State visit from Qatar. May 17-18, 2022.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder if the dress code is a religious thing? I know the Emir is rather traditional and perhaps wearing a Catholic order isn't acceptable? Just guessing here but it is a very interesting dress code. That being said the Queen looked amazing at the gala.

I think the problem is that the decorations that Qatar awards cannot be worn.

King Felipe received the Founder’s Sword and Queen Letizia received the Sash of Hamad bin Khalifa.

https://www.diwan.gov.qa/amiri-diwan/decorations

The Emir and his wife could have worn the Spanish decorations, but King Felipe and Queen Letizia would have had to wear the spanish ones too because they could not wear those of their guests and so it would seem that they have not received any.

So they opt for a slightly simpler dress code where the hosts wear their miniatures and the guests don't have to wear decorations. It would be a gala dress code.

In Spain, royal ladies generally only wear the tiara at grand gala events in which decorations are worn, and for this reason they do not wear it with this dress code.

Very strange State Visit and felt more like an Official one.
Im not impressed with any state visit they had in last 8 years..I wish they would involve Letizia during state visits and also Felipe.. I think there was just one "Ladies engagement" during the Chinese state visit, the other state visits she took part in welcome ceremony, lunch, gala, return dinner, and tree time the ARCO visit.. I know usually the government deciding these things..But it is a shame..

Im not impressed with any state visit they had in last 8 years..I wish they would involve Letizia during state visits and also Felipe.. I think there was just one "Ladies engagement" during the Chinese state visit, the other state visits she took part in welcome ceremony, lunch, gala, return dinner, and tree time the ARCO visit.. I know usually the government deciding these things..But it is a shame..

Letizia is actually more involved at SVs abroad with solo events, in Spain Felipe was always present at ARCO too.
She only had a solo event for the Chinese visit (Royal Theatre) and Korea (ONCE).

The President of the Senate, Ander Gil, and the President of the Congress of Deputies, Meritxell Batet, received the Emir of the State of Qatar, Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, this Tuesday, May 17, at 12:30 p.m., in the Upper House during the State visit that the Qatari leader has made to Spain.

Back
Top Bottom