Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
... and a few more ... Colourpress

Attachments

• COLOUR10283916.jpg
    COLOUR10283916.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 190
  • COLOUR10283917.jpg
    COLOUR10283917.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 242
  • COLOUR10283918.jpg
    COLOUR10283918.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 223
  • COLOUR10283919.jpg
    COLOUR10283919.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 224
Xandra said:
Laetizia has a habit which I really dislike- pointing at things with her index finger. I find it so rude. She did it again in one of the pics.
i think that it borns with her. But in some pics out of these ones, felipe is getting the same bad habit.

the only thing i don't like very much in Queen sofia is the 1st place that she tooks over the king, like this pictures says: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=187237
She has to be in 2nd place not in 1st place. But isn't the first event that she appears first that the king.

Last edited by a moderator:
pics from the dinner in starface:

Attachments

• 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 213
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 230
Bravo!! I love letizia dress is amaizing. She lok a very elegant and happy pregnant women.
Thanks for the pics.

Wow, Princess Letizia looks gorgeous!

I liked the Infantas' outfits very much as well, same for the Queen, she looks very "Mediterranean"

rchainho said:
the only thing i don't like very much in Queen sofia is the 1st place that she tooks over the king, like this pictures says: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=187237

She has to be in 2nd place not in 1st place. But isn't the first event that she appears first that the king.

Hi :)!
What we can't see in this picture is if KJC asked QS to walk in front of him. In that case anyone must obey and walk in front of the king.
I wouldn't be surprised to know that King Juan Carlos asked Queen Sofia to pass. Some years ago at an official reception with portuguese authorities King Juan Carlos made that gesture towards a portuguese embassador who, of course, obeyed. Everyone roll their eyes in horror and tried to repreeend the embassador for such rude gesture. But he replied, and very well, the King ordered I just obeyed!

Somehow I don't see Queen Sofia passing deliberately in front of the King by her own initiative...

Regards.

rchainho said:

My God, this is totally sexist! This is the 21st century for Christ's sake.

King Juan Carlos is a gentleman all around and it was an act of pure chivalry to let his wife walk before him. This is a usual behavior for him, we've seen him do it many times (he also did it with Letizia once) and you are always complaining about it. I think you should seriously revise your concepts. It's not absurd, it's romantic!:)

Wow! Everybody's looking so relaxed and so tanned!:p The Queen, the Infantas and the Princess look absolutely marvellous! :)

Meredith said:

King Juan Carlos is a gentleman all around and it was an act of pure chivalry to let his wife walk before him. This is a usual behavior for him, we've seen him do it many times (he also did it with Letizia once) and you are always complaining about it. I think you should seriously revise your concepts. It's not absurd, it's romantic!:)

I'm not sexist. It's a matter of PROTOCOL.

Thanks so much for the pictures of the dinner. Everyone looks so refreshed and relaxed!

mtbcm said:
Hi :)!
What we can't see in this picture is if KJC asked QS to walk in front of him. In that case anyone must obey and walk in front of the king.
I wouldn't be surprised to know that King Juan Carlos asked Queen Sofia to pass. Somehow I don't see Queen Sofia passing deliberately in front of the King by her own initiative...Regards.

I don't think that Sofia has to obey her husband, they seem to have an equal marriage..Maybe other people have to, but even then I don't think that JC is that kind of man.. :) :D

rchainho said:
the only thing i don't like very much in Queen sofia is the 1st place that she tooks over the king, like this pictures says: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...chmentid=187237

He is the King. If he's okay with his wife walking into or out of a room in front of him, then we should not say it's wrong...:) Even if it's protocol..

Last edited:
Meredith said:

I agree! :) Thank God for gentlemen!:D

Xandra said:
Laetizia has a habit which I really dislike- pointing at things with her index finger. I find it so rude. She did it again in one of the pics.

That's why God give us fingers.To use it.And if she have something to point at, she have to do it when ever she want.What is not normal is that she have to stand there in front of a bounch off reporters and fotografers like a barbie doll so they can take picture off her.I'm glad that she is acting normal.Because we have already a lot of artificial princess around.:eek:

Here an article about the reception. ;)
(Source: Última Hora)

The Royal Family say goodbye to the Majorcan summer.

The Kings accompanied by the Princes, the dukes of Lugo and the dukes of Palm, say goodbye to the Majorcan summer with the traditional dinner in The Almudaina Palace.

One more year, the Royal Family has said goodbye to their holidays in Majorca with a dinner in the Palace of the Almudaina, where some political and military authorities got reunited.

This year the Kings were accompanied by the princes of Asturias, the dukes of Lugo and the dukes of Palm. They received the guests in the office that Don Juan Carlos has in the palace. After the levee an appetizer was offered to the people and later they all went to the Gothic hall, where the dinner was celebrated.

The Queen wore a suit and a blouse with some stripes, which was tied with a belt adorned with a series of necklaces. The King, with black suit, was, as often, so nice with the press and before entering the room where the photographers were waiting he knocked the door and asked if he could enter the room.

Princess Letizia wore a white dress, which didn’t hide her pregnancy and which stood out her tanned skin. With that special shine in her face that only pregnant women show, the Princess was also very nice with the photographs, and she talked a lot with the Infantas. The Prince, also with black suit, was wearing an original tie with stripes. He paid attention to her wife all the time and he took her by the hand.

The infanta Elena chose for the occasion a suit with stripes and a long shirt in pink, with a round bag and sandals with high heels. Her) husband, Jaime de Marichalar, with black suit and a funny elephants-tie, entered the room taking her wife by the hand and smiling the press.

The infanta Cristina chose for the dinner a light green dress, which provided her a great elegance. With her hair loose and showing a very tanned skin too, dona Cristina was the Princess's best confidant while they were posing for the photographers. Iñaki Urdangarín, as the others men of the family, was wearing a black suit with a pink tie and he was very attentive to the tapestries which were adorning the room.

For the traditional levee the Kings were placed in first place, in second place the princes of Asturias and finally the dukes of Lugo and the dukes of Palm.The mayor of Palm, Catalina Cirer was euphoric when she greeted dona Sofía and she had a small conversation with the infanta Cristina before leaving the room.

The Royal Family started their holidays on July 19 and during all this time they have enjoyed the favourite activities of oldest and youngest members of the family. They could enjoy the ditches, walk, visit their favourite shops and even we were able to see the most romantic images with the princes of Asturias and the funniest ones with the grandsons of the Kings as protagonists. The time of rest was interrupted by the funeral of State for the military men who were died in Afghanistan. Prince Felipe and doña Letizia divided their time between the Island and Asturias.

This evening, the King will do business in Marivent's Palace with the Prime Minister, Jose Luis Rodríguez Zapatero. After the interview - the second one that they celebrate this summer-, the Kings will have dinner with the president and his wife, Sonsoles Espinosa.

rchainho said:
I'm not sexist. It's a matter of PROTOCOL.
They are the king and queen off Spain, not from afganistan.Pleaseee.Here we are always critical how they treath women in those country, and for ones sofia walk enfront of her husband you want to throw stones at her.Who cares about protocol? Y don't.For God sake.

My opinion about cristina dress. it's look like she is pregnant in that dress.I don't like it.But it's her choice.

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Who is the man next to the Queen? Husbent of her sister Irene of Greece?
I don't know who's the man, but princess Irene is not married.

I'm still asking , where's little baby Irene?

Can someone please answer me???

I have already found the name of the woman is Princess Tatiana Radziwill

photofan said:
I'm still asking , where's little baby Irene?
Can someone please answer me???
If you be so kind as to read the articles that were posted above, you'll see that Irene accompanied the whole family to Cabrera, on board of the yacht Fortuna :)

isabella said:
Here an article about the reception. ;)
(Source: Última Hora)
Thanks for taking the trouble of translating the article, Isabella. ;)
isabella_ said:
Her husband, Jaime de Marichalar, with black suit and a funny elephants-tie, entered the room taking her wife by the hand and smiling the press.
I didn't figure out what was in his tie... funny elephants??... this Jaime had to be invented, if he didn't exist:p

lula said:
He is Jean Frouchead the husband of Tatiana (the lady who appears in some photos), she is cousin and one of the best friends of the Queen Sofia, they are in the habit of being going to Majorca to happen a few days, last year also they were.
Thanks lula for answering my questions.

King Juan Carlos with President Zapatero in Marivent today

(...)

The head of the Executive, who moved until Mallorca accompanied by his wife, Sonsoles, to later share a supper with the Kings, was received to the door of his summer residence by Don Juan Carlos.

(...)

http://www.periodistadigital.com/ultima_hora/object.php?o=160264

Attachments

• 1122885451707w.jpg
    1122885451707w.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
http://www.europapress.es/europa2003/noticia.aspx?tabID=1&ch=94&cod=20050830212231

The King receives Cobbler in Marivent's Palace (Palma) before finishing his summer vacations

The king don Juan carlos received today to the prime minister, Jose Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, in Marivent's Palace, summer residence of the royal family in Palma, at 20:15, 15 minutes after the foreseen hour. The royal family finishes tomorrow his summer vacations in the island.
Moments before the meeting, the King sent a telegram to the president of The United States, George Bush, showing the condolence and solidarity of Spain for 68 mortal victims caused by the hurricane Katrina on the east coast of The United States.
Cobbler came accompanied from the delegate of the Government in Balearics, Ramon Sofías, and from the secretary general of the House of the King, Ricardo Díez Hochleither. Later, he went in solitarily to the perrons of Marivent's Palace, where the King greeted him with " Good Days ".
On having raised the slope of the Palace of Marivent, Cobbler could see the Prince Philip and the husband of the Infanta Cristina, Iñaki Urdangarín, playing the padel, in a track placed in the gardens of the residence.

THEY HAS DINNER AT 21:30

After the meeting between don Juan Carlos and the chief of the Executive, the kings will offer a dinner to Zapatero and his wife, Sonsoles Espinosa, from 21:30. The menu will consist of a cold cream of avocado with juliana of lobster, lomitos of mullet to the thin herbs, tatín of tomato with cheese of goat and mixed salad. As dessert, they will taste a gratinado of red strawberries with cream. The dinner will be watered by white Majorcan wine, red wine of La Rioja and Catalan champaign.

From Terra:

Attachments

• zp.jpg
    zp.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 255
http://www.ociocritico.com/oc/actual/canales/diario/nacional/050830rey_zp.php

(...)
Zapatero arrived accompanied from the delegate of the Government in Balearic, Ramon Sofías, and of the Secretary General of the House of the King, Ricardo Díez Hochleither. Later, one went in solitaire to the perrons of the Palace of Marivent, where the King saluted to him with "Good morning". When raising the hill of the Palace of Marivent, Zapatero could see Prince Felipe and the husband of Infant Cristina, Iñaki Urdangarín, playing padel, in a track located in the gardens of the residence.
(...)

From El Mundo

Attachments

• 1125386955_0.jpg
    1125386955_0.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 302
From newscom:

Attachments

• afplive844739.jpg
    afplive844739.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 275
  • rtrlive025251.jpg