State Visit from Russia to Spain: February 8-9, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Abaca Press

Last edited:
i like letizia's top at last. seems different than what we normally see. the skirt is not my cup of tea, though. her new jewels look beautiful! it's beautiful the way blue jewels look on her.
i must say that although i love the detail of them holding hands in this photo http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=226938&d=1139436201 i think it's a behaviour that should be avoided in a royal gala. (they look so cute, though.. :) )

From terra

Attachments

• 42.jpg
    42.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 412
  • 46.jpg
    46.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 447
  • 47.jpg
    47.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 295
Last edited by a moderator:
The Queen " royal"; Letizia "radiant" and very elegant, the top very original, and i like the dress, she have a look a litlle " XIXth century"very delightful and wiyh the tiare " Las Flores " and the emerald's hearings and necklace it's simply stunning. Doña latizia wears very well the jewells.

Nope... I definitely don't like the Princess’ gown (nor the Infanta's, but it’s not new, so I just renew my dislike for it)... Sorry, Letizia, but this time my heart was completely stolen by Her Majesty! Superb!

The King affirms that the terrorism could only be defeated "from the firmness" of the State of Right
Don Juan Carlos affects the common will "to fight together against so execrable expression of the barbarism"

King Juan Carlos indicated yesterday, in the supper in full dress offered to the Russian president, Vladimir Putin, and its Ludmila wife in the Real Palace, that the phenomenon of the terrorism could only be defeated "from the firmness and determination" of the State of Right. The monarch remembered that Spain and Russia have undergone "painfully" the "crueler expressions" of the terrorism and that the creation the year last of the inter-ministerial group Hispanic-Russian of antiterrorist fight, as well as the constant collaboration of both countries within the framework of the United Nations, demonstrates the common will "to fight together against so execrable expression of the barbarism".
"The terrorism could only be defeated from the firmness and the determination of the State of Right, in defense of the rights and fundamental liberties that this damages conculca of so cruel and cruel form, causing the deepest pain the victims and their relatives, to those who we must all our solidarity", emphasized in its speech.
Don Juan Carlos indicated that the Declaration against the Terrorism that Russia and Spain will subscribe today is "faithful reflection of the commitment assumed by both countries in this field". Also, it praised to Putin to be a "true friend" of Spain and considered that its visit of State offers the opportunity to give to a new step "in the solid friendship Hispanic-Russian reaffirming and extending the bows that already unite to us".

http://www.estrelladigital.es/a1.asp?sec=esp&fech=09/02/2006&name=rey

I think Letizia's green skirt was too poofy for her small frame. Perhaps a figure hugging skirt would've looked better. I liked her black "business" skirt outfit earlier though.
I agree the Queen's gown looked stunning!
I didn't like Cristina's green & burgundy combination.

Elsa M. said:
You're so funny! I'm laughing out loud at your comment! Poor Capriceto...:D
Wow, I didn't do it on porpose!:D It looks funny, but I wanted to write "tell Caprice to..." and I only missed the space between words:D:D

When I saw Princess Letizia in tv, the top of the dress seemed bright, as the Queen's, and that is not reflected in the images, maybe I am wrong:confused:

More images from terra

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 533
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 356
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 354
From getty:

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 462
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 443
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 468
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 445
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 412
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,781
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 387
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 581
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 377
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 416
Letizia looks absolutely brilliant these days. I don't care for today's dress (although the top is very Spanish), but just look at her face- sooo happy! And they were holding hands:eek:! Baby Leonor must be a real durling for them.

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Wow, I didn't do it on porpose!:D It looks funny, but I wanted to write "tell Caprice to..." and I only missed the space between words:D
Nevermind, I stick with Capriceto though... it's much funnier:D

More from getty

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 401
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 385
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 430
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 348
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 396
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 410
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 305
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 353
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 403
Elsa M. said:
Nope... I definitely don't like the Princess’ gown (nor the Infanta's, but it’s not new, so I just renew my dislike for it)... Sorry, Letizia, but this time my heart was completely stolen by Her Majesty! Superb!

elsa, you are reading my mind. i thought the same about cristina's dress, didn't like it in the danish wedding and nor now. letizia's dress wasn't bad, but imo wasn't good either. i think the problem has to do with the baggy skirt. if it was less big the outfit would have changed drastically. the top is beautiful though.

the queen really looks her best in that sparkling silver dress. did she wear it before?

And more from getty

Attachments

• 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 312
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 284
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 309
  • 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 350
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 399
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 383
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 377
  • 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 425
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 301
  • 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 334
And getty 4 :

Attachments

• 35.jpg
    35.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 380
  • 36.jpg
    36.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 383
  • 37.jpg
    37.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 460
  • 38.jpg
    38.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 454
  • 39.jpg
    39.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 383
  • 40.jpg
    40.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 443
It gives me the impression of which Carlos álvarez the photographer of Getty has a small obsession with Letizia :p ... only he has done photos to her, from all the angles, every gesture ... and though very similar, they all are different...:confused:

The hearings and necklace 's emeralds are those wearings by the Queen the wedding day. Sure, the top is fantastic, it's glittering in the TV.

of course! here's a photo in which can be seen that the queen wore earings and neckless on the day of the wedding of felipe with letizia.

source: el comercio digital

lula said:
It gives me the impression of which Carlos álvarez the photographer of Getty has a small obsession with Letizia :p ... only he has done photos to her, from all the angles, every gesture ... and though very similar, they all are different...:confused:

It's not very surprising. At each time that Letizia is in gown, she is " bombarded" she is a true subject of shot, isn't ? I can understand, I find her so photogenic ( in a good sense)

( sorry for my post above about the repetion on the jewells ):)

Excellent work lula!!:)

(I tried to tell you by private message but I could not because your mailbox is full :p )

Indeed, the Queens looks gorgeous!! The dress is beautiful... i was wondering if it is the first time that the Queen use that dress.... i think that i already see it somewhere... :confused:
The Infanta looks good... but i don't like very much the dress of Letizia... i don't know why, i just don't like it!

I was seeing the photos, and i think that the dress of the Queen is new or something... but i think that she has one similar to this one... hasn't she? :confused:

I like the dress of Letizia...,she looks very beautiful.

I have to agree with those who think Letizia looks spectacularly beautiful. Motherhood certainly suits her.

And as someone who really likes Cristina, I really hate that dress for the second time.

i can't really say i like L's gown : i find there are too many colors combined with too many jewels... a disappointment actually! well, let's hope there will be plenty of other galas so she can produice "the" effect again !!! :)

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/rey_rusia_elogia_democratizacion_recuerda_726269.htm

The King reiterated today the Spanish support to the 'transcendental constructive process of an effective democratic system […] in Russia, whose wealth is vital for the political and economic stability of Europe'.

TM the King and Queen offered tonight a gala dinner at the RoyalPalace to Vladimir Putin and his wife, Liudmila, who speaks a perfect Castilian. Thus was concluded the first day of the State visit to Spain. Along with TM, there were the Princes of Asturias and the Dukes of Palma, in addition to the president of the Government, Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero, accompanied by his wife, Sonsoles, and the presidents of the Congress, Senate, Constitutional Court and General Council of Justice. Besides, also the ministers of Foreign Affairs, Justice, Interior and Industry were among the guests, as well as the president of Madrid, the mayor of the capital and an important enterprise representation.

Consomé with vegetables, lenguado with old mustard and pasta and sirloin with raspberry sauce was the menu of the dinner. As dessert, it was served a chocolate turfa and almond praline.

During the toast, Putin expressed his desire on that this visit 'may fortify even more’ the mutual desire of both countries 'to carry on a fruitful work, that discovers new facets' of collaboration. The King, on the other hand, said that Spain recognizes the effort made by Russia 'to take ahead all the transformations’ and reiterated the Spanish support to the Russian people.
The King also spoke of terrorism, 'whose cruelty our both countries have experienced so painfully', and took advantage of the opportunity to remember 'our common wish' to fight together 'against such execrable expression of barbarity’. At the beginning of his speech, the King remembered that Spain has always found in Russia 'a true friend’ and expressed his confidence in 'the rich potential' of this cooperation between the two countries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom