Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Galerías de imágenes

Don't tell me it's Sofia's bra that can be seen in picture 3. She is way too old to wear see-through blouses.

Yup it's her bra you see and it's not the first time she has done it. Two summers ago she also wore a see-through blue top showing her white bra in Mallorca at night, but of course no one criticized her in the press or even in forums like this. The Queen can get away with murder. Can you imagine if it was Letizia who wore something like that?

Yup it's her bra you see and it's not the first time she has done it. Two summers ago she also wore a see-through blue top showing her white bra in Mallorca at night, but of course no one criticized her in the press or even in forums like this. The Queen can get away with murder. Can you imagine if it was Letizia who wore something like that?

I remember these pictures and it was even more obvious. Showing the bra is unsuitable for any royal woman no matter what age or rank (of course it looks even more ridiculous on a 70+ year old).

I agree with Grevinnan. She looks lovely , kind, extremely caring with her grandchildren. For me, that´s the important matter.

I remember these pictures and it was even more obvious. Showing the bra is unsuitable for any royal woman no matter what age or rank (of course it looks even more ridiculous on a 70+ year old).

I'm not convinced that she was wearing a see-through blouse. Both instances were at night with cameras flashing. I've seen plenty of pictures of family and friends where you can see their bra even though their blouses were not see-through. The camera flash reveals a lot more than you'd like it to sometimes; although being Queen, she should have known this and worn a different material.;)

Let it also be said that I think Queen Sofia is the best royal grandmother, and like Carminha Stalker and Grevinnan, I think that it's her loving interactions with her grandchildren that were most important.

Let it also be said that I think Queen Sofia is the best royal grandmother, and like Carminha Stalker and Grevinnan, I think that it's her loving interactions with her grandchildren that were most important.

I don't know if she's the best but judged from what we can see she's certainly a benchmark for others. Sofia does a lot with her grandchildren in the public eye - maybe others don't - but it's so natural and warm and a proof that "going public" doesn't mean "showing off". I believe that she gains a lot of - maybe even most - joy and strength from her relationship with her grandchildren - ok there is her sister but her own children have grown up and focus on their own lifes and JC ... well, it's first and foremost about keeping the spanish monarchy alive, I guess.

Ladejesus I also think that Queen Sofía is the best royal grandmother. Sofia has always been a great woman, loving and warm. I suppose that this is due to the Mediterranean character that is less cold than in other countries.

any news from Letizia and the girls???

any news from Letizia and the girls???

i would imagine she would go and spend some time with her own family up in Asturias
Isnt it right that each year they spend some time in the middle of August with her relatives

Thanks for all of the pics, Lula! It looks like one of Rosario of Bulgaria's daughter's is also with the kids on the boat.

i would imagine she would go and spend some time with her own family up in Asturias
Isnt it right that each year they spend some time in the middle of August with her relatives

I can't recall they or she ever went to Asturias during the summer holidays? My guess would be that they will go somewhere unknown to the media when the Prince is back from his southamerica events to spend at least a week in total privacy.

I guess she's in Palma because the girls stayed there while she was in Beinjing for the olympics

How wonderful to see the Undangarins at last. It´s great to see the twins from Jordania, as well. They all seem to get along great.

It seems like the Infantas waited for Letizia to leave the island to get there. They seem so relaxed and happy. Cristina is a pleasure to see with her kids. She is so natural and down to earth. Enjoying life! I have a feeling that by the time Letizia comes back with her daughters none of the Infantas will be there. Just a feeling.

According to some spanish papers, Queen Sofia, Infanta Cristina and Inaki Urgangarin will go to Beijing on Saturday, to represent the Spanish Royal Family. So it seems that Letizia, Felipe and Cristina´s family will not meet in the next few days, because Felipe is going to Paraguay and Dominican Republic for a many days trip.

It seems like the Infantas waited for Letizia to leave the island to get there. They seem so relaxed and happy. Cristina is a pleasure to see with her kids. She is so natural and down to earth. Enjoying life! I have a feeling that by the time Letizia comes back with her daughters none of the Infantas will be there. Just a feeling.

Roxsteve,I'm sorry to tell you that the whole family will be in Mallorca at the end of August. Both,Urdangarín family as the Prince of Asturias have not coincided in early holiday but will do so at the end of the summer.
If anyone should feel that alibi it is Letizia, the "bad gestures" on Cristina face dislike even to me.

I believe that the Infantas are very clever, and the arrival of the princess Letizia and her daughters has liberated them. For years the ditches were a commitment and an obligation for the whole family, and they all were coming, it was the price that it was necessary to pay for enjoying Marivent. With the arrival of the Princess, and after the Infantas Leonor and Sofia, the attention was started centring on them, and what the Infantas and their families were doing or not it was not important. If the Princes do not go to the ditches it is a scandal and a tragedy, if the Infantas Elena and Cristina don´t go, it does not pass anything.

Now the Princes and their daughters support the heaviness of two weeks of ditches, permanently observed and chased, and the Infantas Elena and Cristina come to the island when everything is calmer and only they remain a few paparazzi who are not a nuisance very much.

I can't recall they or she ever went to Asturias during the summer holidays? My guess would be that they will go somewhere unknown to the media when the Prince is back from his southamerica events to spend at least a week in total privacy.

here are some times during previous holidays when they have left Palma and visited her family

Prince Felipe and Doña Letizia visit family in Asturias
imn 2005 there were pictures of Letizia and Felipe walking in asturias ans her was pregnant with leonor but ive not got any pictures from that event yet
:flowers:

Maybe you're feeling a lot? I do recall that there's been a discussion already that with the Olympics and Felipe's visit to South America, they may not be able to sync their schedules.

Not to mention that your first sentence is implying something else too.

Letizia probably went back to Madrid to see some Ortiz Rocasolano family members but it's another step up re the non-interaction of previous years. It's a bit sad because given the parents don't seem to be keen to spend time together the children won't meet either. The other six nephews and nieces obviously have a great relationship but the Asturias girls are rarely around although Irene and Leonor are the same age. Felipe is Victoria's godfather, would have been nice to see the younger generation spend time at the beach together incl children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom