Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always look forward to seeing these vacation pictures every summer and these do not disappoint. They look so happy together, enjoying being together as a family. Beautiful!:flowers:

It's unfortunate and I'm surprised that especially Queen Sofia doesn't show more public support for Majorca in this situation. Usually they get the public vibe very well but not this time. The christening might have been planned a long time ago but due to the circumstances Queen Sofia could have cut her stay in Greece short, only focussing on the event on the 6th.

The infantas leaving the island as soon as the Asturias couple arrive, be it because of the media frenzy that is usually surrounding them or for other reasons, is not new but especially after the attack I would have expected more solidarity, in particular from the Queen.

This year the stay seems forced and is more or less reduced to another event on the calendar that requires their presence on the island, it has nothing to do anymore with the unconcern of previous years, and not only because of the events of last week. It seems that all members of the family have their own plans this year and Majorca is only squeezed in because it's too traditional to cancel it. I bet the Asturias couple can't wait to go elsewhere too whilst the King continues his working schedule at Marivent.
It's been fairly obvious that for a number of reasons the family vacations will be slightly different this year.

Considering that terrorists want people to change their lifestyles, staying in Mallorca would have been giving ETA what they want. The SRF should continue their plans unheeded, if that means travelling to Greece then so be it.

The photos today are lovely, the cathedral in Palma is a beautiful building and it's a nice change to see the young family there, rather than on a yacht somewhere.

Leonor and Sofia's dresses are so pretty, it's nice to see them decked out in such lovely little frocks, with their traditional Mallorcan shoes as well!

It's been fairly obvious that for a number of reasons the family vacations will be slightly different this year.

Considering that terrorists want people to change their lifestyles, staying in Mallorca would have been giving ETA what they want. The SRF should continue their plans unheeded, if that means travelling to Greece then so be it.

It appears to me as bad timing that some members of the SRF turn their backs on Majorca during a time when there has been a terrorist attack in combination with the worst economic downturn in recent years.

Maybe the fact that the struggling public will keep a jealous watch over the use of the SRF's favourite toy, the Fortuna, made the decision easy to move on to countries that offer a more convenient stay than Majorca with its stalking media people. Especially Cristina and her family come to my mind, they were already having none of it in the past two years.

What wonderful photos. The little girls, so pretty in their lovely dresses. Yes, it´s a shame that things have changed as far as the Mallorcan vacations are concerned, but not so long ago, the press were getting ready to moan about the Urdangarins and Infanta Elena and her children using the royal yatch. I think it was a good idea to go to Greece, since there is a genuine reason to be there.:flowers:

Agree wit the others, nice, relaxed family with two adorable girls who are so different:flowers:

Amazingly beautiful pictures!, thanks a lot for always sharing them!! :)
They are a gorgeous family, I love Letizia's dress!!, she's beautiful and seems very relaxed!! :) and the little girls' dresses are SO CUTE :wub: Leonor and Sofia are living dolls, waay to beautiful!! and of course Felipe as handsome as always, looks so proud of his princesses! It is a true joy to see a family like this.

are the 2 infantas wearing the madeira dresses given by the wife of the president of portugal in the photoshot, few minutes ago in white?

because i bought today a portuguese magazine where Maria Cavaco Silva says that she has given 2 little dresses with Madeira stuff that was given later to Letizia.

Leonor is so gorgous with her lovely smile.
http://www.diariodenavarra.es/actualidad/20090805/fotos/2009080521385711_640.jpg

Cristina hasn't been spending time in Mallorca during the King's cup week since her boat was out of the race 2-3 years ago. Elena used to go to Hampton this time of the year, I'm not surprised at all they are not in Mallorca right now. Life goes on after the ETA bombing, I don't think they should change their original plan. However Queen Sofia's absence is a little strange, perhaps she does have a 'mission' in Greece to try to get the Greek vote for Madrid to host the 2016 Olympics. I think she will be back for the award ceremony on Saturday.

Both Infantas are adorable! Leonor is so beautiful and Sofia looks like she definitely has a mischievous side. :lol:

are the 2 infantas wearing the madeira dresses given by the wife of the president of portugal in the photoshot, few minutes ago in white?

because i bought today a portuguese magazine where Maria Cavaco Silva says that she has given 2 little dresses with Madeira stuff that was given later to Letizia.

You meant the white dresses ? Very pretty. I would look good on adults too.

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Spanish+Royals+Attend+28th+Copa+del+Rey+Audi+iHUoFKdXljJl.jpg

Finally, we can see the two little girls. The family is so sweet and lovely, Leonor and Sofia are very beautiful and adorable. Want to see them more :lol:

It was about time they let them out we barely see them...

It's great that the 2 girls went to this concert with their parents!! it's a great evening for the whole family!!

rumour has it! such a nice anecdote, thanks for sharing. hopefully it will be confirmed at some point.

the girls are adorable, i loved both photo-opportunities - sofia is definitely ortiz and looks just like her grandpa. leonor i find looks quite a bit like letizia when she was her age.
this is quite a cute shot of sofia. nice to know they took them to the concert!

i wonder where letizia buys clothes for her daughters... they always look lovely in their dresses!

Thanks for the pictures. The little ones are soooo pretty in their white dresses. One can see that Leonora is already aware of the photographs - she is more serious now, but always so beautiful. Little Sofia, what a handful and I bet already has a mind of her own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom