Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2003-2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They added a bunch more photos at Getty--but I'm too lazy to post them all, so try this link. It's worth it. More great photos of the King and the Prince, as well as of the Queen with her grandkids.

Regata Day One

There is something about that little Froilan--even when he looks board--that screams trouble--spoiled and misbehaved--but charming beyond belief. I think he inherited his grandfather's devilish charm--in Spain he's the most popular of the five grandkids.

Where's Letizia? She wasn't at the regata?

love, :heart:
Anna

Originally posted by Anna_R@Jul 23rd, 2004 - 7:54 pm

Anna
I noticed that too...maybe she is too tired after all these trips or she has this pregnancy sickness (if she is pregnant) :flower:

I like Queen Sofia as a grandmother because she frequently or always hangs out with all her grandchildren. It is very evident because she looks for a certain time amidst her hectic schedule just to go to a park or museum with either the 5 of them or only Infanta Cristina's sons or Infanta Elena's children.

Of all the Royal grandmothers in the world or in Europe, she is always seen hanging out with them. Unlike other grandmothers who only hang-out with their grandchildren whenever there is an official function like birthdays.

:lol: I hope all of them would really have time for their grandchildren.

Originally posted by Anna_R@Jul 23rd, 2004 - 7:54 pm

Anna
no, she wasn't. she will go to the port portbaus in the second fase.

Originally posted by carlota@Jul 24th, 2004 - 6:35 am
no, she wasn't. she will go to the port portbaus in the second fase.
Oh, thank you!

love :heart:
Anna

Felipe and Letizia at a dinner, Letizia looks very nice and they make a nice couple... :rolleyes: :heart:

If you go to Wire Image website, you'll see they have loads of photos from the Breitling Regata in Mallorca. You can only see thumnails but it's worth a peak (and a squinting of the eyes).

It's funny, they identify Victoria and Froilan as Princess Letizia's daughter and son!

Originally posted by lucys@Jul 25th, 2004 - 3:49 pm

It's funny, they identify Victoria and Froilan as Princess Letizia's daughter and son!
:eek: O, no. Did I miss something? :p

about the public spending of the royal family in majorca

EL ANÁLISIS DE CAPITAL
La revista desvela los gastos de la Familia Real en Mallorca

Elsemanaldigital.com
Esta semana, "Capital" propone para su sección "Al descubierto", del número 47 del mes de agosto, un reportaje sobre las vacaciones de la Familia Real Española en la Isla de Mallorca.

27 de julio. Bajo el título "Vacaciones a cuerpo de Rey", repasa en clave económica acerca de diversos aspectos de las vacaciones de nuestros monarcas. Desde su residencia veraniega de Marivent, hasta un detallado examen de los pormenores de la movilización de las fuerzas de seguridad para garantizar la normalidad de la visita real.

El artículo hace un recorrido por muchos de los recovecos de la isla de Mallorca transitados por Don Juan Carlos y Doña Sofía. Los restaurantes y zonas de ocio a las que acuden, las playas y calas que visitan a bordo de su flamante nuevo yate Fortuna, detalles tanto de su residencia de Marivent como del Palacio Real de la Almudaina, o los aviones y helicópteros que utilizan, entre otros.

El pasado 19 de julio los Reyes aterrizaron en la isla más grande de nuestro país, pero para que eso sucediera, muchas personas habían preparado milimétricamente y durante todo el año su llegada. Ni un solo detalle puede obviarse cuando de los monarcas se trata. Muy claro lo tienen tanto las autoridades locales, que intentan que su estancia "sea lo más agradable que sea posible", como algunos de los más pudientes empresarios baleares, quienes hace cuatro años regalaron al Rey (aunque legalmente corresponda su propiedad a Patrimonio Nacional), el nuevo yate Fortuna, valorado en 18 millones de euros.

Más de un dolor de cabeza ha producido a la Policía y la Guardia Civil el extremo dispositivo de seguridad planeado para la ocasión. Este año, más que nunca, y tras los trágicos sucesos del 11 de marzo y el enlace de los Príncipes de Asturias, las medidas no tienen precedentes. Sólo en la isla de Mallorca, habrá unos 3.000 agentes de seguridad durante la denominada "operación verano", cuyos sueldos cuestan al Estado español al menos 11 millones de euros. De esos 3.000, entre 600 y 1.500 participan directamente en el dispositivo de protección de la Familia Real, de los cuales medio millar han llegado expresamente desde la península. El Airbus 310 que utiliza la Familia Real para sus desplazamientos oficiales fue comprado en 1999 por 84,5 millones de euros, la factura de la limpieza de las instalaciones del complejo de Marivent costará al Gobierno balear 144.695 euros, un menú de verano en Tristán, uno de los restaurantes predilectos del Rey, situado en el elitista puerto deportivo de Portals, asciende a 149 euros más IVA.

Éstos son sólo algunos ejemplos de las impresionantes cifras que mueven las vacaciones de los Reyes, quienes este verano, no olvidemos, tienen como vecinos al presidente del Gobierno, José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, en Menorca, y a su antecesor, José María Aznar, en Ibiza. Todo un lujo para los baleares

Felipes nephews and niece seem to have really taken to their aunt Letizia, particularly Cristina's three sons. She is really showing her motherly instincts with the young children.

They all look like they've having a great old time! Good to see them enjoying their vacation-I've never been to Mallorca but I've heard it's beautiful.

Where is Elena during these regattas? Does she not enjoy sailing as much as the rest of the family? It seems that Elena and her family arrived in Majorca with the King and Queen at the beginning of the holidays and have not been seen since.

Originally posted by Genevieve@Aug 5th, 2004 - 6:14 pm
Where is Elena during these regattas? Does she not enjoy sailing as much as the rest of the family? It seems that Elena and her family arrived in Majorca with the King and Queen at the beginning of the holidays and have not been seen since.
The Infanta Elena, her husband and children are no longer in Mallorca--I think they are in the Hamptons--surprise, surprise, it's where Jaime likes to summer since he's such a big snob.

Originally posted by lucys@Aug 5th, 2004 - 7:35 pm
The Infanta Elena, her husband and children are no longer in Mallorca--I think they are in the Hamptons--surprise, surprise, it's where Jaime likes to summer since he's such a big snob.
Thank you for the info Lucys.

I wonder how Elena and Jaime are accepted in the Hamptons? How many people might recognize them as the eldest daughter and son-in-law of the King of Spain? I imagine that part of the cache for Jaime would be the recognition by the others and the awe or special attention he'd receive.

Ironic how it seems that some royals like Martha Louise and Ari go to other cities (NYC) to flee the spotlight and special privilges while Jaime goes elsewhere to thrive in it.

Originally posted by lucys@Aug 5th, 2004 - 1:55 pm
Today the regatta was back on (suspended yesterday due to a storm) and Prince Felipe is second overall, the King third, the Infanta seventh and King of Norway fourteenth (there are about 35 boats in their class).
King Harald is doing better this time, not at one of the last spots.

Originally posted by lucys@Aug 5th, 2004 - 6:35 pm
Well, Jaime used to receive medical treatment in New York for his stroke. He might go back to check with the Doctors again, at the same time vacationing in New York.

Originally posted by donnaK+Aug 5th, 2004 - 6:50 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (donnaK @ Aug 5th, 2004 - 6:50 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-lucys@Aug 5th, 2004 - 6:35 pm
Well, Jaime used to receive medical treatment in New York for his stroke. He might go back to check with the Doctors again, at the same time vacationing in New York.[/b][/quote]
I don't think he's being seen by Doctor's in NYC any longer, but you could be right and I could most certainly be wrong. Don't get me wrong, I find Jaime de Marichalar's unabashed foppery peculiarly endearing. Who else can get away with his combination of shirts and ties and poorly buttened suits and colorful fans? And all from the very best shops in Paris? I'm forced to find the man charming--he's something out of an old novel.

And you know, every one in Spain gives him full and total credit for the change in the Infanta Elena from one of the worst dressed women in Spain before she married him to one of the best dressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom