Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
very well said Alexandria, the public opinion wouldn't like to hear about the in-laws staying in the palaces which belong to the National Patrimony, it could become a huge drop in their popularity:cool:

I certainly hope Felipe and Letizia buy their own summer residence where they can have friends and family visit and where their children can have cousins and friends staying with them. Family life is very important and being able to include ones close relatives is part of that family life.

Alia, in Majorca

The summer stay of the Royal Family in Majorca has been having for years an inescapable appointment with the spectacle of the dolphins and the marine surroundings of Marineland. Visit, let us think that impelled to a great extent by Doña Sofía, and that him inculca to the smallest of the Real House affection towards the animals and the nature. This attendance is a classic one and finally we could catch the moment a year more.

Its Majesty, reina, it took to its grandsons to see eshow of dolphins, seals, papagayos and other animals like pingüinos, flamenco and turtles. In this occasion our surprise was to see that next to Reina, infant Cristina and Jaime de Marichalar, also princess Alia arrived at the Faisal, wife of prince Faisal of Jordan, sister-in-law of king Abdalah, who has become esguince in Palm while she walked by the center of Ciutat with Reina and the Duchess of Palm.

Therefore, a spectacular bandage causes that princess Alia to the Faisal must be days in rest and their exits are in wheelchair. Infant Cristina is the one who personally pushed this wheelchair and helped the princess. The unexpected stumble of princess Alia was taken care of in a clinic of Palm and, in spite of the spectacular thing of the bandage, it does not seem nothing burdens.

http://www.ultimahora.es/segunda.dba?-1+9+369783

I imagine that prompt we will have the images of all in Marineland. It seems that this year they have gone very soon, I believe that other years were going more at the end of August, probably someone of the Infantas is going to go to some place of trip.

Poor Alia!!! That form of beginning the vacations!!!
I believe that the Prince Faisal and the Princess Alia they were in the habit of going on holidays to Marbella. But this year the political scandals of the city have done that many persons move away of there. It seems that they have changed Marbella into Majorca.

more londonfeature

th_79974_23944222_386lo.jpg

Thanks monica for the article. I was waiting for the photos of the anual trip to marineland (which by the way is an amazing place)!!! :lol:

The Queen looks very nice! I'm glad more of the family went this year (Cristina etc).

Last edited by a moderator:
IMAGINATION!!! :lol: :lol:
Who has a magnifying glass ?:ROFLMAO:

From londonfeatures

PRINCES OF ASTURIAS ON BOARD THE ROYAL BOAT 'SOMNI' OFF THE ISLAND OF MALLORCA

Last edited:
I find it interesting how very differently the Queen dresses in her off-time. Some of the outfits she has worn this summer (aside from those unflattering T-shirts in all the colours of the rainbow that represent the sailing club), such as this one from today, this outfit with the long flowing skirt, button-up shirt with the sash-belt, or this outfit with the long beaded-trim skirt and beaded top and the belt over the top to be so very different from the very matching, perfectly tailored suits she wears during the rest of the year.

Everything is much looser and less-stuffier. During her royal duties I always find Sofia to be impeccable. And while I know it's summer and she's on holidays, I am very surprised to see untucked in shirts or simply more stylish pieces of clothing in her closet, such as those long flowing, almost hippie-like skirts which are very fashionable right now, at least here in North America, as are belts worn over your long shirts.

I've always noticed it about Letizia, how her personal style is very different and distinct from her work style, but it's also true of Sofia. I wonder if the funkier, hippie style Sofia dons in her offtime is closer to who she is in personality?

Alexandria said:
I wonder if the funkier, hippie style Sofia dons in her offtime is closer to who she is in personality?

It probably is Alexandria as I would guess that she chooses most, if not all of the summer clothes herself. :)

Joumana said:
Are they princess Aicha and princess Sarah on the picture?

Yes, I imagine that they are they those who were accompanying their mother.;)

I have noticed the much softer, funkier style of Queen Sofia as well. And I must say, I like it! Its like she is being cool and hip without trying to hard. You know what I mean..its like when you see pics of famous celebrities and they are like 50 dressing like a 20 year old! Not cool.

Zonk1189 said:
I have noticed the much softer, funkier style of Queen Sofia as well. And I must say, I like it! Its like she is being cool and hip without trying to hard. You know what I mean..its like when you see pics of famous celebrities and they are like 50 dressing like a 20 year old! Not cool.

i love it as well! sofia looks incredibly young in those photos with her yellow blouse and the belt!

Alexandria said:
I find it interesting how very differently the Queen dresses in her off-time. Some of the outfits she has worn this summer (aside from those unflattering T-shirts in all the colours of the rainbow that represent the sailing club), such as this one from today, this outfit with the long flowing skirt, button-up shirt with the sash-belt, or this outfit with the long beaded-trim skirt and beaded top and the belt over the top to be so very different from the very matching, perfectly tailored suits she wears during the rest of the year.

Everything is much looser and less-stuffier. During her royal duties I always find Sofia to be impeccable. And while I know it's summer and she's on holidays, I am very surprised to see untucked in shirts or simply more stylish pieces of clothing in her closet, such as those long flowing, almost hippie-like skirts which are very fashionable right now, at least here in North America, as are belts worn over your long shirts.

I've always noticed it about Letizia, how her personal style is very different and distinct from her work style, but it's also true of Sofia. I wonder if the funkier, hippie style Sofia dons in her offtime is closer to who she is in personality?

Sophia IMO has an inborn elegance, even in these informal outfits she looks great. what i like also is that she wears things that are in but at the same time age appropriate, the tunics, the belts, the flowy skirts, etc.... she is to me, and i always say it, one of the best dressed royals.

She probably thought Leonor was wearing socks:lol:. I know it's a bad joke, my bad.

Nice pictures y'all. So I guess if you're a royal it's okay to stay, live, and vacation at the National Patrimony's residences like with Princess Irene and the Jordanian princes but not with the political families and commoner friends of the children of the Kings.

I wonder where their respective spouses are. The King is probably hunting in Africa. Inaki seems to be lying low (wonder why). Where could Infanta Elena be?

planetcher said:
Just curious, how do you feel about Princess Irene of Greece living in Zarzuela all these years and I assume also enjoys all the perks of the Royal Family?

I feel the same way as with the others. If one cannot do it, then none should, but life is not fair, is it? Hopefully, she pays rent!!!!!!

planetcher said:
Nice pictures y'all. So I guess if you're a royal it's okay to stay, live, and vacation at the National Patrimony's residences like with Princess Irene and the Jordanian princes but not with the political families and commoner friends of the children of the Kings.

i'm sorry, but what do you mean exactly with your post? it's not like they're wasting taxpayers' money all the time. i hope you are not implying anything else...

*was going to say something else but will not do so yet until i understand the comment*:D

peace out!:flowers:

Last edited:
Is that Letizia's grandmother Menchu with her in the boat?

RhapsodyBrat said:
i'm sorry, but what do you mean exactly with your post? it's not like they're wasting taxpayers' money all the time. i hope you are not implying anything else...

*was going to say something else but will not do so yet until i understand the comment*:D

peace out!:flowers:
It was in conjuction with Roxsteve's previous posts threads away that it's not okay for Letizia's family to spend some days in Mallorca because he/she said that the Royal Family does not own their residences, but the Spanish people and the press don't complain about Princess Irene or other royal guests (ie the Jordanian princes, Tatiana) to stay in the taxpayer-paid houses:rolleyes:. My comment was actually supposed to be sarcastic.

grevinnan said:
Is that Letizia's grandmother Menchu with her in the boat?
Nah, it's probably a royal guest so that's okay;).

planetcher said:
It was in conjuction with Roxsteve's previous posts threads away that it's not okay for Letizia's family to spend some days in Mallorca because he/she said that the Royal Family does not own their residences, but the Spanish people and the press don't complain about Princess Irene or other royal guests (ie the Jordanian princes, Tatiana) to stay in the taxpayer-paid houses:rolleyes:. My comment was actually supposed to be sarcastic.

oh, okay, thanks for clearing that up. i'm so sorry, because i actually didn't find the comment sarcastic, as you had originally intended it to be. :blush: :p anyways, i won't be making any comments on that now, but thanks again for saying that.

cheers! :flowers:

It is a shame on that already there could not put photos of Face to Face because there are any more photos and bigger.

In these photos one does not see all, there are several persons that I do not identify, some of them are fond of children and the rest not. They were:
Queen Sofía
Princes of Asturias
Dukes of Lugo and family
Dukes of Palm and family
Princess Alia and her twins daughters sure (I do not know others)
Rosario Nadal and someone of her children

From seegerpress

Last edited:
From brunopress

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom