Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Diario de Mallorca:

The marathon of the Prince
Don Felipe competes in the morning in the Ditch Breitling, travels to Madrid, gets together with dona Letizia and they are present together in Guadalajara at the funeral for the victims of the fire.
Pleasure and work, sport and obligations of the Wreath. The prince Felipe lived yesterday through a marathon day in which his participation in the Ditch Breitling, which is disputed in waters of the bay of Palm, only it was a small chapter. Don Philip put to the cane of the CAM of the Olympic champions Fernando León and Kiko Sanchez little before eleven o'clock in the morning, when the sailboat gave up straps of Port Portals and went to the field of ditches to take part in the first two tours of the class IMS, whose competition began yesterday. But before the sailboat was returning to port, at a quarters of six, he rose on board of a pneumatic launch with the one that moved to Portopí's naval military base. Of there to Marivent. And from the summer residence of the Kings to They Are Sant Joan, where he took at the last hour of the evening a plane towards Madrid.
In the capital he met dona Letizia to be present, in representation of the Wreath, at the funeral for eleven mortal victims of the forest fire, ceremony that gave beginning at half after eight. And today, in this occasion already accompanied of dona Letizia, he will return to be in the island to confront the last two days of the ditch.

From Getty 23 jul.:

Attachments

• 53276344.jpg
    53276344.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 305
  • 53276327.jpg
    53276327.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 276
  • 53276367.jpg
    53276367.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 292
  • 53276350.jpg
    53276350.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 311
Thanks for the pics! Is Letizia in Palma now?

marezdote said:
Thanks for the pics! Is Letizia in Palma now?
I have not read anything, but I imagine that yes, if the Prince is already there. Not if there will be photos today, probably be going in the evening to the port to look for them or as last year to this party that they give in the night. But probably tomorrow in the delivery of prizes ... the photographers must have the very prepared cameras!;)

The CAM, second after the first day

Cadiz. The CAM with S.A.R. Prince Felipe de Borbón to the cane and the Olympic champion Fernando Leon like tactical, this classified in the second position of the joint general classification in XI the Regata Breitling, whose first day was disputed yesterday in waters of the Bay of Palm. The classification leads Zurich de Jan Santana. It is necessary to remember that the CAM counts between their 15 crew with the gaditano navigator Nacho Alcina.

The CAM, in first of the tests, as much in real time as in compensated, occurred a triunfal stroll, leaving the second, Zurich, to 16 seconds, the Killing Argentinean to 33 second and to the Azur de Puig to 1.37 they minutos.En second finalized in the sixth position, with triumph of the Tau.

Attachments

• 88.jpg
    88.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 311
  • 89.jpg
    89.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 350
  • 90.jpg
    90.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 309
  • 91.jpg
    91.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 210
  • 107.jpg
    107.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 364
  • 108.jpg
    108.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 305
From Hola:
http://www.hola.com/casasreales/breves/index.html?currentImg=3

The prince Felipe, again in Majorca in the Ditches Breitling
The prince of Asturias returned this morning to port Portals, after being present yesterday, with dona Letizia, at the funeral for the victims in Guadalara's fire, to take part in the Ditch Breitling. In the image he appears to the helm of the "CAM", ship with which he competes in the ditch, which is disputed in waters of the Bay of Palm.

Attachments

• regata-principe.jpg
    regata-principe.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 366
Last edited by a moderator:
From Hola:
http://www.hola.com/casasreales/breves/index.html?currentImg=2

Iñaki Urdangarín with ' Azur de Puig ' in the Ditch Breitling The duke of Palm, Iñaki Urdangarín, who competes against the ship 'CAM', in which there takes part the prince Felipe, converses with other crewmen of " Azur de Puig ", moments before taking part in the third day of the Ditch Breitling, which is disputed in waters of the Bay of Palma.

Attachments

• regata-urdan.jpg
    regata-urdan.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 370
From Hola:
http://www.hola.com/casasreales/breves/index.html?currentImg=1

The King, the Prince and the Duke of Palm, opponents in the sea

In the image, the crew of the "Bribón", that patronea the king Juan Carlos, furrows the waters of the Bay of Palm during the Ditches Breitling, between whose competitors, besides the monarch, are the prince Felipe in the ship "CAM" and Iñaki Urdangarín in "Azur de Puig ".

Attachments

• bribon.jpg
    bribon.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 315
By the moment, Letizia isn't in Mallorca.
She doesn't like Mallorca. But the Royal Family is there.

lula said:
I have not read anything, but I imagine that yes, if the Prince is already there. Not if there will be photos today, probably be going in the evening to the port to look for them or as last year to this party that they give in the night. But probably tomorrow in the delivery of prizes ... the photographers must have the very prepared cameras!;)

Victoriys said:

1. Why do you know that she does not like Majorca? Perhaps hearing are you her to say it?
2. How do you know that she is not there? That I know the Queen is there and only one has seen her to come ... the Infanta Cristina also and still there is no a photo

From Getty (July 23)

Attachments

• 53277447.jpg
    53277447.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 315
  • 53277448.jpg
    53277448.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 220
  • 53277449.jpg
    53277449.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 339
  • 53277451.jpg
    53277451.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 254
  • 53277452.jpg
    53277452.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 364
  • 53277453.jpg
    53277453.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 239
  • 53277455.jpg
    53277455.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 265
  • 53277456.jpg
    53277456.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 210
  • 53277459.jpg
    53277459.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:
More from Getty (23july):

Attachments

• 53277468.jpg
    53277468.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 303
  • 53277470.jpg
    53277470.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 291
  • 53277474.jpg
    53277474.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 319
  • 53277467.jpg
    53277467.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 347
  • 53277475.jpg
    53277475.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 319
  • 53277476.jpg
    53277476.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 198
  • 53277477.jpg
    53277477.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 216
  • 53277478.jpg
    53277478.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 243
  • 53277479.jpg
    53277479.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 253
  • 53277489.jpg
    53277489.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Victoriys said:

infanta Elena and her family is not in Mallorca

Thanks for the photos, Lula!
With all due respect, I have to say that the Spanish royal sailors are a dish for my eyes... :p

sarita said:
infanta Elena and her family is not in Mallorca

Certain sarita, they are not. A journalist said in the television that they were going to do a trip abroad before travelling to Palm.
The others it is supposed that today on Saturday they all are. The kings were staying away the next week to travel to Portugal, and the Princes it is not known.

Elsa M. said:
Thanks for the photos, Lula!
With all due respect, I have to say that the Spanish royal sailors are a dish for my eyes... :p

Though the Prince have that he was cutting a bit the hair and Iñaki is not very favored in these photos. :D
Certainly, the women have disappeared

I saw the newspapers, there no speak about her. because a said "by the moment"
Prince Felipe come back Mallorca yesterday afternoon, after the funerals in Guadalajara. Yesterday morning he had arrived alone.
Letizia prefers Ribadesella (Asturias), I have heard and readed about it in others sites and forums.

An article about it:

Felipe y Letizia no cambiarán Mallorca por Asturias

Publicado: 21/07/2005

Muy sonrientes llegaron los reyes de España a Mallorca. En el aeropuerto de Son San Juan, el monarca se acercó a los periodistas allí congregados y departió amablemente con ellos.

Don Juan Carlos hizo de portavoz de sus hijos y anunció que los duques de Palma y los de Lugo aterrizarían en la isla en los próximos días. La llegada de los príncipes de Asturias está prevista para hoy mismo. Sin duda, una noticia que las autoridades baleares han acogido con alegría. Y es que en los últimos meses mucho se había especulado acerca de que Felipe y Letizia tenían intención de cambiar Mallorca por Asturias.

Al parecer, en el ánimo de la princesa estaba el encontrar una casa en su tierra natal para poder disfrutar de los encantos del principado. Sin embargo, todo parece indicar que los planes de Letizia tendrán que esperar. De momento, los herederos seguirán la tradición y veranearán en Mallorca.

Sin duda, una de las personas que más ha luchado para que los príncipes de Asturias no abandonen la isla ha sido Catalina Cirer. La alcaldesa de Palma estaba muy feliz cuando declaró “fue el compromiso que nos hicieron durante su visita oficial. El ruego era que pasaran el verano con nosotros para que su hijo creciera aquí, como lo ha hecho el Príncipe. Fuimos tan insistentes que al final nos van a hacer caso”.

Debido a su embarazo es posible que este verano no se capten imágenes de Letizia a bordo del Bribón siguiendo las regatas en las que participen los miembros de la familia real. Como se recordará, la princesa llevó muy mal el interés que los fotógrafos mostraron por su persona durante las vacaciones del 2004. Incluso llegó a comentar que siempre se vestía con la misma ropa, un kaftan que utilizó a modo de uniforme, para que los reporteros se cansaran y la dejaran tranquila.

Lo cierto es que la actitud de Letiza no gustó nada a la reina, que durante una visita al Club Náutico le recomendó que se quitara las gafas para que los periodistas pudieran observarla en todo su esplendor.

http://www.todoellas.com/contenidos/espanol/48/principesdeasturias_3096.asp

lula said:
1. Why do you know that she does not like Majorca? Perhaps hearing are you her to say it?
2. How do you know that she is not there? That I know the Queen is there and only one has seen her to come ... the Infanta Cristina also and still there is no a photo

Victoriys said:
Letizia prefers Ribadesella (Asturias), I have heard and readed about it in others sites and forums.
I also read that article and I must tell you that it doesn't surprise me, giving the fact it's published by Todoellas :rolleyes:

That article was based on the rumours that grew up after the wedding, according to which the authorities of Mallorca feared that the Princes changed their summer assignments, due to Letizia usually spending her vacations in her homeland. But the truth is that, during the official visit that the Princes made to the Balearic Islands, Felipe clearly said: "For many years of my life, I have been enjoying your hospitality, during the summer vacations, and I myself and the Princess wish to continue enjoying here the upcoming years".

Please read the article posted at this thread:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=245565&postcount=29

This article says a few bilges, the truth is that this web is not very trustworthy, so I am going to try to explain it well to clarify it.

Letizia was born in Oviedo, the capital of Asturias, there all her infancy passed, and part of her family and her friends live there. Because of it always she is useful when she has occasion and can travel to there. Her grandmother has a house in Ribadesella and to Letizia, how it is normal, she likes to visit her so there the summer was happening when she was a girl (beside being a beautiful place, with a great landscape and many tranquility). Letizia likes Asturias, but it does not mean that she does not like Palma .... I believe that in a month of vacations it must be time for everything. And last year scarcely approximately 5 days passed in Asturias.

The Royal Family spends their vacations in Palma. The Government of Balearics yields Marivent's Palace for the Royal Family. To the Balearic Islands they are interested very much economically that they follow veraneando there, because they attract many people and many mass media, and this it is an advertising that they do not want that it escapes from them.

Last year on the occasion of the wedding, arose the rumor from that the Government of the Asturias wanted that the Princes had a house in Asturias. It did that inhabitant of the Balearic Islands was arising a lot of fear especially in the government, and in the businessmen ... that were thinking that maybe they could lose what they had. Let's say that the press did the rest, because they had one more motive like that for atack to Letizia. All this in spite of that the Princes repeated several times that would continue travelling to Palm. And this year seems that the history returns to repeat, in spite of what the Princes have given them the inhabitants of the islands, the best campaign of free advertising of their history ... the one that they had with the trip after the advertisement of the pregnancy.

On the house in Asturias ... I do not believe that they manage to have one. The journalists say many bilges, if they should inform well they would not say them. The topic of the house in Asturias, I through that I live there, take it listening more than 10 years. The Prince is A Prince of Asturias, and every year travels to deliver there the Prizes. It was not necessary that he was marrying Letizia in order that it was thought in it of the house.

This is actually an a bit artificial polemic, which to the only one that it damages ultimately is to Letizia. When she the only thing that she does is to happen a few days with her family and in her house.
This year there will be again polemic, I am sure. Because some days will happen in Asturias (the grandmother of Letizia there is widow a few months ago, and in spite of that her granddaughters offered her to travel to Madrid, she decided to remain in her house). It without telling that in the next months there are acts of the Anniversary XXV of the Foundation and they have that go some of them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is more or less what happens, I believe that my explanation is objective enough.

From yahoo:

Attachments

• r157654432.jpg
    r157654432.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 302
  • r681079420.jpg
    r681079420.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 292
From Getty (23 july):

Attachments

• 53277883.jpg
    53277883.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 376
  • 53277908.jpg
    53277908.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 360
  • 53277910.jpg
    53277910.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 380
  • 53277951.jpg
    53277951.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 257
  • 53277952.jpg
    53277952.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 290
  • 53277953.jpg
    53277953.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 291
  • 53277954.jpg
    53277954.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 604
  • 53277956.jpg
    53277956.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 334
Last edited:
rchainho said:
she's nice in this pic. It is a dinner gala?

Not exactly, it is a dinner that offers itself that partician in the ditches, last year already they were, there are photos, Letizia was taking a black trousers and a white and black body of precious stones

From Terra:

The Princes of Asturias come to the Castle Military Museum San Carlos of Palm to have dinner with the crews that took part in the ditch

Attachments

• cena.jpg
    cena.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 377
Thanks for all the pics lula! Letizia looks great IMO.

"Oh, is she": Finally Princess Letizia arrived

The King, Princes de Asturias and the Dukes of Palm attended the supper of crews celebrated in San Carlos.

The King, Princes de Asturias and the Dukes of Palm attended the supper celebrated for the crews of the Breitling in the Castle of San Carlos last night. The appointment offered the first image of the summer of Letizia Ortiz in the Island.

Neither a coarse year to create tradition, Letizia Ortiz or takes place to make her mainland opening in the Majorcan summer. And the journalists, a referring one. By second consecutive year she did her first public appearance next to Prince Felipe in the supper that the organizers of the Regata Breitling offered last night to the crews in the Castle of San Carlos.

Much have changed the things since she acceded to the fort of Porto Pi now twelve months ago. In that occasion, she lived the summer on the first times. Her first appearance, her first supper, her first regatas. This 2005 are her second summer with her first pregnancy. And the model has happened of top fit with braces to a loose shirt premother and trousers. All black. The clear tones left them for the shirt of the Prince who, an informal way, did without the jacket. The same the King did, who arrived at the supper with shirt and a vest in which the name of the boat was ***reflxed mng in which it competes, Loafer.

Iñaki Urdangarín could well come from a celebration in Eivissa. Target on target for a touch ad-lib. The Duke of Palm arrived single. He had already taken a walk by pantalanes of Portals Port during the day, until one embarked in the Azur de Puig, the boat with which participates Infant Cristina. The smaller daughter of the King was not in the regatas, but, in the supper of last night. She arrived, last the eleven late at night, and one met with the rest of the Royal Family.

As much the King, as the Princes and the Dukes of Palm seated in separated tables with their respective crews. In the supper one used I snorted with a very marine touch with plates like rollito of smoked salmon, stuffed calamarcitos to the Majorcan or stuffed eggplants of mere or seafood.
http://www.elmundo-eldia.com/2005/07/24/cultura/1122156004.html

From la vanguardia:
"Queen Sofía, princess Letizia and infant Cristina, with the children, embarked in the yacht Fortune, from which they followed the beginning of the regata to go later to the island of Cabrera, a space of tranquillity and virgin nature to which few boats can accede and where the real family takes refuge of the peculiar glances."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom