State Visit from Romania to Spain: November 26-28, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's the same top, the lighting made it look slightly different.

This is a very nice gala gown Letizia is wearing, I like it a lot :flowers:
One question though: how many gala dresses does she have? I think she must have a good collection of them, I guess the recycling she uses at the everyday acts caught up at the gala dinners :lol:
Recycling is not a bad thing, I just wish we can see her wearing something is not Varela :lol:

Most of Letizia's gowns are sleeveless, for the warm weather. I could only think of this long-sleeve red gown from Caprile, but it might not go well with sash. I think Letizia needs to buy a few good quality gala dresses from Caprile (he is still the best). Her body will likely remain the same no matter how many more kids she is going to have. Good quality gala dresses are actually good investment since she can wear them forever, just ask Queen Sonja :).

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/1854/6400bebfrf2.jpg

Most of Letizia's gowns are sleeveless, for the warm weather. I could only think of this long-sleeve red gown from Caprile, but it might not go well with sash. I think Letizia needs to buy a few good quality gala dresses from Caprile (he is still the best). Her body will likely remain the same no matter how many more kids she is going to have. Good quality gala dresses are actually good investment since she can wear them forever, just ask Queen Sonja :).

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/1854/6400bebfrf2.jpg

What I highlighted is exactly my point, Letizia needs to stay away from Varela, and get some good clothing from Caprile, del Pozo, Palacio, and so many other good spanish designers:flowers:

I like her the most when she's not wearing Varela, whose quality is a bit low if you ask me, specially for a Crown Princess; she can look good in almost everything and yet Varela manages to screw that up:ermm:

I think it's the same top, the lighting made it look slightly different.

May I to have a different opinion?

Whitout the color which is totally different the first one: green purplr; the second green red; the cut is different too: the first one is larger than the second one;

But that is totally different is the design even if it looks similar!:rolleyes:

If you have the time to look at a little, it's absoloutly obvious:
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

( by courtesy of Getty)

It's the same jacket and the same skirt. The only difference is that she doesn't wear a petticoat underneath this time. That's why the skirt is much slimmer and the waist line looks a bit strange. The skirt was made with a petticoat. Letizia looks good. I second the opinion that she should get more Caprile gowns.

I like the jacket she wore in the morning but not the skirt. First, the wrapped skirt is way past its time. Second, I don't like the combo of dark jacket and light color skirt. A pair of charcoal gray pants would be so much better.

I agree, it doesn't look the same, but both tops are gorgeous. But I am not 100 % sure, maybe it is the lighting? The neckline looks different, too. But I LOVE the outfit, very regal.
I also really like the hairstyle.

Last edited:
Well I'm confused too - if the original was "straight" and this is a "V" neck - then surely there would be some kind of a wrinkle or crease in the fabric - I dont see how it could sit well both times...
But still, why have such similar tops, others would suit the skirt well too.

Whitout the color which is totally different the first one: green purplr; the second green red; the cut is different too: the first one is larger than the second one;

( by courtesy of Getty)

The V-neck can be pulled straight as at the Russian gala. Her red top from Caprile had been worn either straight or down before. I think the color difference is due to the lighting.

thanks for gala pics!! I don't like this dress at all!! I think it does not suit her well: it's too old for her age....

Last edited by a moderator:
nice pics! i like that dress but why does she recycles it? She mustn't have a lot of galadresses
Hate the black stockings for the lunch but the outfit looks rather nice

I don't like this Caprile's dress. She looks like a Christmas tree...

Letizia's gown was altered for the worse, IMO.
# 1, the skirt is the same but it absolutely has to be worn with the original stiff petticoat. Without it, the fabric sags and the silhouette is ruined. Plus, without being held up, it's far too long.
# 2, the top is the same as well, the embroidery only catches the light differently in each pic. The neckline was re-cut from boat neck to V-line - it's impossible to pull a neckline with embroidered fabric like this up or down. I liked the whole outfit so much better the first time around: Beautifully executed, gorgeous embroidery, correct proportions. (No 'Christmas tree' imression here!) Design-wise, the slightly oversized top made much more sense with a billowing skirt and a 'Renaissance' neckline than it does now.
It's like a designer made a beautiful piece of couture and some dresser at the Palace took out her sewing mashine and messed it up a bit. It's not the first time this happens - Letizia's beautiful pre-wedding ball gown re-apeared with the most boring altered neckline.
Small note: When it comes to wearing orders, I don't understand Letizia's refusal to wear brooches. They hold the sash nicely in place and add elegance to the overall appearance.

Last edited:

( by courtesy of Getty)

You are correct Adelaide. The second top has a vee neck and has a different color.

IMO, both the Queen and Letizia looked great.
I like a lot the colour of the Queen's dress.
I think that Letizia's dress is very regale and the colour looks nice on her.
IMO, the top is the same she wore before, she just wears it in a different way. Why should she buy similar tops amd wear them with the same gown?

Letiza looks elegant on the green gown. However, she look much better with décolleté neckline than the V's neck line

It's a so funny discussion. After to see the Roumanians' shots, I'm persisting and I'm signing: It's not at all the same top!

The differences:

.1 The V Neck
.2 The pressest waist

You can say to me accuratly that Caprile can have to make change, may be but he was changing too

.3 the color : -the first one Green, Grey Purple, Yellow
-the seconde one Green, Grey purple, Pale Vermillon
.4 The embroideries stripes aren't at all in the same direction.

If for the points 1 and 2 it's possible to do a change for the points 3 and 4 it's totally impossible . it's the reason why I say it's not the same top. CQFD

It's a so funny discussion. After to see the Roumanians' shots, I'm persisting and I'm signing: It's not at all the same top!

The differences:

.1 The V Neck
.2 The pressest waist

You can say to me accuratly that Caprile can have to make change, may be but he was changing too

If for the points 1 and 2 it's possible to do a change for the points 3 and 4 it's totally impossible . it's the reason why I say it's not the same top. CQFD

Gee, this sounds so familiar it wasn't that long ago I was adament that Letizia wore different styles of another dress and everyone here kept telling me I was wrong. I feel your pain Adelaide! And I completely agree 100% with Adelaide. They are different. I took 2 pics one from her previous wearing of a green dress and one from this time. And it is obvious to me that they are different. The pattern on the top is different if you compare closely. It's not lighting it's just different. The triangles are of a different size and in a different organizational pattern then the other dress. Also the neckline is obviously different just look at the amount of space between her necklace and where the fabric starts. The skirt looks different to me also, it's not as puffy in the front and it does look a shade darker. Frankly all these opinions of the princess taking an old dress and making a few adjustments to the neckline or whatever some are saying is quite silly to me. It seems more likely that the designer took a similar design and updated it somewhat for her making it with new fabric but still keeping the overall style of what Letizia originally liked in mind.

The differences:

.1 The V Neck
.2 The pressest waist

Adelaide, believe it or not, this time I agree with you.:flowers:
They are two different tops. I have watched them carefully.
You are right the colours are slightly different and also the neckline is different. I thought she wore the same in a different way, but I was wrong.
I still don't understand why she bought so similar tops. She looks like she is wearing a repeat, but it is not true.:ohmy:

Last edited:
Maybe they have coloured/tinted the top and altered slightly the neckline?

I thought she wore the same in a different way, but I was wrong.
I still don't understand why she bought so similar tops. She looks like she is wearing a repeat, but it is not true.:ohmy:

Here are some possible reasons:

1. I have a feeling that Letizia has a slightly hard to fit body type. She's petite and slender so possibly not everything looks great on her. So designers take the basic idea from another dress and update it for her.

2. Maybe Letizia has input also, maybe she said she really liked that green dress from before. But mentioned some things about it that she didn't like and therefore the designer made her a new one that was improved for her.

3. Also maybe she is cautious and doesn't want to be criticized for constantly having new things so she chooses to update and get things that are similar to other things in her closet. Possibly she likes keeping our eyes sharp.:lol:

I've known people that are wealthy and are somewhat uncomfortable with their wealth. They just don't want to be accused of being flashy/extravagant so they tend to buy things that are very similar to other things they already have. I'm not saying Letizia is like this, because I don't know for sure. But it does seem like a real possiblity that she is cautious to not be too extravagant with things. Which I think is good. It demonstrates the ability of royalty to be royal and have their nice things but not be too over the top with things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom