Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My gosh, guys, give it a rest! Maybe, just maybe, there won't be a photoshoot this year because everybody is in a different country!! Or maybe they'll surprise us. We should probably get back on topic before the mods yell at us.

No ots extremely cute is what it is!

Well, I bet it won't be a photoshoot with all the family members. And in royals the family must be closer to the heir prince's . Anyway, have you seen king Juan Carlos' beautiful pictures with his grandchildren (Cristinas's children) in Mallorca? (while the queen Sophia, Cristina and Iñaki are in Beiging)

Surprises with Letizia's behavior. Or she gets closer with her in-laws, or she loses popularity even with her husband Felipe. Remember that the SRF offered a traditional close family imagen :wub:and since Letizia has appeared, things haven't gone well, especially with King Juan Carlos and Infantas Elena and Cristina:eek:.She can't manage yet the interest of the press and even her sister has been in the public eye for her accusations and complains against more than 50 medias in Spain!!:ermm:
And in the Olimpics some pictures showed the "happy couple" in not a happy chat. Something that wouldn't happen a year before. So, Letizia has to remember what the Spanish people expect from their princess:flowers:. I know she's intelligent but, How well prepared is she to be a princess?:cool:
Here the pictures in Beiging:
Well, you have your own opinion, but I certainly have mine and many more pictures to show the opposite. Letizia and Felipe, in my opinion seem extremely happy and it is a shame that some people are not happy about that situation. I get the vibes that the young cp are very well liked by most of the country (from an executive that travels there often, since I am not a citizen of Spain and don't know first hand) and the small number that don't like them, want them to fail (for some silly reason). Same all over the world -- can't please everyone. But, Felipe will be King someday and Letizia his Queen and even if not, they will still have wealth and be together. Good for them. And as far as not getting along with sister-in-laws ------ please give me a break.

I have a feeling there won't be a photoshoot this year. It seems that the relationship between Letizia and her sisters' in law, especially with Cristina, are not the greatest at this time. Cristina seems so happy and relaxed when she is alone with her family and her parents and sister, but if you see a pic of her and Letizia is near her, her face changes completely. As I stated earlier in this post, "it seems" to me. Only my opinion. I agree with Carla Rizzone's post.
Well, we all have our own opinion, but I had seven sister-in-laws (all with their own opinion on how I should run my marriage as they were all older than me) and when their advise wasn't taken they got the sulks -- too bad. I am sure that Felipe protects his wife like mine did me.

Well, I bet it won't be a photoshoot with all the family members. And in royals the family must be closer to the heir prince's . Anyway, have you seen king Juan Carlos' beautiful pictures with his grandchildren (Cristinas's children) in Mallorca? (while the queen Sophia, Cristina and Iñaki are in Beiging)
Will the world stop if there isn't a photoshoot? Heavens, give the family a break to do what they want when they want to do it. We can't run their lives.

The yearly official photo session hasn't been a tradition for the family. They only did it 3 times after the grandchildren were born. One was the year Forilan was born (he was the first grandchild of the Kings), then the last two years with the addition of Leonor and Sofia. Cristina didn't look like she enjoyed the photo sessions the last two years, plus Elena's pending divorce, I'm not surprised at all that there was no photo session this year.
I feel for Elena the most in all these photos. Really has to be hard on her and I could understand if that is part of the reason that a big deal isn't being made over all their "family happy photos" at this time. One can't expect Elena to be the fountain of smiles.

Since Juan Carlos anf Sophia became kings of Spain, they have had the tradtion of the "official summer pictures" with the kids. While they have been growing up the "tradition" continued until 1990. Since then the photoshoots in Marivent Palace (residence of the SRF) have been...irregulars. After 1990 there weren't any until 1995, when Jaime de Marichalar appeared for the first time. After that in 1996 and the last one in 1999 with Iñaqui and the cute one year old Felipe Juan Froilán (Elena's first son). Having all the family together is difficult. But a royal family is different from others. As I wrote above, the heir prince's wife "must" be closer to his in-laws than to her own family. It's a tradition matter. And as a matter of fact, I don't agree with that at all!!
Prince Felipe's children are supposed to be closer to the kings than even their cousins (the Infantas' children). They "belong" to the country. It's something old, but kings Juan Carlos and Sophia are very traditional. The queen is the only member of the SRF who has appeared with the princes this year in Mallorca. For the Spanish people, this is something...strange. And, where are Infantas Leonor and Sophia while Elena and Cristina's children are in Mallorca?
I would like to see Felipe as king of Spain. And I've been a fan of the SRF since I was 8 (when Juan Carlos became king of Spain). And I grew up as a fan of this lovely family. So, I don't "hate" Letizia. But I have followed the SRF for more than 30 years, so I can "feel" something happens. I wish I would be wrong!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a few pictures:
:wub:

Well, He is with Cristina kids, but looks soooooooooo unhappy and annoying by the children, well as always, he never had a nice face for the cameras, he always looks upset for some reason I don't know, thank God Princess Letizia wasn't there because those who fault her for the kings mood would have said that it was becaise of her.:whistling::rolleyes:

Ja Ja Ja. King Juan Carlos has a very "Borbón face". Actually, the word "facción-nariz borbónica" appears in The Spanish Dictionary of "La Real Lengua Española". And king Juan Carlos has a such borbonic face...

Well, carla rizzone times change and F and L's behavior can't be the same than the kings's, they are who they are, and they are going to run spain in their own way, I think make things different from what Jand S have done, isn't bad, is just that everything have to evolve and this times are more complicating than before.

And why do you say that C and L don't get along well??, as far as I know Letizia has been in every brithday party of Cristina's children this year, if there were something wrong going on, I'm sure Princess Letizia never would go to Crinstina's house.

As you said THIS was the first year Letizia went To Cristina's house with Leonor for Miguel's birthday. (The rumors that something went bad with L and C appeared in the summer 2005 when C asked her brother Felipe to host her in laws in the wing of Marivent where the princes of Asturias use to live during summer-At first Felipe said "YES" but after said "NO"-. Many people said that L got mad when knew Cristina's in laws were going to be at "her home". And she asked Felipe to deny his sister's request because she was pregnat from Leonor and she needed "peace")
The royal family "must" get along well. And I feel they're making an effort to support the monarchy. But it's not enough (yet). Spain has had a difficult history with its kings. That's why nobody knows what will happen after Juan Carlos' death.
And the kings' daughters are very close to their father, the king. It makes things a bit more difficult.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I wrote above, the heir prince's wife "must" be closer to his in-laws than to her own family. It's a tradition matter. And as a matter of fact, I don't agree with that at all!!
Prince Felipe's children are supposed to be closer to the kings than even their cousins (the Infantas' children). They "belong" to the country. It's something old, but kings Juan Carlos and Sophia are very traditional. The queen is the only member of the SRF who has appeared with the princes this year in Mallorca. For the Spanish people, this is something...strange. And, where are Infantas Leonor and Sophia while Elena and Cristina's children are in Mallorca?

Location wise, Felipe and his family are much closer to the Kings since they live next door to the Kings, working at the same Zarzula. There were many reports out there that Leonor and Sofia were taken to Zarzuela to meeting their grandparents, simply there were no paparazzis alllowed in Zarzuela :cool:. How mater how much one loves or respects his/her parents or in laws, nobody wants to spend 365 days with the parents or in laws, it's only human that after their duties in Mallorca (Felipe went sailing, Letizia and the girls as cheerleaders), Felipe and Letizia want some time away for themselves, this happened too when Felipe was single. On Elena or Cristina not showing up at the sailing events, that's their own issues (Elena's kids were with their father), not Princes'. There has been some talks in the media about Cristina's African trip, if this had happened to the Princes, the criticism would have been a lot harsher. Since Cristina now is so far away from the throne, whatever she and her family does is simply less important.

I would like to see Felipe as king of Spain. And I've been a fan of the SRF since I was 8 (when Juan Carlos became king of Spain). And I grew up as a fan of this lovely family. So, I don't "hate" Letizia. But I have followed the SRF for more than 30 years, so I can "feel" something happens. I wish I would be wrong!!

The dynamics of the family often changes after the siblings are all married, there is nothing to be surprised about. I see my brother less after he got married, having his own family, however I'm very happy that my brother finds his own partner, has his own life, I don't need to hangin on his life, desperately to be his confidant, of course my brother is not going to be King :lol:.

As you said THIS was the first year Letizia went To Cristina's house with Leonor for Miguel's birthday. (The rumors that something went bad with L and C appeared in the summer 2005 when C asked her brother Felipe to host her in laws in the wing of Marivent where the princes of Asturias use to live during summer-At first Felipe said "YES" but after said "NO"-. Many people said that L got mad when knew Cristina's in laws were going to be at "her home". And she asked Felipe to deny his sister's request because she was pregnat from Leonor and she needed "peace")
The royal family "must" get along well. And I feel they're making an effort to support the monarchy. But it's not enough (yet). Spain has had a difficult history with its kings. That's why nobody knows what will happen after Juan Carlos' death.
And the kings' daughters are very close to their father, the king. It makes things a bit more difficult.

Two years ago, Felipe, Letizia and little Leonor who was in the arm of her father had also gone to Miguel's birthday party, they even posed for pictures in the part.
I found the rumors of Letizia not letting Cristina's in-laws staying at the Princes' official residence was/is quite laughable, first it was Irene's baptism, now it becomes summer holidays in Mallorca. It's well known that the King would not let his 'commoner' in laws tag along any official holidays or official trips. Inaki's parents are well off, they certainly can afford their own lodging, if they are not, their son Inaki has made plenty of money to find a nearby luxury hotel for his parents, why would they want to stay at their daughter-in-law's brother's house ? :eek: Do you think Felipe would have made the same ridiculous request to ask Cristina to let Letizia's parents stay at Cristina's as-grand-as-a-palace house in Barcelona LOL :lol::lol:.

Well, we all have our own opinion, but I had seven sister-in-laws (all with their own opinion on how I should run my marriage as they were all older than me) and when their advise wasn't taken they got the sulks -- too bad. I am sure that Felipe protects his wife like mine did me.

Good for you. By the same token, so far I haven't seen Cristina having any 'MAGIC' at her brother's marriage as a few of her fans wished here :lol:. The person who is more relevant is Felipe's dear Mom Queen Sofia IMO, and the Queen and her daughter-in-law are obviously both smart enough to get along well for the sake of the man they love.

Well Prince Felipe looks very happy with Princess Letizia, that's a matter of feeling, he really seems very happy since he is with her.:whistling:

He never was so cheering before, he is since princess Letizia is in his life.

This is a biased opinion. I wouldn't say that Felipe was never happy before Letizia. He was very happy with Eva Sannum for many years.

:flowers::wub:King Juan Carlos has a soft spot for his Urdangarin grandchildren! And how cute to see Miguel with his arm around his Grandfather´s shoulders!

This thread is for the Official photoshoot in Marivent. This thread is NOT for discussing whether Felipe and Letizia are happy together or how the members of the Spanish Royal Family get along. Please stick to the topic.

Further arguments along this line will be deleted.

LadyK, Spanish Forums Moderator

Do you think the Royal Couple is going to cancel their vacations and return to Madrid after the horrible Plane Crash at Madrid Airport? :ermm:

Well I guess there will be a funeral ceremony in the next days for the victimes so Members of the royal family will be there I think

They probably will, EFE has just confirmed it's more than 100 deadth. Absolutely terrible!!

The number of dead seems to be increasing. Earlier I read reports of at least 20 deaths. What a terrible tragedy.

Yes I am absolutely shocked! Now they say it's around 150 people ... My prayers and thoughts are with the families of those who were at the wrong place at the wrong time ... anybody could have been in their position, absolutely terrifying! It's a national tragedy, I guess the SRF will come together soon as any other Head of State would do in the same situation. It reminds me of the concorde desaster, a similar tragedy where 113 people died in 2000.

I am sure that their majesties will be very present for the survivors and families of the victims of this terrible tragedy.

Do you know if the whole royal family will be there???

So they are to return to Mallorca after the funeral of the Madrid plane crash victims?

Since the photoshoot has been cancelled, this thread has been closed.

Spanish forum moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom