Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
THE SPANISH ROYAL FAMILY INCLUDING KING JUAN CARLOS AND QUEEN SOFIA ATTEND THE REGATTA IN PALMA DE MALLORCA

London Features International Ltd

THE SPANISH ROYAL FAMILY AT LAS GOLONDRINAS HARBOUR IN PALMA DE MALLORCA

THE GRANDCHILDREN OF QUEEN SOFIA OF SPAIN ENJOY THE REGATTA ON BOARD THE YACHT SOMNI

THE KINGS CUP REGATTA AWARDS IN PALMA DE MALLORCA

Thanks for the pictures! I espcially like the ones of the grandkids on the boat. Leonor looks happy to be in with the "big" cousins, and Miguel is really sweet to her.

Yes, then she must be a 2-year-old diva, and one-of-a-kind child, and better than any two year old in this planet. Whether we like it or not, she gets all that attention because of who she is and who her parents are. Are you sure, photographers would follow her because of her personality and beauty if she was not Leonor de Borbon?

Could people please read more carefully before responding? :bang: Here is my post you're responding to:

"Leonor's looks and personality make her a god-sent for photographers. Sure, her being the heiress to Spanish throne is the reason why she's newsworthy but it's not the sole reason why she sells magazines."

The whole point I was making is that she's noted first because she's who she is. But if she's not as beautiful, spontaneous and playful, she would get some photos in the magazines but not to the extent she's monopolizing the spotlight as she is.

You have to see all those photo galleries when she appears in an event. Count how many photos "without" her vs. total photos the photographer shot. Hola's coverage of Sofia's baptism was almost all Leonor and it called her "irresistable". Check out the photos from the first day at the yacht club with her parents and grandparents. Count how many photos "without" her vs. total photos taken by the individual photo agency. Her grandfather was a bystander who happened to be in the photos of her.

I didn't say she's better than any other 2-year-olds on the planet. It is my observation that Leonor has the "IT" factor to the wazoo and that's why she's dominating the spotlight. That's all.

And what a ridiculous comparison with Diana Princess of Wales who was not only photographed because of her title but because of her personality? Well, her title came first and was the basis of all that should come, in this case her personality suited well but no one would have been interested in her if she had not married Prince Charles, believe me.

Read my post again. Of course Diana became newsworthy because she married Prince Charles. But that's not the only reason she sold magazines for all those years. Camila married Prince Charles too. Does she sell magazines? Diana has the "IT" factor to the wazoo besides being the Princess of Wales and that's the reason why she sold magazines. I only used Diana as an example of someone who sold magazines and dominates spotlight for more than her royal status. I didn't intend to compare Leonor to Diana.

why do we never see the king talking with letizia? even on holidays they seem so far away frome each other. the queen talks a lot with letizia and they seem close but i'm not sure about leti and the king. the reporter Carmen Rigalt said everyone in spain talks about that but newspapers don't dare to mention it.

Did you see a lot of photos where the king talked to his two son-in-laws or was affectionate toware his other grandchildren? JC doesn't appear to be the warm and affectionate kind. But because it's Letizia, that must mean:

a). The king doesn't approve of Letizia;
b). The king doesn't like Letizia
c). The king doesn't like Leonor and Sofia because they are Letizia's children.

People who dislike Letizia need to find justfications for their dislike and the king's so-called "coolness" toward her is just one more justification: "See, the king agrees with me!"

Too funny. :lol:

Yes, it is very funny.:lol:

In Spain it is a habitual game with the little children " to take the nose from them ", surely someone does it to her and she practises it with her father.

Thanks for the London Features fotos--there are some really nice shots. I think the one of the 4 boys looking like they want to somewhere else is really funny. It perfectly captures boyhood!

Much as it seems to anger or annoy certain posters--Leonor is an unusally charasmatic little toddler. Spontaneous, emotive and electric. She is not better than others, but she is unusually charasmatic.

And Felipe...I would venture to guess that he has never been so personally happy--he simply oozes joy and contenment for being a husband and father. It's very lovely to behold.

What do you suppose she is learning, because there is a photo of Felipe and Letizia showing her this exact hand gesture, and she seems so serious and intent in this image...

http://images2.image-data.com/images/1/lowres/24202/24202603.jpg

It looks like a little hand game young children sometimes play here in the US. It's sometimes taught in Sunday School, where I learned it, to get children to know the church, and sometimes it's just played for fun with parents. It's a nice little game for small children, like Leonor.

The rhyme goes something like "Here's the church, here's the steeple, open the doors, and look at the people." You start with your hands folded and unfold to make the steeple, and the door, and the people. I can't really describe the motions, but it does end up looking very much like a church.

I don't know if they play a similar game in Spain, but it's just what it looked like to me.

Last edited:
So many great pictures:) But I have to say, that Princess Elena`s husband Jamie don`t looks verry happy in these picture, I dont think I have ever seeing a picture when he is smilig.

It is obvious that the there are some people in this forum who do not like Letizia so she can do nothing right. If she pays little attention to Leonor they will still complain. I can almost predict what these people are going to say.

Thanks for the pics lula.

This dress is very very pretty and looks great with Letizia's tan - but please can somebody give her some hair conditioner. Being on vacation is not an excuse for a PoA to turn up to events with unstyled hair. Since the new haircut she looks like she bought lots of wash and go shampoo when it was on sale because the advertising promised self styling included, not true, obviously.

I happen to like her haircut and I am sure othres as well. Different people have different opinions.

why do we never see the king talking with letizia? even on holidays they seem so far away frome each other. the queen talks a lot with letizia and they seem close but i'm not sure about leti and the king. the reporter Carmen Rigalt said everyone in spain talks about that but newspapers don't dare to mention it.

I don't think this has to do with Letizia. The King seems not to be a "family animal" as the Queen and he probably wouldn't show affection towards any other daughter in law. He's a men's man :lol: doesn't like to hang around too much with his in laws, probably not much different to other men of his generation.

On rare occasions he does show affection and I think it's towards his daughters most times, he seems to be very close to them, even closer as to Felipe.

Too bad Letizia has already lost her maternity weight, she looks much better with a few pounds on...

I agree, but it is better to have her be on the thin side than overweight.

But being honest, I like her dress a lot, it's quite a flattering color and cut for her
I do appreciate your being objective. I know you are not a fan of Letizia but you give her some credit. Also, you don't carry your dislike of her to her children.

Who can dislike Leo and Sofi?:wub::wub::wub:, or other Spanish Royal Grandkids? they are all beyond gorgeous, the genetic pool came out great:wub:

I may not like Letizia but she has some nice clothing, amazing handbags and such, my motto is: blame the person, not the fashion:D :lol: :ROFLMAO:

Being F & L's daughter is the only reason, I am pretty sure about that. Luckily, she is not shy and introvert and grabs granny's glasses so the press is happy and already start using her at the age of two for their money making purposes.
Your accusation is rather severe. If that was the case, they would have used her sooner "for their money making purposes." The SRF gives me the impression that they truly love their kids and they are on hands parents and grandparents.

Last edited by a moderator:
mallorcadiario.com

The Spectacular Figure of Infanta Cristina

The article talks about how good Cristina looks now, very slender and athletic, it's awesome for a 42 year old woman with 4 kids, people complimented her a lot on it:)

This picture is kinda hot :lol: Don't you think? :lol: check out Letizia's look! and this one is just too cute!

Last edited:
Your accusation is rather severe. If that was the case, they would have used her sooner "for their money making purposes." The SRF gives me the impression that they truly love their kids and they are on hands parents and grandparents.

Well, I guess you have misunderstood my post dear chuchu, I am talking about the press using Leonor for money making purposes, not the SRF.

There are things about Letizia I like and there are things I dislike and I feel free to mention both sides. I have never offended her in any way so I am surprised that people take it personally if her hairstyle is being critizised :rolleyes:

But please do me a favour and read my posts more carefully before you accuse me of making severe accusations :flowers: Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is obvious that the there are some people in this forum who do not like Letizia so she can do nothing right. If she pays little attention to Leonor they will still complain. I can almost predict what these people are going to say.

Dear Chuchu,
You don't have to take things so personally. We are not attacking Letizia. We are just giving an opinion--just like you are. The forum is about Letizia and the royal family, right? So, I think we need to comment on her and things she is doing--otherwise, this forum would be a little boring.

mallorcadiario.com

The Spectacular Figure of Infanta Cristina

The article talks about how good Cristina looks now, very slender and athletic, it's awesome for a 42 year old woman with 4 kids, people complimented her a lot on it:)
I guess now it's Cristina's turn. According to this little article some people are saying she's too skinny!

And Felipe...I would venture to guess that he has never been so personally happy--he simply oozes joy and contenment for being a husband and father. It's very lovely to behold.

I agree. Felipe seems to be a real family man, unlike his Father who would rather be with "the guys" sailing or hunting. But then, Felipe has always been more like his mother than like his father.

I will defend the press, of course by photographing the little ones, they get extra sales but the most important is that they bring happiness and a smile on the face of lots of people.
Seeing these cute children certainly always make my day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom