State Visit from Slovakia to Spain: October 22-24, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this picture! She looks gorgeous. I'm not so sure about the skirt, but the top and jewlery are fabulous. Thank you all for the wonderful pics.

Letizia's dress is ugly. it wasn`t a good choice.

Woman on the left (Telma) - she is not a royal so she may be forgiven that she does not demonstrate appropriate table manners although in this case she is doing much better as her sister as she seems to be interacting with other people on the table.

Woman on the right (Cristina) - it's a caption made in a split of a second. As Telma, she seems to be in the middle of a conversation and doing a gesture, probably pointing at something.

ImageShack - Hosting :: is15681350ei2.png

Very different to Letizia's gesture, who is neither in a conversation nor interacting etc. She is just plain bored, resting her chin on her fist with elbow on the table as if she was asking herself when this annoying dinner would finally be over and she could go to bed. Very very unprofessional to allow a pic like that to be taken. It's a gesture of a defiant five-year-old but not of a CP at a gala dinner.

I won't compare Letizia to Cristina or Elena because there is no point and it's not fair but looking back at some appearances not only from recent weeks there is no question who was born into royalty and who wasn't.

Where has all her energy and drive gone? Letizia used to be a perfectionist, what has become of her. Too much going on with two daughters and royal duties and not enough staff to support her? Too bad as she could do so much better.

I think she's allowed to be bored, but she's not allowed to show it, it's all a matter of image:rolleyes:

Excellent post DoM, as usual, you nail it on the head ;)

More photos:
Polfoto
I like the ladies outfits, especially the jacket of princess Letizia, it´s very beautiful, so are her shoes.

Queen Sofia looks good and I like Letizia's outfit too. Very classy, nice shoes. Top underneath could be more suitable (seems to be the same one from her solo event) and sadly, almost as usual, all is ruined by the terrible hair.

Woman on the right (Cristina) - it's a caption made in a split of a second. As Telma, she seems to be in the middle of a conversation and doing a gesture, probably pointing at something.

ImageShack - Hosting :: is15681350ei2.png

Very different to Letizia's gesture, who is neither in a conversation nor interacting etc. She is just plain bored, resting her chin on her fist with elbow on the table as if she was asking herself when this annoying dinner would finally be over and she could go to bed. Very very unprofessional to allow a pic like that to be taken. It's a gesture of a defiant five-year-old but not of a CP at a gala dinner.

I don't think it was just a split of a second that both Telma and Cristina had their elbows on the table. Letizia was probably listening to the speech (long speeches from both sides). She could be concentrating herself, although I do wish she didn't put her elbow on the table.
Actually this was a very unflattering of Cristina, it seemed she had her middle finger pointing something due to the camera angle, not royal at all.
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/50884182.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=E6847A189137441E134A7CDA3746F3E7

I won't compare Letizia to Cristina or Elena because there is no point and it's not fair but looking back at some appearances not only from recent weeks there is no question who was born into royalty and who wasn't.

To be honest, unless they had tiaras on the head, I doubt people could tell who was royal or not, let alone who was born into royalty ;). Cristina or Elena also had their bad hair days, they usually looked better at night events, so did Letizia.

Where has all her energy and drive gone? Letizia used to be a perfectionist, what has become of her. Too much going on with two daughters and royal duties and not enough staff to support her? Too bad as she could do so much better.

She needs a hair stylist. She looked lovely at the gala dinner (IPA has the best pictures) when her hair was done despite the ugly skirt.

thanks for these pics!!
queen sofia is lovely with her white dress!! very elegant!
i love letizia's top and skirt but not together!!lol

I don't care if this was a low-key state dinner, she should have worn something more fitting to her role, most of what she owns looks cheap, Varela clothing isn't really that good and this matched set (even if the top isn't Varela, the skirt as it is so bad looks to be Varela) doesn't really...well...match :rolleyes:
Considering that the last time she wore a high-profile foreign designer she was vilified in the press, online etc. is it any surprise she sticks to Varela?!

It's such hypocricy as well, the rest of the family wears whoever they like with little or no consequence.

While the double standards exist Letizia will continue to wear Vaerla.

Ugly is actually a question of taste beccause if the Letizia 's gown isn't eyes catching and so spectacular as some people would to be, it's a very refined outfit. The tons of the skirt - judged badly by some of yours- are in fact very refined, more matched with the rubis and diamonds set - earrings, bracelet, necklace, brooch on the sashe- give a delicat image of the Princess whom the aim isen't to be the center of the attention.

very interesting discussion about the elbows on the table! As everybody know, Letizia the first, it's not very elegant - more the fact it's not very correct- the shot is a killer one because who in his/her life don't have put his/her elbows on the table once in a moment of lack of attention ? The worst is that on this terrific shot the Princess is very beautifull! Sic transit gloria mundi !!

Considering that the last time she wore a high-profile foreign designer she was vilified in the press, online etc. is it any surprise she sticks to Varela?!

It's such hypocricy as well, the rest of the family wears whoever they like with little or no consequence.

While the double standards exist Letizia will continue to wear Vaerla.

You are so right and I am still horrified when I think back of the Armani incident at her engagement that obviously scared her off to wear designer again. What a mistake and it would be interesting to know if it was her decision or an advice. But from who? Elena, Queen Sofia and even Cristina have tons of designer wear or accessories and keep wearing them. It's a shame that just the CP cannot be on top of her looks because she does not have access to proper clothing or a hair stylist.

very interesting discussion about the elbows on the table! As everybody know, Letizia the first, it's not very elegant - more the fact it's not very correct- the shot is a killer one because who in his/her life don't have put his/her elbows on the table once in a moment of lack of attention ? The worst is that on this terrific shot the Princess is very beautifull! Sic transit gloria mundi !!

I agree it's a beautiful shot of her. Nice make up and expressive eyes. Unfortunately she wasn't careful or attentive enough and this shot is now the one that goes around in the media world - it is damaging and I can already imagine tons of stories in the magazines that are based on a "caption this". This is like a penalty for the yellow press and they will not hesitate to score the goal.

I like the skirt although I think the other she has wear with this top was better! The light, the colour and the pattern were better than this one! Although I think the all outfit combines!She looks wonderful!

Slovakia's President Ivan Gasparovic gives a speech in the presence of Princess Letizia, left and Queen Sofia, right, before a gala dinner at the Royal Palace in Madrid, Spain, Monday, Oct. 22, 2007. Gasparovic is on an official visit to Spain. (AP Photo/Alberto Martin, Pool via yahoo )

Picture (a lovely photo)

She has a horrible tiaras and earings but a nice necklace. Her skirt did not look that bad except the colour , it did not go well with her top.

I created some Avatars.
They can be found here and here.

Letizia looked stunning!
The Tiara, her hair, the upper part of the dress... really beautiful.
Well, the skirt isn't my cup of tea... but the rest is gorgeous!

It's look to me that all the jeweles wore by the Princess of Asturias : earrings, necklace, brooch and bracelet belong to the same set. As the earrings were the property of the Countess of Barcelona, we can easily think that this estupendous set belong to the Spain Royal Family since a while.

I'm very glad to see the Princess of Asturias wearing this jewellery with so much simplicity.

The two other broochs wore by Letizia with her somptuous red gown have to belong to the same set which is looking a little bit "Art déco", isen't it?

Thanks all for the pics!:flowers:
I like Letizia's jewelry. I also like her top. In my opinion, the skirt could have been beautiful in an other colour and different print.
She also knew she was going to wear the blue stripe on it, so she shouldn't have worn that skirt. They don't match and look bad.
Anyways, she could easily hide the ugly high heel shoes that she wears all the time.
I am surprised to see Letizia with her elbow on the table.:ohmy:
I guess she hasn't learnt good manners yet. A CP should have the best manners!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom