State Visit from Portugal to Spain: September 25-28, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anybody have pictures of Infantas Pilar and Margarita? I believe they attended the dinner as well.
Did Don Carlos and Princess Anne attend btw?

Images from seeger

4vs3.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for the photos,I have liked much Cristina this precious one of face,the dress is not new but it feels it very well and it continues it being perfect after the years.
Thanks for the picture of Infanta Margarita this very handsome, I am glad to see them in the supper the two sisters of the King. ;) ;)

Last edited:
Thanks fanletizia! I don't recall any of the kings sisters wearing the Melliero shell tiara before, it looks nice in combination with Margarita's pearls though. The Princess looks well to!
Does anybody know what tiara Infanta Pilar is wearing? Or the provenance of the necklace of Elena (who looks great IMO).

From Hola.es:

(a precious moment between the King and his daughter, Infanta Doña Elena, who was gorgeous and regal as ever :wub:)

I found it so nice and tender from King's side to invite his sisters to be present and meet a piece of Portuguese nation that they loved so much for so long. I wish our President would have taken some persons that they would love to see again; but I understand this was not a walk in a park:ermm: ...

Thank you for great job done fan and lula, did you manage to sleep anything tonight:lol:?! I went to bed you were here I return and you are already here... Thank you very much, your work is highly appreciated.

I love the ceiling pictures, WOW :flowers:

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Last edited:
Thanksss lula !!!
she this fantastic one !!!!!!!!!

The Queen and the wife of Cavaco Silva in the Museum Queen Sofia. The journalists were asking the Queen on her future grandson or granddaughter.​

From terra​

The photos at the table are very interesting and different, lula. Thank you for posting them. Elena has such a lovely quiet dignity, especially obvious at these functions. And I like the pink and purple combination on Pilar -- with her hair color, I think she looks quite striking!

lula said:
The Queen and the wife of Cavaco Silva in the Museum Queen Sofia. The journalists were asking the Queen on her future grandson or granddaughter.​

From terra​
http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=3-20060926081852.jpg
They look so friendly and happy. I like both ladies outfits but the Queen outfit is perfect, the pink lace matching with the buttons:flowers:.

What do you mean, lula? The Queen was asked by the future baby in which terms, do people want to know how Letizia is feeling, their preference or just taking the pulse for what everybody and sees on Their Majesties face - are you happy?!

Portuguese First Lady knows the feeling because the Presidential Couple have always welcomed their grandsons with joy and happiness.

Portuguese media give echo of the fact that when arriving Zarzuela Mr. Cavaco Silva wasn't aware of the new and when told greated efusively the Princes and expressed that he sees that the King is feeling the same way he did when Cavaco's daughter told him she was expecting. He is reported saying:

“When at lunch one is told of a so happy event for the family, we cannot leave without associating with them to this same happiness. Speaking with the King, I imagined him in the same situation I was when my daughter told me that was pregnant and that a grandson was to be born” , in Expresso

Other media enlightens that thanks to the announcement the First State Visit of Portuguese President awarded more visibility than it was expected. Which is normal if we pay attention to the fact that the new was known at the same time we saw Portuguese President being welcome in Zarzuela by the smilling Crown Princes.

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say that after reading commentaries from our dearest Portuguese members about your first lady I thought her first state visit and clothes will be one big disaster, but she really is a nice lady and her outfits are very elegant! :flowers: The Queen is splendit as always :)

I didn't like that gold gown (too long, certainly), but it wasn't too bad either... Daily oufits are very nice. The Infantas were superb, in fact I didn't like Crisitna's gown when she wore it earlier, but now it look far better. And Elena was fabulous, extremely elegant!

Last edited:
LaChicaMadrilena said:
I have to say that after reading commentaries from our dearest Portuguese members about your first lady I thought her first state visit and clothes will be one big disaster, but she really is a nice lady and her outfits are very elegant! :flowers: The Queen is splendit as always :)

Well if we pay attention to her Gala Gown that's a BIG disaster :lol:, kidding ;).

I'm surprised too but in fact I already expected her manners to make us forget the dresses and complements, she is a very affectionate person and nice too; and she choose nice day outfits; from the invisible nice ones...

And Queen hugging and smilling broadly besides help anyone :wub:. I'm sure this visit will be in the Presidential couple's mind for some time.

As a portuguese I feel greatly pleased that you liked and that our First Lady didn't become an issue in the visit. That's not her role and she is developing it much better I expected...

Regards,

biboquinhas said:
Well don't you think that Princess Letizia looks unhappy and not really smiling as she always is? She must be in a really bad mod......
But there are other pics from this event where she is smiling widely. She is in her 2nd month of pregnancy and it was still the morning, so maybe she had some nauseases... But she surely is happy, having under her heart little sibling for Leonor :wub:.

Here you have the video from elmundo of the King's yesterday toast. Felipe was so sweet and proud and people started applauding...

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2006/09/26/videos/1159257421.html

Last edited:
biboquinhas said:
Well don't you think that Princess Letizia looks unhappy and not really smiling as she always is? She must be in a really bad mod......

Oh, well :rolleyes: if you look at the picture that illustrates every portuguese newspaper today (where she greets and receives the congratulations from Mr., Cavaco Silva) she doesn't look unhappy at all... and I don't see what reason she would have to be unhappy!!!:ermm:

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/6905/1by5.jpg

posted by fanletizia in this same thread

Or the entire picture posted by soCalGirl

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m78/chatterbox8589/L11.jpg

But since she is feeling the nauseas and morning sickness that was announced it is normal that she will not look always as good as ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great work everyone! I think they all looked nice at the dinner, especially after I had expected the First Lady to be terrible! Elena looked very elegant and Cristina's dress looked much nicer this time than before ;)
I just wish Queen Sofia would get some new gala dresses. She still looked amazing of course! :flowers:

Did elena have a tiara designed as a necklace as well around her neck? it is a very pretty thing!
Thanks in advance
Linda

I wonder if there will be any videos of The Queen and First Lady's vist today? I would love to hear QS speaking to the press about the announcement

Thanks everybody!
I loved both Elena and Cristina's dresses even though I would have preferred to see Elena in a different color, but they looked awesome!:flowers:

I also liked Infanta Margarita's dress:
44udx6u.jpg

source: Deadline Press

Last edited:
The Princes have come to the act in the Palace of El Pardo, this was not foreseen in the agenda and they are never in the habit of coming to this receipt in the visits of State, but it seems that Letizia has wanted to correct her absence of yesterday. Also the Dukes of Lugo have come.

Letizia repeats the suit of New York, the skirt that went in Luxembourg. The Infanta Elena also repeats a suit that went on the occasion of a few prizes of the newspaper ABC.

Maria Cavaco Silva very elegant of black and red;)

Wow, great news, thanks lula! :flowers: Has this event already finished?

Casa real web site still doesn't work... :wacko:

Last edited:
Thanks for those wonderful pictures! Infanta Cristina looks so great with that gown as well as Infanta Elena.

Back
Top Bottom