State Visit from South Korea to Spain: June 15-17, 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Details of the visit:
Given the nature of the visit, Moon and his wife will be received by King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia, who will offer a gala dinner in their honor.

In addition to the mandatory meetings with Felipe VI and Sánchez, the South Korean president will visit the Senate, where the presidents of Congress and the Upper House, Meritxell Batet and Pilar Llop, will impose the respective medals of both chambers.

Moon is also planning to visit the Madrid City Hall, where the mayor of the capital, José Luis Martínez-Almeida, will present him with the Villa de Madrid Golden Key.

Finally, activities of an economic-business nature are also planned during the visit of the South Korean president in both Madrid and Barcelona, said the Foreign Ministry.
https://www.europapress.es/nacional...ado-espana-proxima-semana-20210609111018.html

Official Statement

State visit by President of Republic of Korea

​The President of the Republic of Korea, Moon Jae-in, will make a State visit to Spain from 15 to 17 June, following the State trip by Their Majesties, the King and Queen of Spain, to the Republic of Korea in 2019.

State visit by President of Republic of Korea

I think Queen Letizia will receive the Order of Diplomatic Service Merit (pink sash) For Felipe i think he will receive an Upgrade to the Grand Order of Mugunghwa a red sash.

Just a question do we know why the official welcome is in the afternoon and not at noon as usual?

Last edited:
Any news on the dress code? I am assuming it won't be white tie.

I have not read anything except that it will be a dinner much more diminished in number of people, in circular tables and I suppose there will be no tiara

I have not read anything except that it will be a dinner much more diminished in number of people, in circular tables and I suppose there will be no tiara

I have also read that Queen Letizia should not wear a tiara at the gala dinner. I hope it's just rumors and she wears a tiara.

It might be just business attire and no tiara on the queen.

Let’s hope it are at last long gowns. Otherwise they don't need to call it Gala Dinner,.

No tiara. Jacket men, all very relaxed.
The queen combs her hair with a low bun, very Spanish. Everything very simple and as I said, it was what was expected

In fact, they are calling it a "State Dinner", not a Gala Dinner.
We are still at high levels of Covid-19, and measures are still strict, so I already imagined that it was not going to be a gala dinner. It's more like a formal dinner, nothing more.
Also, with the mask I find it difficult to put on a tiara ... Uncomfortable and stupid, honestly.
We will have to wait for better moments

Repeats full look, except that she was then wearing a "fake bob"
https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-pro...noten-falso-bob01-1575012552.jpg?resize=768:*

It is the gala dining room, but with the main table disassembled into several tables. This table was designed by Alfonso XII, so that it could be dismantled and turned into a dance hall. In fact, in an adjoining room, separated by curtains, there is always a band playing music. I think it's the first time I've seen this table disassembled into several smaller ones

https://www.patrimonionacional.es/s.../2020-05/00-comedor_de_gala.jpg?itok=0M9WVmhF

LOS REYES EN CENA DE GALA OFRECIDA AL PRESIDENTE DE COREA DEL SUR - Realeza - ..:GTRESONLINE:..

https://www.gettyimages.es/fotos/sp...ase=SPAIN-SKOREA-DIPLOMACY-ROYALS&sort=newest

https://www.zimbio.com/photos/Queen...Iz/Spanish+Royals+Host+Dinner+President+South

Last edited:
As expected because of COVID-19, Queen Letizia did not wear a formal dress or tiara.
After all, it's always nice to see a state event at the Royal Palace in Madrid.

Last edited:
As was expected because of COVID-19 Queen Letizia and there were no evening clothes.

The Palace is already an attraction in itself. Definitely one of the finest in Europe.

As expected because of COVID-19, Queen Letizia did not wear a formal dress or tiara.

It's true. The Royal Palace is a true wonder. I think it is the only one that can be visited, with all the furniture and its ornaments. Here we call this "dress", that is, the Palace is fully dressed.
In addition, seeing the gala dining room in a different way has its interest.
Until we have a more normal life, or another government, we will not see much luxury in the visits.
What I like a lot about Felipe is that he uses all the available palaces, royal residences, throughout the Spanish geography, just as he did with the Reales Alcázares of Seville.
Will they stay at the Albéniz Palace when they are in Barcelona?

Day 2 today, June 16.

Queen Letizia and the President's wife visited the ONCE Foundation.

** josepgegundez.photoshelter gallery ** ppe gallery **

** gettyimages: ESP: Queen Letizia Of Spain And Kim Jung-Sook Visit ONCE Foundation **

** hola article: La reina Letizia y la primera dama surcoreana apoyan el talento de las personas con discapacidad **

And King Felipe and President Moon Jae-In attended the inauguration of the XXXVI Annual Meeting of the Cercle d'Economia:

** casareal photos 1 ** casareal photos 2 ** casareal **

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom