some policeman around the palace, but not more.

I also bought the spanish magazine SEMANA. There are a lot of beautiful pictures of Leonor, Sofia and the other grandchildren. A really love one picuter. It shows little Victoria with a pink T-Shirt. At the T-shirt you can read "My grandmother loves me very much and got me this shirt from Greece":).

Now i hope to see a lot of more pictures from the royal summer holiday. Hope to see some of Juan Carlos and Sofia together.

And at least I have to say that Queen Sofia looks much better in real then I ever thought:).

Thanks biathlon 22 for all the news. It must have been great to have seen the Queeen and the two Infantas and I applaud their attitude despite the terrorist attacks.
Unfortunately we don´t get Semana here in Brasil. My mouth watered wanting to see those pictures.
It´s not surprising what you say about Sofia. She is not as delicately sketched as Leonora, but I´m sure she´ll be a very pretty girl with a great personality.

a worth reading article, talks abot the queen and her daughters and the Cp couple.

Spanish Royal family defy Eta with their annual holiday to Mallorca

QUEEN SOFIA of Spain was shopping in Mallorca last week with her two daughters when she spotted Montse Lezaun, the mother of one of two policemen killed in a car bomb by Eta, the Basque separatist group, only a few days before... - Full Article

a worth reading article, talks abot the queen and her daughters and the Cp couple.

I heard that the spanish press has been comparing Queen Sofia's style of comforting the victims of latest terrorist attack with Letizia and Letizia was found wanting. This is after Queen met the mother of one of the victims when she and the Infantas went out shopping.

Could someone please give the details please! Why was Letizia found wanting?

I heard that the spanish press has been comparing Queen Sofia's style of comforting the victims of latest terrorist attack with Letizia and Letizia was found wanting. This is after Queen met the mother of one of the victims when she and the Infantas went out shopping.

What do you mean by found wanting?

I don't know what you meant either. I only saw them showing and praising the Queen and the Infantas were shopping and comforting mother of the victim they happened to see in the street, then they said that the Princes were not there, rather neutral, not a criticism.
The Princes can't be in every single event, when they were in Mallorca the whole last week, the Queen and the infantas were holidaying in Greece. Regarding their styles ? I haven't seen anyting about the comparison by the press (anyone ?). Lots of us have seen the whole family comforting the victims' families before, I don't see their styles differed. For whatever Sofia did, I doubt other members didn't do or couldn't do.

I don't know what you meant either. I only saw them showing and praising the Queen and the Infantas were shopping and comforting mother of the victim they happened to see in the street, then they said that the Princes were not there, rather neutral, not a criticism.
The Princes can't be in every single event, when they were in Mallorca the whole last week, the Queen and the infantas were holidaying in Greece. Regarding their styles ? I haven't seen anyting about the comparison by the press (anyone ?). Lots of us have seen the whole family comforting the victims' families before, I don't see their styles differed. For whatever Sofia did, I doubt other members didn't do or couldn't do.

By wanting I meant it was implied (perhaps indirectly) that Queen was very natural and empathetic when she talked to the mother, while Princess was more stiff.

I posed this question because I wanted to understand why certain sections of the press were saying that. I found her behavior to be impeccable based upon the clips and pics.

Or is it the fact that Letizia haters are yet again reading discontent where there is none?

By wanting I meant it was implied (perhaps indirectly) that Queen was very natural and empathetic when she talked to the mother, while Princess was more stiff.

I posed this question because I wanted to understand why certain sections of the press were saying that. I found her behavior to be impeccable based upon the clips and pics.

Or is it the fact that Letizia haters are yet again reading discontent where there is none?

I have not read not listened it in any site. The Queen and the Infantas met the mother of the deceased man in the street, and the Queen how she had not been in the funeral did not recognize her, and the own mother said in a newspaper that initially the Queen was a bit cold but that later she was agreeable. Of the Princess she did not say anything because the Princess was not there that day. Maybe someone said something to justify the escape of the Queen and the Infantas, and for it it is necessary to attack the Princess who is the one that remained in Mallorca facing the situation.

the absurdity of comparisons is getting to a new level :wacko:

after all the princes were there to do their usual duty (10 days pseudo-holiday and copa del rey) what cannot be said about queen sofia and the infantas who very handily used a family event as an excuse to enjoy themselves abroad.

upon return they, too, had to be seen and therefore "queen sofia and the infantas shopping in palma" is as staged as event as "princes of asturias taking a stroll to majorca cathedral". kind of a separate photoshoot, only modified to accommodate the current situation and to show their people that it is safe to stay on the island.

Irene is a really cute girl even if on that pic she doesn't look to be on a very good mood!

The queen must be sad that 4 of her grandchildren are going to leave Spain to go to the US! hope she's enjoying the last days with them!!

I would have loved to see the whole family together sharing a family event before Cristina and her family go away!

Certain sections of the press were saying that ? Where ? I haven't seen or heard any. Like Lula said, if some Letizia haters or fans of certain royals on the internet forums need to criticize others (ex. Letizia) in order to justify the holiday in Greece during the busiest regata week in Mallorca is not surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom