Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lula

Imperial Majesty
Country
Spain
The Spanish Royal Family will begin next week their summer vacations in Palma de Mallorca.

Though still it is not date announced for the arrival of Their Majesties the Kings to the Island, the Ditch Breitling in which they are in the habit of taking part the King and the Prince of Asturias will begin on July 18.

The Cup of the King of Sail will be celebrated between July 28 and August 5.

Thanks so much for this news Lula. I can't wait to see them. Will Felipe participate as well? Is it likely they will leave after Infanta Sofia's christening then?

Thanks so much for this news Lula. I can't wait to see them. Will Felipe participate as well? Is it likely they will leave after Infanta Sofia's christening then?

Felipe will be going to Brazil first, on July 17th (inauguration Institute Cervantes).

I read in La Razon that the patron of the Copa del Rey has changed and the yachts are to be moored at a different dock and this may impact how we see the comings and goings of the Royal Family during that week of regatas...

mallorcadiario.com

The King will come to Palma on July 19

The King Don Juan Carlos will come this year to Majorca next July 19 to take part in the Cup Breitling of sail. The King will receive all the bosses participants and, this way, he will give beginning to his vacations in the island close to the Queen Dona Sofía and the rest of the royal family who will be coming throughout the summer.

Are Felipe and Letizia and the kids going to be there? If so, will we get to see the new baby, or is it a little too early for her to be out in the sun too much, etc.

Are Felipe and Letizia and the kids going to be there? If so, will we get to see the new baby, or is it a little too early for her to be out in the sun too much, etc.

The Prince returns day 18 from a trip to Brazil. It seems that the Prince will participate the final days of the Ditch Breitling. It will be necessary to wait for knowing when the Princes and the girls travel. I am sure that we will see the girls several times this summer, perhaps less to Infant Sofía because she is too young.:flowers:

According to this article...

Otro verano en Mallorca. eldiariomontanes.es

and the journalistMari Angeles Alcazar in television...

- The King and the Queen will come on Wednesday to Palma. The King will take part in the ditch Breitling.

- The Prince who travels today to Brazil, will travel to Palma on Friday and the weekend will take part in the ditch. But the Prince must return to Madrid for work, and the Princess has decided to remain in Madrid with the girls, so up to the next week they will not travel to Palma.

Los Reyes trasladan su residencia a Marivent, en Palma de Mallorca

The Kings move their residence to Marivent, in Palma

The Kings will travel tomorrow in the evening to Palma to establish in Marivent's Palace, where Don Juan Carlos will support his agenda of work, which he will make compatible with the practice of sports, principally the sail, they informed sources of Zarzuela.

In the successive days other members of the Royal Family were approaching also the island. It hopes that the Prince of Asturias travels from Brasilia to Palma to take part together with his father, the King, in the ditch Beitling, which will develop in Port Portals from July 18 to July 22.
(...)

The Prince of Asturias will travel to Majorca to take part directly in the ditch, but he will return to Madrid to continue with his agenda and to move with Dona Letizia and his two daughters towards the ends of the month to the Balearic capital.

The Infantas Elenas and Cristina will pass also some days with their families and with the Kings in Palm, though they are not known the days in which they will be there.
(...)

Don't they get bored of vacationing in the same place all the time. How about a visit to other countries?

Don't they get bored of vacationing in the same place all the time. How about a visit to other countries?

The official residence is Marivent, but if their commitments allow it to them, the King and the Princes are in the habit of travelling a week of form deprived to some place. Not if bored, but Majorca must be very oppressive, especially for the Princes who have always the press behind.

The Dukes of Lugo travel always to The United States to the Hapmtons, where a friend of Elena leaves them a house. The Dukes of Palma have it more difficult because they have 4 little children.

I can't wait to see pictures of their vacation, hopefully we will be able to see all the grandchildren together again. I would love to see a picture with Leo and Irene. The group picture from Infanta Sofia christening, Irene wasn't facing the camera, so it was hard to see her. Hopefully they can give some pictures and then enjoy thier vacations.

Well, royals visit other countries all the time on state business (For example Felipe in Brazil just now...)- maybe it is nice to go to something familiar and relax when they're not working?

The Spanish royals do have the summery climate in their own country.

It's great to see King Juan Carlos so relaxed and happy. He seemed a little tense and serious at Infanta Sofia's baptism on Sunday.

It's great to see King Juan Carlos so relaxed and happy. He seemed a little tense and serious at Infanta Sofia's baptism on Sunday.

Maybe he was counting the seconds until his vacations begin? :lol:

But I do agree, he did look a bit unhappy at the baptism, which was a shame.

It´s true Juan Carlos looks happy and relaxed in Palma.

So that you say Sofía that was a shame? because the king was serious and something sad? Perhaps he was warm, and I do not believe that he thought about his vacations, rather is possible that he was thinking about which stops many, many in Spain if is an authentic shame, and that has caused that every day increases the critics, and that are neither the more nor less than Letizia only appears when it agrees to him, leaves for celebrations and suppers with friends, and nevertheless it does not go to the comunión of his nephew, or to the institutional act in the cuts. Perhaps, only perhaps, the face of the king must to that type of misfortunes, and to the malaise that produces to him that after decades of work, see stagger more than ever the crown. Perhaps, he is " a little " worried for that reason.

So that you say Sofía that was a shame? because the king was serious and something sad?

Yes, I do think it was a shame. ;) It would have been nice to see The King smile at the baptism of his granddaughter.

I in no way implied that he was wrong for looking like he did. I simply stated my opinion.

I think that you have taken my post the complete wrong way!

Sure Sofía that are your opinion, and the one that I have written, because she is mine. I do not believe that it has taken your post in no sense different from that you have wanted to express, since the word “shame” you have used it first and for me he is excessive. If he would be pretty and desirable that the king smiled in the baptism of his granddaughter, perhaps but he does not do it is because he does not know to pretend and stá contented and the situation does not surpass to him. Perhaps it is not the perfect situation, but I do not believe that it is a shame to express what feels, because then….then that, I am not going to repeat what already there am saying, if judges with as much hardness the king, we are going to use the same measurement for all no?

Well, the part about maybe he was counting the seconds to his vacation was a joke- as this is the thread about the summer vacations. ;)

I don't quite understand what the big deal is about what I said. I'm not saying it because I dislike the King, infact the very opposite. I just think it would have been nice to see him looking happy, like other members of the family.
I'm sure he wasn't unhappy because he has a serious face most of the time.
But looking at the pictures, particularly the family ones, everybody is smiling except for King Juan Carlos. Of course that's not so say that away from the cameras he wasn't all happy and smiling, but I didn't see that.

Sorry if you think the word 'shame' is extreme, but it is the word that came to my mind first.

So that you say Sofía that was a shame? because the king was serious and something sad? Perhaps he was warm, and I do not believe that he thought about his vacations, rather is possible that he was thinking about which stops many, many in Spain if is an authentic shame, and that has caused that every day increases the critics, and that are neither the more nor less than Letizia only appears when it agrees to him, leaves for celebrations and suppers with friends, and nevertheless it does not go to the comunión of his nephew, or to the institutional act in the cuts. Perhaps, only perhaps, the face of the king must to that type of misfortunes, and to the malaise that produces to him that after decades of work, see stagger more than ever the crown. Perhaps, he is " a little " worried for that reason.

I think I do underestand what you'r saying and I think about it too but this is not the right thread to talk about it, but even when my English is far from perfect I want you to keep in mind that shame not only imply "verguenza" but "pena", kind of is a shame hi didn't smile (you could translated as) es una pena que no haya sonreido mas, the idea is not that the King is a shame but that it is a shame that he didn't smile more, got it?. :flowers:

The King and Queen looks both terrific in those pictures, I like Queen Sofia's clothe a lot, that color looks espectacular on her and hope her leg is doing better, what a difference, relaxed and ready to start the summer, I hope that we have this year a lot of pictures as usual especially from Leonor and Irene to compensate for the lack of Leonor's pictures and I will like to see little Sofia too, until now I think she's a beauty.

Last edited:
I think I do underestand what you'r saying and I think about it too but this is not the right thread to talk about it, but even when my English is far from perfect I want you to keep in mind that shame not only imply "verguenza" but "pena", kind of is a shame hi didn't smile (you could translated as) es una pena que no haya sonreido mas, the idea is not that the King is a shame but that it is a shame that he didn't smile more, got it?. :flowers:

That's exactly right RaniaRocks. Thankyou. :)

Marenostrum, I did not mean 'shame' as in The King is a shame or a disgrace. I meant it as in 'what a pity he wasn't smiling'. It was in no way a reflection on The King's character or what he may/may not have being feeling.

I hope you understand!

TRH King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia Arrive in Mallorca to Commence Summer Holiday
July 18, 2007 - Sant Joan Military Airport
Mallorca Spain

WireImage: Listings

Well, the part about maybe he was counting the seconds to his vacation was a joke- as this is the thread about the summer vacations. ;)

I don't quite understand what the big deal is about what I said. I'm not saying it because I dislike the King, infact the very opposite. I just think it would have been nice to see him looking happy, like other members of the family.
I'm sure he wasn't unhappy because he has a serious face most of the time.
But looking at the pictures, particularly the family ones, everybody is smiling except for King Juan Carlos. Of course that's not so say that away from the cameras he wasn't all happy and smiling, but I didn't see that.

Sorry if you think the word 'shame' is extreme, but it is the word that came to my mind first.
The ceremeony probably took several hours and the King probably was not smiling at the moment the cameras clicked. There is no right or wrong opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom