State Visit from Romania to Spain: November 26-28, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fanletizia

Heir Apparent
City
Madrid
Country
Spain
Day 26th

King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia

Hosting officer SS.EE. The President of Romania, Mr. Traian Basescu, and Mrs. Basescu. El Pardo Palace

King Juan Carlos, Queen Sofia and Princes of Asturias

Lunch with SS.EE. The President of Romania and Mrs. Basescu. Palacio de la Zarzuela

Gala dinner hosted by Their Majesties the King and Queen in honor of SS.EE. The President of Romania, Mr. Traian Basescu, and Mrs. Basescu. Royal Palace

Day 27th

Queen Sofia

Visit to College "Juan of Austria" and the Center Hispano-Rumano, in the company of SE Mrs. Maria Basescu, wife of the President of Romania. Alcala de Henares (Madrid)

Reception by SS.EE. The President of Romania, Mr. Traian Basescu, and Mrs. Basescu. El Pardo Palace

Day 28th

Farewell officer SS.EE. The President of Romania, Mr. Traian Basescu, and Mrs. Basescu. El Pardo Palace

source:casareal

thanks for the info. it's great there have been quite a few gala ocassions lately!

The Kings received the Romanian president, in his first visit to Spain after the entry of his country into the EU

The Kings have been officially at noon today at the El Pardo Palace to the president of Romania, Traian Basescu, in his first state visit to Spain three days after the establishment of democracy in his country in 1989 and the accession to the European Union last January 1.

Don Juan Carlos and Queen Sofía welcomed to Basescu and his wife walk from the Rolls Royce of National Heritage, in which the guests moved to El Pardo, place of residence for foreign leaders visiting Spain.
After a few minutes of lively conversation between the two heads of state have been listened to the anthems of both countries and have shot the 21 the salvos of honor.
Then King and Basescu have reviewed a company honors before greet delegations of the two countries and attend the parade of the various bodies of the Royal Guards from the stage of honor.
Nothing more complete the welcoming ceremony, Juan Carlos and the Romanian president have maintained their first encounter.

La Razón | Digital : España

Spain's Royal Family on Yahoo! News Photos
Yahoo! News Photo
Yahoo! News Photo

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures. I agree the First Lady looks fab on both occasions. She changed outfits and the President changed his red tie as it looked alike to the one of the King :lol: Queen Sofia looks very elegant but I was wondering if there is a reason that she's all in black.

Letizia's outfit is terrible down from the waist; it's a repeat and I've said it before. It would be so easy to look nice with some elegant wide leg pants instead of this towel-turned-into-a-skirt and black stockings; sorry but she looks second class and underdressed next to the First Lady and Queen Sofia. I do hope she'll do better tonight and won't wear her red gala top again on this occasion, for the fourth time.

Thank you very much for the pics. Queen Sofía always stands out for his serene beauty and natural elegance

Letizia should be wearing a suit, a jacket and a skirt will be perfect for the ocassion, but not this type of clothes and not that skirt with those black leggins, she seams to like them a lot, they indeed look confortable and warm, that's true!

ahh what lovely pictures from the arrival. First lady looks lovely intresting to see her in two different outfits but so did the Queen. King looked like he had some noce talk going on, always nice to see a happy side of the king, I guess usually he has a serioues look on him. Letizia looked nice, nothing boring

The Queen looked really elegant! The dark blue (or is it black ^^) suits her very well!

I don't really like Letizia's outfit-choice!
I think the black stockings ruin the whole outfit! The grey color makes her look rather pale.. so, I'm not too fond of her look this time. :ermm:

I have always liked this jacket of Letizia, it´s beautiful. I don´t like the skirt.

Intresting article...;)

Romanian president visits Spain amid huge influx of Romanians

...Basescu was welcomed by King Juan Carlos, with whom he listened to the two countries' national hymns and watched a military parade... - article

I really don't see what is wrong with Letizia's outfit or Sofia's outfit. They look fine to me! This is a day event and the Spanish royals aren't known for that really dressy stuff like the Danes and Dutch. Everyone looked appropriate to me!

I understand we are all entitled to our own opinions but the negative opinions in the Spanish forums has really been putting a damper on my enjoyment of this RF. It's always the same people basically saying the same darn thing each event. The comments are getting old! Really old! :bang::bang::bang: I understand you all can careless but now I feel better for letting that out.

Well, Aurora , as you said: Everyone is free to express his/her opinion.
I don't think there are that much negative comments about Letizia or Sofía dressing badly. Having a look through the latest events threads I have the feeling most people were quite satisfied with the outfit choices (at least, I was :D).

I think Letizia should stay away from black stockings. I hate those stockings no matter who wears them! They look horrible on Mette-Marit, on Mary and on Letizia. I just cannot stand them.
Especially when they are combined with a skirt or outfit that's lighter then the stockings.

I don't think someone made a negative comment about the Spanish Royal Family. I only saw some comments by members who didn't like the OUTFITS worn by the Queen and Princess. Do we need to say "Haleluja" and "Amen" to every outfit worn by them? I don't think so. ;)

Photos from the gala tonight. Letizia recycles the green dress from president Putin´s visit, I was thinking she might do it.
BelgaPicture
BelgaPicture
BelgaPicture
Thanks for finding these first pics, LadyFinn! :flowers:
I love this dress on Letizia; the same goes for the Tiara!
I was crossing my fingers we would get to see this one after she wore the wedding tiara during the last gala!

Well, Aurora , as you said: Everyone is free to express his/her opinion.
I don't think there are that much negative comments about Letizia or Sofía dressing badly. Having a look through the latest events threads I have the feeling most people were quite satisfied with the outfit choices (at least, I was :D).

I don't think someone made a negative comment about the Spanish Royal Family. I only saw some comments by members who didn't like the OUTFITS worn by the Queen and Princess. Do we need to say "Haleluja" and "Amen" to every outfit worn by them? I don't think so. ;)

I don't think we should all praise their outfits. That's not what I'm saying at all!!!! We are all from different walks of life and look at things through different sets of eyes. It's just that I have tired of the same old comments concerning this family. I have stayed away from their threads in recent weeks, because it's too frustrating to read the same thing over and over. Then today I decide what the heck I'll come take a look and what do I see well of course the same old comments. And what I mean by the same old comments is that it's the same comment just typed again and again in these threads. Possibly I should learn to take the sarcastic approach and applaud those owners of the comments for being oh sooooo creative with their terms. :lol::lol::lol:

As for tonight's dresses, I think I like Sofia's dress the best. She looks lovely! And so does the wife of the president. I also really like the colors in Letizia's dress and the green skirt is nice too. I'm sure this is a very eye catching dress in person, not sure the photos show it correctly. Also the waist area looks weird to me.

Photos from the gala tonight. Letizia recycles the green dress from president Putin´s visit, I was thinking she might do it.
BelgaPicture
BelgaPicture
BelgaPicture

http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=56788383&cdi=0

It's the same top & skirt altough the neckline is worn in a different way. I found it more sparkling last time, Letizia's overall look was much lovelier back then. It's a worthy gala dress though and a good thing that she went back to Caprile's designs even though it's a repeat. I think the Queen is best dressed, the First Lady looks lovely too.

Getty has more pics:
http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=EventImagesSearchState%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c78040887%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=7&tag=2

http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=56788383&cdi=0

It's the same top & skirt altough the neckline is worn in a different way. I found it more sparkling last time, Letizia's overall look was much lovelier back then. It's a worthy gala dress though and a good thing that she went back to Caprile's designs even though it's a repeat. I think the Queen is best dressed, the First Lady looks lovely too.

Getty has more pics:
http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages....|0|0|78040887|0|0|0|0|0|||0|0|0|0|0&p=7&tag=2

I think how the sash was placed makes a huge difference. I like the first time much better, it makes the top stand out. The 2nd time, the first thing I saw is this ugly huge sash crossed her shoulder, it matches nothing with the dress. Wonder why Letizia doesn't have the same sash as Felipe or Sofia.
Overall this Caprile's gown is very nice, she can wear it forever (aka Sonja's yellow gown) :).

Last edited:
This is a very nice gala gown Letizia is wearing, I like it a lot :flowers:
One question though: how many gala dresses does she have? I think she must have a good collection of them, I guess the recycling she uses at the everyday acts caught up at the gala dinners :lol:
Recycling is not a bad thing, I just wish we can see her wearing something is not Varela :lol:

I think if someone wears large earrings, she should wear no necklace or a less prominent necklace and vice versa. Too mucg jewelry is very distracting.

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

May be I'm daltonian but for me it's not the same at all !

First in the cut!
Then in the color!

The second is contening more red and the design are quiet different.

It's like that that the tabloid press is doing!.....:D whithout to check! and with " préjugés"!!!

The whole outfit is very refined and regal. The Princess of Asturias wear with a great presence a gown which make me think at the "Renaissance" outfit. It's very original and as she is marvellously mak up in suave tons very in accordance with her gown the Princess of Asturias is absolutly exquisit this night.

It's true that I should see very well Letizia in a gown of Jean Louis, american stars designer of the 40 s, as for example Rita Hayworth in Gilda, but I fear it wouldn't be the place neither the occasion even if I'm sur that the Princess would be absolutly faboulous!

As usual, I should to say, the Queen absolutly perfect. All the details fantastic. The Queen Sofia knows very well that she fits her very well

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom