State Visit from Peru to Spain: July 5-6, 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carlota

Majesty
Country
United States
today the whole spanish royal family will attend to a gala dinner to honour the president of peru and his wife in la zarzuela.

maybe we could see letizia wearing a tiara another time!

Visit from Peru, 2004

Sus Majestades los Reyes han recibido en el Palacio de El Pardo al Presidente de Perú, Alejando Toledo, y a su esposa, Eliane Karp de Toledo, en un acto con el que comienza la Visita de Estado del mandatario peruano a España. Durante la ceremonia se interpretaron los himnos nacionales, y tras dispararse las 21 salvas de honor, ambos Jefes de Estado pasaron revista a una formación de la Guardia Real y presidieron el desfile de las tropas. (Palacio de El Pardo. Madrid, 5 de julio de 2004)

The Kings receaved the President of Peru, Alejandro Toledo and his wife, Eliane Karp de Toledo

Letizia looks very much the princess. I have a question. I notice they are wearing a purple sash today. I am use to seeing them with a light blue one as Inaki has on. What does the purple sash represent and why isn't Jaime wearing one?

Originally posted by ennyllorac@Jul 6th, 2004 - 12:03 am
Letizia looks very much the princess. I have a question. I notice they are wearing a purple sash today. I am use to seeing them with a light blue one as Inaki has on. What does the purple sash represent and why isn't Jaime wearing one?
The blue sash that you're speaking, and that is very used by the spanish royals, is the sash of the Order of Carlos III (is one of Spain's biggest decorations). That was the sash that Felipe and Letizia wore in the visit to the Pope (pic of them wearing the sash). As you see, the sash that Iñaki is wearing isn't the same (i don't know what that sash is :p). About the purple one, i belive that is a decoration given by the Presidents of Peru ;) If it is, Letizia receaved her sash today :)

My, my, I see a love triangle emerging between Felipe, Letizia, and the Peruvian President. Note the smile from Felipe as Letizia and the President kiss each other. Maybe he's into that. Who knows?

xicamaluca  Posted: Jul 5th, 2004 - 5:13 pm
(ennyllorac @ Jul 6th, 2004 - 12:03 am)
The blue sash that you're speaking, and that is very used by the spanish royals, is the sash of the Order of Carlos III (is one of Spain's biggest decorations). That was the sash that Felipe and Letizia wore in the visit to the Pope (pic of them wearing the sash). As you see, the sash that Iñaki is wearing isn't the same (i don't know what that sash is ). About the purple one, i belive that is a decoration given by the Presidents of Peru If it is, Letizia receaved her sash today
That is correct, the purple one is the Peruvian "order".

As to why Jaime isn't privileged to wear a purple sash, I understand only those who rule or are in the direct line to rule are accorded the privilege of wearing the top sash of the country they are hosting.

(see post of further down, of links to other examples ....)

Their Magesties receaved the President of Peru in El Pardo Palace of Madrid ;)

MADRID, SPAIN: Spanish King Juan Carlos (2ndL) welcomes Eliana Karp (L), wife of the Peruvian President and Queen Sofia ® welcomes Peruvian President, Alejandro Toledo © during a reception in the Pardo Palace, near Madrid, 05 July 2004 . AFP PHOTO/ Pedro ARMESTRE. (Photo credit should read PEDRO ARMESTRE/AFP/Getty Images)

MADRID, SPAIN: Spanish King Juan Carlos de Borbon (2R), Queen Sofia ®, Peruvian President, Alejandro Toledo (2L) and his wife, Eliana Karp (L) stand as they watch a military parade, during a reception in the Pardo Palace near Madrid, 05 July 2004 . AFP PHOTO/ Pedro ARMESTRE (Photo credit should read PEDRO ARMESTRE/AFP/Getty Images)

MADRID, SPAIN: Spain's King Juan Carlos de Borbon ©, Queen Sofia (2L), Peruvian President, Alejandro Toledo (2R), his wife, Eliana Karp (L) and Spanish Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero ® pose during a reception at the Pardo Palace near Madrid, 05 July 2004 . AFP PHOTO/ Pedro ARMESTRE (Photo credit should read PEDRO ARMESTRE/AFP/Getty Images)

MADRID, SPAIN: King Juan Carlos of Spain (L), Peruvian President Alejandro Toledo © and Spanish Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero meet for a reception at the Pardo Palace near Madrid, 05 July 2004. AFP PHOTO/ Pierre-Philippe MARCOU (Photo credit should read PEDRO ARMESTRE/AFP/Getty Images)

MADRID, SPAIN: King Juan Carlos of Spain (L), Peruvian President Alejandro Toledo © and Spanish Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero smile during a reception in the Pardo Palace near Madrid, 05 July 2004 . AFP PHOTO/Pierre-Philippe MARCOU (Photo credit should read PEDRO ARMESTRE/AFP/Getty Images)

Originally posted by King Christian@Jul 5th, 2004 - 7:29 pm
xicamaluca   Posted: Jul 5th, 2004 - 5:13 pm
(ennyllorac @ Jul 6th, 2004 - 12:03 am)

The blue sash that you're speaking, and that is very used by the spanish royals, is the sash of the Order of Carlos III (is one of Spain's biggest decorations). That was the sash that Felipe and Letizia wore in the visit to the Pope (pic of them wearing the sash). As you see, the sash that Iñaki is wearing isn't the same (i don't know what that sash is ). About the purple one, i belive that is a decoration given by the Presidents of Peru If it is, Letizia receaved her sash today
That is correct, the purple one is the Peruvian "order".

As to why Jaime isn't privileged to wear a purple sash, its my understanding that only those who rule or are in the direct line to rule are accorded the privilege of wearing the top sash of the country they are hosting.

(Examples of this can be seen with the Belgian RF visiting the Dutch RF on a state visit, and seeing the numerous sashes then in attendance. For instance, the lower Belgians just wore their purple sash, while the Dutch wore purple sashes, and Prince Philippe wore the Dutch sash.)
Thanks for the reply.. Now does anyone know what sash Inakin is wearing and does Jaime have any sashes?

Originally posted by ennyllorac@Jul 6th, 2004 - 1:22 am
Thanks for the reply..  Now does anyone know what sash Inakin is wearing and does Jaime have any sashes?
As i said, i don't know what sash Iñaki is wearing, but isn't the 1st time that i saw him wear it :) And about Jaime, here you have a pic were is wearing a sash: pic .

Each order has a different coloured sash ..... Jaime and Inaki being married into the RF without themselves being royal, probably 'own' the lowest or second lowest order of sash.

I think Letizia's sash is way too big (she is so small that it looks a bit absurd on her) and that her tiara is crooked on her head and that her dress has two diffrent shades of red.

Other that that I think she looks good. :p

pic of all the family

iñaki was wearing a blue sash.... jaime didn't wear any.
all the princesses were gorgeus in those gowns. look at elena! really elegant...

Originally posted by carlota@Jul 6th, 2004 - 3:25 am
pic of all the family

iñaki was wearing a blue sash.... jaime didn't wear any.
all the princesses were gorgeus in those gowns. look at elena! really elegant...
why wasn't jaime wearing a shash? also, could someone explain to me how to post pics? thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom